Chapter 53

Y/N POV

"Fuck!" I heard before quickly turning on the light. I was on high alert. Christen was in the bed, crying and groaning. I see the clock and it was 2 in the morning.
"Babe, what's wrong?" I ask as I tried to soothe her.
"Chris, talk to me." I couldn't help but to freak out inside. I couldn't let her see that I was nervous.

"My head is killing me."
"Okay, give me a sec." I say before rushing out of the room for pills, more water, a cold towel, and an ice pack.
They seemingly seemed to help her a bit. She wasn't groaning in pain anymore.

She laid her head on my chest as I rubbed her back. I helped her fall back asleep before falling into a slumber myself.

. . .

I woke up again this time with Christen who was grabbing at my shirt. It had only been an hour since she woke me up the first time.
"Y/N/N I- IT HURTS."
I sprung out of bed and moved the covers back as Christen tried to kick them off.

She clinched her head as she groaned again.
"Chris what hurts? Baby I can't help you unless you tell me."
She points to her abdomen and tears began to fall from her cheeks. It pained me to see her like this.

She told me her vision was blurry again and she felt nauseous. I tried to do everything I could and Chris seemed to finally be calming down. I grabbed my phone to call 9-1-1 when Chris began to seize. I quickly got her off the bed and onto her side letting her ride out the seizure.

"Braelynn!" I yelled hoping our daughter would wake up. "Fuck." I mumbled. I got up keeping one hand still on Christen as she went in and out of consciousness. I looked at the bed and noticed red spots where Christen laid before.

"No, no." I mumbled.
"Braelynn!" I yelled again before my daughter arrived in the room and her eyes widened.
"Mommy!"
"Okay Braelynn look at me don't look at her. I need you to grab my phone and dial 9-1-1 right now."
Braelynn runs to the other side of the bed grabbing my phone and handing it to me as I rubbed Christen's back.

"Brae go put your shoes on and get on a jacket okay?" I tell her before she leaves the room.

I tell the 9-1-1 dispatcher to send an ambulance to our home before hanging up and calling Kelley.
"Chris, babe, can you hear me?" I ask as her eyes fluttered opened. She began to spot again. I noticed the blood on the ground and quickly grab a towel.

"Hello?" Kelley asks sleepily.
"Kel I need you to get here as soon as possible. Chris is in bad shape and I need to get her to the hospital and I need you to take Braelynn."
"I'm on my way." Kelley says before hanging up and not asking many more questions. Luckily she doesn't live far.

"Brae you're going to go with Aunty Kelley okay?"
"What's wrong with mommy?" She asked as her eyes watered.
"Mommy's okay I got her."

Chris began seizing again and I made Braelynn leave the room before I hear a knock at the front door.
It was Kelley.
"Braelynn go open the door."

Kelley rushes in and comes to the bedroom as Christen stopped seizing. She began to experience vaginal bleeding as I tried to stop it with the towel.
"Did you see the ambulance anywhere near?"
"No but they'll be here soon I'm sure." Kelley says.

"Chris babe can you hear me?" I say again before trying to listen for her breathing.
"Fuck."
I began doing compressions when the paramedics come inside with the stretcher.

"Ma'am out of the way please." The man says before he begins to take over her compressions.
They get her on the stretcher as I grabbed her bag and our phones.
"Mama i wanna-"
"Brae you have to stay with Kelley. Kel, y'all can stay here if you want. Thank you so much." I say before quickly hugging her and kissing Braelynn.

I grab my car keys and followed behind the ambulance as we head to the hospital.

. . .

"Christen Press. Experienced seizures, 24 years old. Blood coming from her vaginal area. About 28 to 29 weeks pregnant. Her girlfriend said she's had blurred vision, severe headaches, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and shortness of breath. She also said she's gained a lot of weight and was pale."

I see our OBGYN running in and she looks at Christen's stats on the machine.
"Okay Y/n, how many times did she seize?"
"Twice and she was bleeding and-"
"Okay, your baby needs to come out right now. If it's what I think it is, your baby is coming now. Make your family phone calls before we begin."

I walked out of the room taking a deep breath keeping my composure before calling my family and Christen's. I get back in the room to a barely conscious and weak Christen. I grab her hand before kissing it.
"I love you so much and I'm not leaving your side baby. I'm here."
I reassured her. Even if she couldn't hear me.

Our OBGYN gets an ultrasound and says oh no.
"Y/n Christen is experiencing a severe case of Eclampsia. We've given her meds and if she can garner up enough strength, she can start pushing. If not, she'll be getting a c-section. Please put on that gown."

I quickly put on the gown as I stroked her hair.
"Y/n what color was her blood that you saw?"
"It was a dark red."

"Babe." Christen says out of breath. I squeeze her hand kissing her forehead letting her know I'm here before putting her oxygen mask back on her.

"Christen, it's Doctor Montgomery. You've experienced Placental Abruption and Eclampsia. I need to take this baby out right now. So I'm going to give you a lot of medicine right now because there is no way you're pushing this baby out. It's too risky and I'm planning on saving both of you okay?"

Christen looked scared and I kept trying to soothe and comfort her.
"Where's Brae?"
"She's with Kelley babe. Focus on right now, she's okay."

"Okay, the placenta isn't attached anymore. 10 blade... Y/n, Christen may go unconscious okay? But once I get this baby out, I need you to follow them to the NICU so I can work on your girlfriend."

I couldn't say anything. I just nodded as Dr. Montgomery began cutting into Christen's belly.
"Wow."

She says before taking a quick pause and calling over one of the NICU nurses.
"Get two incubators ready."
"Two?" I questioned.
"Babies out! Congratulations you have a baby boy and a baby girl! Baby boy came first!" She says handing both of them off before grabbing lap pads and working on Chris who was conscious again.

Did she-

TWO?

What the fuck? How did they miss that on all our damn ultrasounds?!

I kiss Christen as we both cried tears of joy.
"Did she say two?" Christen says out of breath before I nod as tears streamed down my face.
"We have twins babe!" I say kissing her quickly.
"Wh- why aren't they crying? I don't hear them crying!" Chris yells.
"Christen I need you to stay calm." Dr. Montgomery says as her team works on our kids. I walk over as our daughter began to cry. Shortly after, our son begins to cry as they opened his airways.
The tears in my eyes blurred my vision as I watched them clear blood off of our newborns.
I picked up our boy in my arms as they began wiping the blood off of our daughter. I brought him over to Christen as she laid a hand on him shedding tears.
"He's so beautiful." She cried.

Christen's hand drops quickly and her smile faded as her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

"Okay Y/n I need you to go." Dr. Montgomery says as Christen went unconscious.
"Christen! Hang on sweetie!" Dr. Montgomery yells as I began leaving the room. I see her grab more surgical instruments before the door shuts.

They rushed me away from the room and told me to follow as they took our babies to the NICU.

I looked back at the room.
Don't die on me Christen. We need you.

....

A/n: Pretty intense chapter. What're your thoughts? And y'all... twins 🥴👀 also ideas on how I should end this story cause imma do it soon?👀👀