Chapter 51

Y/N POV

I've been feeling a lot better than when I got back. Some of my bruises have completely went away and my scars are really starting to heal. I could finally look at myself and not think about those horrific moments in my life.

Currently, Christen, Braelynn, and I were at the doctors office for another check up on the baby and Christen. Chris said she thinks she caught a bug or something, which is why she was throwing up so, our doctor wanted to make sure she was okay as well.

I looked in the mirror at the doctors office and fixed my uniform a bit. Today, there was a "Welcome Home" ceremony for those of us that just got back from deployment. It's also to honor our fallen members and present their families with medals of honor in their names.

"Have I ever told you how hot you look in your uniform?" Christen says catching my attention. I turn around smiling at her before placing a kiss on her forehead.
I walk over to Braelynn picking her up to stop her from touching things in the room. She sat on my lap as I sat down and played games on my phone as the doctor walked in.

"So, Christen, there wasn't really anything in your urine sample and the baby looks healthy. As for why you threw up, that could be a number of things. It has nothing to do with the baby, so you're all good."
Christen nodded and we both said our thank you's.

"And I took some new pictures for you two to take home." She says before handing the pictures to me.

"Guess I was worried for no reason."
"Well you never know, it's good to at least check if it had something to do with baby boy."

.  .  .

CHRISTEN POV

I sat with Josie and Braelynn as we watched Y/n and Zoey interact with their team. Most of them gave Y/n and Zoey long hugs seemingly saying thank you. I still don't know much about what happened over there.

"How's Y/n been? Zoey was telling me about some stuff that happened over there and it sounds horrible. I don't understand how they do that stuff and come back okay." Josie speaks up.
"Yeah I'm still trying to figure that out too. She's really good for the most part, she was just uncomfortable showing me her scars and stuff when she got back but other than that she's fine. She hasn't really spoken too much about what happened over there."

Josie nods as we moved onto a different topic before our girlfriends came back and sat beside us. Braelynn was occupied on Y/n's phone not paying attention to anything else going on.

One of Y/n's superiors took the stage and began talking about what led up to their deployment. Giving insight about the sacrifices they all had to make and how they put their lives at risk for their families and for the country.

The general went to the stage and began to talk about some of the men and women they lost over seas and Y/n got emotional. I put my hand in hers rubbing my thumb over her hand to let her know I'm here. She gave me a weak smile as we continued to listen.

"So, we say never leave your brother or sister behind. And I can gladly say that was the case here. Everyone, fallen or alive, came home. And specifically, that was thanks to one unit led by an amazing Sergeant who made sure, who made it her mission, to bring back your loved ones. This unit, helped us accomplish our mission. We came to an agreement with our enemies because of this units hard work and dedication to getting their jobs done no matter the cost or how long it would take. I want to present these medals of honor to you all."

The General called up Y/n's team and the families of the fallen soldiers and began listing off the medals they'd be receiving.

"To this brave group of marines standing before us, and those that we have lost, on behalf of the United States Marine Corps I would like to award you medals for your service. For your heroic actions, your willingness to put others' lives ahead of your own, for the sacrifices you made, the pain you had to endure, we award you the Defense Distinguished Service Medal, The Purple Heart medal, the Prisoner of War medal, and lastly, the silver star."

We stood giving them all a round of applause before they began to snap pictures of everyone with their medals in hand before attaching them to their uniforms.

"There is one last award we would like to give out. Due to matters going on elsewhere, on behalf of the president of the United States, we would like to give this next medal out to someone who went above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in action against an enemy of the United States. This person made sure everyone got home, she carried them on her back, saved many lives even almost at the expense of her own, today we award the Congressional Medal of Honor to Sergeant Y/n Kinsley."

Y/n smiles, shaking the generals hand before he moves over for her to say something. She stood in front of the mic as everyone looked at her.

"First off, I want to say thank you, to my team. My girlfriend, my daughter, my family, for giving me the strength and will to keep moving forward. What we experienced over there- I'd never wish that upon anyone. It was my main goal to bring everyone home and I had hoped I could do that without any casualties. You never know when your last day will be so cherish every second. Left and right, we were faced with death. Our helicopter being shot out of the sky, watching my people get killed, being held a prisoner behind enemy lines, being shot three times trying to protect my team, it's all a lot but if i had to do it over again, I wouldn't change anything. It's made us stronger, it's made us family, and made us realize we can't take anything for granted and nothing is stronger than love and family. So thank you, to my team for having my back out there and for my beautiful girlfriend and my daughter for being the reason, giving me the strength to continue so I could come home to them, alive."

Y/n wrapped up as everyone stood on their feet giving her a round of applause. As she exited the stage she was met with hugs from the families of her team as they thanked her. I rushed over as she embraced me kissing me quickly before picking up Braelynn.

. . .

I stood at the mirror in my bedroom looking at how big my stomach had gotten over the past few days. Sheesh. It was growing at a rapid pace and it was almost unprecedented. I look like a cow. My head has been killing me lately and I have no idea why. I looked back at my stomach and that discomfort was back. I went to the bathroom kneeling over the toilet again before vomiting.

"Babe!" I yelled out waiting for Y/n to appear. She came in and immediately her smiled went away and she looked worried.

"You're throwing up again? Chris-"
"I'm fine can you get my phone please?"

She walks back in the room grabbing my phone before handing it to me.
"How do you feel, what's wrong?"
"I'm fine the babies just moving a lot I guess."
"Are you sure or are you sick or-"
"I'm calling our doctor."

Y/n left out of the room after helping me get in the bed to get me some water and help situate Braelynn in the bath.

After my conversation with the doctor, she told me these are all signs and side effects of pregnancy. She told me my bloodwork and urine sample were clear and that I'm just nauseous from the baby growing.

At least I can relax then. I took something for my pounding headaches and my nausea before laying in bed like a baby.

...

A/n: Simply a filler chapter :) not much butttt, do y'all want a double update 🤭 do you deserve one? 👀👀👀 lemme know💕 also, CHRIS AND TOBIN TO MANCHESTER UNITED IM SO HAPPY ♥️😭