Chapter 11

Y/N POV

"Where are you going anyway?" I turned to Zoey on FaceTime as I put my shirt on. "Braelynn has a carnival at school and I'm going with her."
"Can I come?"
"Why? I thought you were going out tonight."
"Oh yeah I am, come get drinks after?"
"I can't, I'll be with Braelynn all night. She insisted on a movie night."
"Look at you, being mature and motherly or daddily? Which one are you? I mean daddy obviously, you have the dick."
"Shut up." I chuckled.
"Are you meeting B and Chris there?"
"No, I'm picking them up."
"Ooh spending time with the baby mama."
"You say that like its abnormal. We're in a good place right now."
"Y'all could be in bed tonight.."
"And I'm hanging up."
"Tell them I said hello and I'm getting my niece next week for the base trip. You should bring Braelynn. They're the same age."
"I was going to but yeah, she could make a new friend."
"Alright enjoy your night, don't make another baby!"

I looked at myself in the mirror. Not too bad.
I grabbed my car keys and headed out of my apartment to pick up the two.

. . .

CHRISTEN'S POV

Y/n arrived to my place and I just kept looking her over. She was wearing a basic outfit. Black pants, rolled up to reveal her crew socks, black vans, and a thrasher hoodie with her hair in a bun.

Although her outfit wasn't over the top or anything more than basic, she still looked good. Braelynn finally emerged from the hallway running to her mom. I always love how they interact. Braelynn gets super excited whenever Y/n's around.

"Hey princess!" Y/n says before kissing Braelynn on the cheek. Y/n looks over at me as I grab my bag.
"Ready?"
"Yep." I reply as Y/n walks out the door carrying Braelynn.

We got in the car and had a casual conversation. Just addressing how our weeks have been, Y/n talking about work, Braelynn asking a million questions about the military.

After about 20 minutes, we got to the school and Y/n parked. Opening the door for both Braelynn and I. "Mommy look there's a fairy wheel!"
"I see it baby." I say smiling at my daughter. Her eyes were lit up as she looked around at everything.

Y/n paid for the tickets as we proceeded inside.
"What do you want to do first, babe?" Y/n bends down to Braelynn's level. "I want the unicorn mama." Y/n looks around to spot what Braelynn was looking at.

"Right there." I said pointing to what was right in front of Y/n's eyes. "I knew that." She said and I rolled my eyes smiling.

"Basketball, right up your alley bab- Y/n/n"
"It's been a long time Chris."
"You said a shooter can always shoot."

Y/n hands some tickets to the guy running the game.
"Small stuffed animals, make 5 free throws in a row, medium sized, 5 three pointers in a row, the big stuffed animals, 10 3 pointers, 5 in the corner, 5 at the top of the key." The guy explained.

"Wow, Braelynn would choose the big stuffed animal."
Y/n glared at me as I laughed.
"Brae, you sure you don't want the little frog? It's cute."
"I want the unicorn mama."
"Yeah, she wants the unicorn mama." I butted in. "Don't want to disappoint your daughter do you?"
"You really want the unicorn?"
Braelynn nods.
"Y/n you lived behind the three in high school. Come on, don't be a wimp."