Chapter 4

Y/N POV

Today was the first day I had to report in for duty. I had to get familiar around base, learn some things about the area here in Utah, and have a class on what I'll be doing for at least the next month or so.

Finally getting off of work, I started heading to Christen's place. "Fuck, I should've changed." I still had my uniform on. My camouflage uniform. Guess I'll just change at Christen's.

I arrived to Christen's apartment and knocked on the door revealing my ex. Not lying when I say she looks beautiful. No matter how bummy she's dressed.
"You look really good." I say scanning my eyes over my exes body.

She rolls her eyes before opening her door wider for me to enter.

"Where's Brae?" I ask as I turn around to Christen. She picked up a few of Braelynn's items off the living room floor. "She's still changing. You can sit ya know?"

"I didn't want to get comf-"
"Y/n, just sit."
I did as I was told as we waited for our daughter. It was silent and usually, Chris would use any chance when we're alone to bash me or give me some sort of direction. She likes being in control, if you know what I mean.

"Are you okay?" I ask as she sat down.
"Yeah why?"
"You don't seem okay."
"I'm fine. I just have a headache and I want to sleep."

I nod before slipping my hand in my pocket to grab my phone. "How's the apartment coming together?" she asks as I replied to some text messages.

"It's fully finished now. Braelynn's room, I added some more stuff so, whenever you're willing to let her stay the weekend with me, I'm prepared."

This awkward silence was killing me. By the look on Chris's face, I could tell she wanted to ask me something but, for some reason, she was holding back.

Just in time, Braelynn ran out of her room and into my arms. "Hi booger!" I exclaimed as my daughter hugged me tight. I picked her up holding her in my arms. There's no doubt that she isn't my daughter... I mean not anymore. She looks just like me.

"Mama I want ice cream!"
"You're already hyper you sure you want to add to that?"
My daughter nodded eagerly making me giggle at her actions. "I'll get you some ice cream after the movie and your surprise. Sound good?"

She nods as I stood up and picked her up. "Y/n don't have her out too long. She needs to be back here by 8 so she can get ready for bed."

"Yeah yeah I know. You already told me."
"I'm serious." Christen says glaring and pointing her finger at me.
"Okok. You do know she can stay over my place."

"Mommy can I?!"
Chris turned her attention back to our daughter as we both stuck our bottom lip out pouting.
"Not tonight sugar bear." Chris says as she places her hand on Braelynn's cheek.

Braelynn lays her head on my shoulder in defeat as I pulled my keys out my pocket.
"8 Y/n."
I rolled my eyes as I exited.

. . .

CHRISTEN's POV

Y/n had our daughter out for a little tonight leaving me time to be with Tobin before she leaves back to Portland.

"Are you going to continue checking your phone throughout the night?" Tobs asked as I noticed what she was talking about. I've been taking any chance I could to check my phone when I thought she wasn't paying attention.

"Sorry." I mumbled as I placed my phone on my nightstand. "Babe, I'm pretty sure B is fine. She's only with her mom."

"I know its just- Y/n hasn't been with her alone since she was like, 3 pretty much. It's a whole new ball game. She doesn't know our daughter like she used to and Braelynn was so quick to rush back into her arms like she never left. I just don't want to see my daughter torn apart again."

"I don't want to see you torn apart again babe. So, this is Y/n's chance to turn her words into action. Stop worrying about them and focus on what's in front of you."

I let out a sigh as the night Y/n left us slowly started to creep back in and play in my head. "If you're not up for this little date, I can go if-"
"No no babe I'm sorry. You'll take my mind off of worrying. I could use the distraction."

Tobin smirked knowing what I meant. She pulled me onto her lap as she places kisses on my neck. My hands tangled in her hair.

. . .

I heard knocks at my door. Tobin groaned as I got out of her hold. I quickly threw on some clothes as I got up to go to the door.

Y/n and a sleeping Braelynn stood at my door. "What took you so long?!" I whisper yelled. I looked at my clock seeing it was 9:30.
"I know you said have her back by 8 but, the movie ran longer than I expected and-"

"Babe who's at the-" I hear Tobin's voice. I turn looking at Tobin with just sweats and a sports bra and turn back to Y/n who has her eyebrows raised looking at me.

"You should try looking more presentable when you come to the door after having sex."
Tobin rolled her eyes at Y/n's comment.
"Do you want me to take her to bed?" Tobin asked.

"No I can do it." Y/n said stepping in and glaring at my Tobin as I rolled my eyes.

"Y/n, can I talk to you?" I ask as Y/n came out of Braelynn's room. We went out to the hall of my apartment building leaving Tobin inside.

"Please don't make any fuss about-"
"What? About your girl toy? I'm good. Don't worry."

"Also, If and when I allow Brae to stay with you, don't have any women coming out of your place half naked that my daughter could potentially see."
"Our."
"What?"
"You said my daughter. You meant our daughter. She wouldn't be here without my sperm."
"Y/n shush, I'm serious."
"Ok, well you should get back to your toy in there. What's she about to do? Record a porno with you while my-"
"Ok go now." I say pushing Y/n towards the elevator as she chuckled.

As I walked back into my apartment and into my bedroom, Tobin was fully tucked under the covers of my bed.

"Babe? You're going to sleep already?"
"I don't want to have another round with your daughter here."

Understandable. Tobin and I laid in bed together until she fell asleep rather too quickly for my liking. I was bored scrolling through Instagram when I get a text from Y/n. Of course.

Y/n 👶💩: So, when can I have Brae sleep over? Her room is finished and it's lonely over here. I'd really enjoy her company

Baby Mama 👀🤤: Y/n, what's wrong with just seeing her once a week?

Y/n👶💩: How do you expect me to build a relationship with our daughter if I can't have her for more than a few hours a week?

Baby Mama 👀🤤: You're annoying

Y/n👶💩: You think imma earn more cool points than you 👀

Baby Mama 👀🤤: No I just don't want her to ask more questions about why you haven't been around and why we aren't together

Y/n👶💩: Just tell her the truth then

Baby Mama 👀🤤: Right because you want our 5 year old daughter to know you -

Did I want to get into an argument with her right now. My emotions started to get the better of me as I typed that.

Talking to her makes me think about everything. How bad she treated me, how good she treated me. All the in between.

There isn't a doubt that Tobin's been treating me better than Y/n did.

I don't know why, I all of a sudden felt all this anger thinking about her. All this pain. All this hurt. Everything she put me through. I can't shake her for some reason. Exactly why I needed to have sex with Tobin.

Not for validation...
"Wake up babe, I'll be quiet."