Chapter 9

CHRISTEN's POV

"Braelynn, that's not an option. I already told you. Please, go get in the bath. You have school tomorrow."

Braelynn has been extremely difficult to handle all day and I didn't understand why. She's been super whiny, wanting to be treated like a baby, acting like a brat, name anything and that's probably how she acted today.

Not only did I have to deal with her behavior, I'm dealing with my own issues. There's a weight on my shoulders because I haven't talked to Tobin about the other day in the locker room. I feel like someone might've told Tobin but every time we're on the phone it never comes up.

I've been trying to decide and weigh my options. There's no telling if Y/n actually wants me back or if she's just realizing how much she hurt me in the past and wants to right her wrongs. Y/n also has a girlfriend. She wouldn't intentionally hurt her for me.

Speaking of Michelle, since the blow up, she's stayed away from me 100% if she could. I don't know if I scared the poor girl or hurt her feelings. Either way, she should've stuck up for her girlfriend.

Ugh. Even thinking about Y/n having a girlfriend is bothering me. I want her to myself but I also want Tobin. The bad thing is, if I leave my situationship with Tobin to get back with Y/n, I'll look horrible. Plus, my family would probably hate me. They love her.

They liked Tobin faster than they liked Y/n when we began dating. Y/n would make my family lose their minds. They despise her. They're always talking down on her when she comes up in conversation. I get it. They saw things from the outside of the relationship. It looked bad and that's because it was bad.

That's also why I'm afraid. What if she hasn't changed? Her going into the Marines probably changed her whole perception of life. She's probably stronger than before and that terrifies me. I don't want to be in the same predicament again. I mentally, physically, and emotionally can't do that. I can't let Braelynn see that again. She was too young when things first happened to realize anything also, whenever we had those moments, she was never around which is a good thing.

Speaking of my daughter, she ran out of her room still in her clothes from the day. "Brae, get in the bath." I face palmed myself and took a deep breath but it soon became a shaky one.

Everything I've been dealing with on the inside, it's making me emotional. I had tears slowly falling from my eyes. I'm stressed out and Braelynn not listening is only making things worse. "Braelynn please for the love of God!"

As I began walking towards her room, someone knocked on my front door.
"Kelley now really isn't the time-"
I open the door revealing Y/n. Her eyebrow was raised in confusion.

Her eyes went down as she looked over my outfit. I had on a sports bra and sweats with my hair on a messy bun. "I can come back-"
"No please come in."
"Were you-"

Y/n's sentence comes to a halt as she noticed her daughter running around. She closes the door coming inside. "What is going on in here?"
"Your daughter is- I can't Y/n. Just please make her get in the bath she hasn't listened to me all day, she's been whining and now, it really isn't a great time to push my buttons."

She nods grabbing Braelynn as she runs into Y/n's legs. "Hi mama!"
"Braelynn, did your mom tell you to get in the bath?"
"Yes." She mumbled.
"And why haven't you done that yet?"
"I wanted-"
"You need to go take a bath. Go apologize to your mom and take your butt in the bath. Understand? You have school in the morning so you need to get in the bed right after and go to sleep."

Braelynn nods walking over to me apologizing. Y/n takes her to the bathroom helping her bathe before putting her in her bed for the night.

Y/n comes back out walking over to me on the couch. "Chris." I look up at Y/n and her face changes. She became concerned.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"
Y/n sits beside me on the couch wiping my tears. Her face was only about an inch away from mine. I looked into her orbs and I wanted nothing but to fall into her arms and for her to tell me everything will be okay.

She scooted closer to me rubbing my back. "Do you want to talk about it?"
"I can't."
"Why-"
"I can't talk to you about it."

"Oh, that's fine. You know I still care about you Chris? A lot. Never stopped."

I let that sink in. I nodded at her. We sat in silence as I let my emotions subside. Y/n continued to rub circles on my back. She used to do this a lot. I always felt close to her when she did so. It made me feel like she was always going to protect me and be here.

We sat in silence until I looked up at her. "Y/n?"
She hums in response. "Why are you here?"
"Oh, I came to talk about the locker room thing. Michelle was acting weird that day when we were hanging out and then she told me what happened but blew up on me for siding with you."

"I'm sorry I just-"
"Don't apologize. I'm glad you said what you said. Plus, now i know you still care."
"I didn't say all that, slow your road there soldier."

She cracked a grin and looked me in the eyes.
"You have always been the best part of me. And I know I've already apologized but, again, I'm so sorry for what I did to you in the past. It wasn't me and you know that. You know me. You're the only person who actually knows me. You've been a constant light in my life, even when I was gone. Also, thank you for birthing that piece of sunshine that's in the room."

I couldn't help but to smile. When she said I've always been the best part of her, I don't know, I wanted to kiss her.

"Do you regret leaving?"
"Honestly, no. I regret leaving the way I did leave. But, if I didn't leave, we wouldn't be sitting right here today handling things like adults. If I stayed, I'm pretty sure we would never be able to sit in the same room together. Things would've been worse. I left for a reason. I knew you'd be able to handle things on your own and I wasn't in the right state of mind to take care of you or Brae."

"You didn't have to take care of me."
"Chris, I did. You were my fiancé and you're my child's mother. I wasn't in a good place to care for both of you so I left to get myself back on track but there wasn't a day I didn't think of you or Braelynn but, I'm glad we've matured. I'm happy and Tobin seems to really make you happy and the girl is in love with you, keep her around, Chris."

She did not just ruin that whole heart tugging speech to add Tobin at the end. I love Tobin but, Y/n is making my head spin. I want to be with her. Just fucking kiss me already. I don't want to be the one to do it.

I found myself reaching for her hand. She gave me a weird look before placing her hand in mine. Here it goes. I might as well tell her how I really feel.
"Y/n I-"

Y/n's phone buzzed in her pocket. She took her hand from mine grabbing her phone opening the message. Of course it was Michelle. I rolled my eyes.

She got another message. A video. I could see Michelle's face on the screen before Y/n pressed play and soon moans came from the video.
"Woah!" Y/n fumbled her phone before locking it and putting it in her pocket.

"Nice chat Chris. I have to go eat- I mean go see Michelle. You should call Tobin."

With that, Y/n rushed out of my door.

FUCK.

A/n: I really liked this chapter for some reason so why not put it out now lol. Would you want Chris to break Tobin's heart to get back with Y/n?? 🥺
#Preath or #Y/S/N