Chapter 6

CHRISTEN's POV

"Tyler, can you like I don't know, push Tobin to the idea of asking me out?" I whined to my sister. Tobin and I have been having this unofficial thing going on for far too long now. She told me she'd be the one to ask the question but, she's taking too long and, I just need her to ask me because I- the reason doesn't matter. She just needs to get to it okay.

"Chris, have you I don't know- maybe thought of why she hasn't asked you to be her girlfriend?"
Shrugging my shoulders, Tyler sighs and stands up walking over to me in the kitchen. She grabs my right hand putting it up in the air.

I looked to the promise ring Y/n gave me the day we found out I was pregnant. This probably makes Tobin feel like shit since she knows who gave it to me and I rarely ever take it off. Wow I suck.

"Its a nice ring?" I smile nervously. "Take it off! She doesn't want to see you wearing a ring your ex girlfriend, my apologies, ex fiancé gave you. How do you think she feels seeing that on your finger every day? It's like torture."

"She didn't give it to me when she proposed. This was before then." I mumbled. I continued to play with the ring on my finger.

I pondered on the thought and in the past, Tobin has brought up the ring. She's even asked me to take it off which I would but only for the time being. I don't know why I can't take it off.

"Chris, look me in the eyes and tell me you don't still love Y/n."

I lifted my head and stared into Tyler's eyes. "I do-"
As I was going to confess that I don't still love Y/n, she knocked at my door. I knew it was her because she's taking Braelynn for the weekend. I felt some type of relief not having to say those words out loud for some reason.
"Ty, be nice." I say as I reached the door letting in the taller woman.

"Hey Ty-" Y/n says as she entered my apartment making Tyler scoff and roll her eyes. "Ok then, Chris, is it cool if I maybe keep her for the whole week instead of just the weekend?"

"No I told you we need to ease into her being with you."
Y/n nods and folds her arms over her chest before lightly pulling me outside my apartment into the hallway.

"So are you going to tell me why you why you never replied to me the other night? You only do that when something's bothering you."

"I didn't feel like arguing with you." I mumble.
"Chris, I've already apologized to you for those things I did in the past. Not like I can really change any of those things."
"Should've thought about that before I moved on."
"What does you moving on have to do with anything? Us breaking up is fine with me I did initiate it... wait- do you-"

I opened the door to my place stepping back inside.
"Braelynn come on your mom is waiting for you." I yelled out as I walk back to the living room to sit with Tyler.
Braelynn soon came running out of her room and into the arms of Y/n.

Y/n puts Brae down and grabs her suitcase so she can head out of my apartment. Braelynn gives me a kiss as we share our "I love you" and out goes my kid.

"You still love her." Tyler says lowly as I locked my door behind them. "What?"
"You still love Y/n, Chris. I'm not stupid dude. How did I not notice it before? The ring, how you've been staring at her, how she affected you at the game. You were angry. It all makes sense. You want Tobin to ask you out so bad so you have a reason to finally let go of everything. Christen, you're still in love with her."

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you, I'm over her. She can get a new girlfriend right now and I wouldn't care at all. We're over. We've been over for years."