Chapter 21

Y/N's POV

"Yes sir. I understand. I'll be back in Utah next week. Thank you."

Hanging up the phone, I let out a breath. "Who was that?" Christen asks cocking her eyebrow up at me. "It was Emily." I lied.

My supervising officer called me to let me know I had to let the Marines know if I'm staying in for another four years or not. I still don't know what I want to do completely.

Also, with the pressure of Peyton possibly being my daughter, that's another thing I have to think about. I'd have to take care of two kids. Pay child support for Peyton. Plus, she lives in California and I don't.

Luckily, with Christen. She doesn't make me pay child support but she knows I'm there financially if she ever needs it.

"Ready?" I turn to Christen before she nods. We were heading to meet up with Emily so I could do the DNA test. Christen wanted to go, I don't mind but, I kind of didn't want her to come.

We arrived to the place which was only about 15 minutes from my parents house. I saw Emily sitting in the waiting area with Peyton looking at the fish in the tank.

"Hey" Emily says before hugging me and smiling at Christen. They didn't really get along in high school but, that was childish shit. They should be over it.

"Hi, Emily. Nice to see you." Chris smiles before Emily returns one and looks at me. We said our hellos to Peyton before Emily spoke up again. "So, they should be ready for us really soon. I signed us in since you said you were on your way here."

Nodding I look around and I just thought about the possibility. Obviously I'd be apart of  Peyton's life but, how would it work?

My thoughts were interrupted when we were called to the back.

.  .  .

"So when will we get the results?" I asked the nurse. "Our lab is pretty quick so in about two days. We'll email the results to you both. But, you're all set to go! Thank you for coming in."

"Well, I'll see you in two days?" Emily says as we walked back outside to head to our cars. "Well I won't be down here anymore, I'll be in NorCal."

"Oh, well I'll call you then."
I nod before saying my goodbyes. 
Christen and I sat in the car for a little bit before I drove off. She didn't say anything to me really.

. . .

CHRISTEN's POV

It's been exactly 3 days since the DNA test. Y/n claims she hasn't gotten anything back but I think that's a lie. I think Peyton is her daughter and she doesn't want to tell me because I'll flip out on her.

She is very right to think that.

I mean, who the fuck gets two girls pregnant... IN HIGH SCHOOL?!

"Hey, are we okay?" Tobin asks as I laced up my boots before beginning to stretch. We were at Levi stadium. Our game was in two days and tomorrow I was planning on taking a visit to Stanford.

"Yeah we're great! Why wouldn't we be?"
"Well you didn't talk to me much the last few days. You said you were with your parents and I respect that but-"
"Tobin, we're fine. I was just busy, I'm sorry. We can go out for dinner tonight. On me."

Tobin gave me her toothy grin before pecking my lips.

I went back to thinking about Y/n once Tobin walked away from me. Like I was going on before, Y/n needs to get her-

"So, were you going to tell me that you and Y/n were sneaking ar-"

My eyes widened as I put my hand over Kelley's mouth as fast as I could. I grab her hand pulling her off to the side and as I began to move my hand she began to laugh.

"Dude shut up who told you that?!" I whisper yelled at her. Duh only one person that could've told her that.

"Wait, I was joking Chris. YOU'RE FUCKING AROUND WITH Y/N AGAIN?!" She whisper yells.
"No."
"You are!"
"Dude shut up. Yes okay. I don't need you telling the whole team."

"Wait, aren't you with-"
"Yes which is exactly why I need you to shut up. I don't know how to dump her. She's so sweet and she deserves the world, just not mine."

Kelley just smiles at me making me slightly uncomfortable.
"I knew you were still in love with her." She teased as she began poking me.
"You're such a big kid." I chuckle before running onto the pitch.

. . .

Y/n booked a room at the same hotel the team was staying at conveniently. She only did it because they have a huge military discount. Isn't she lucky.

"Took you long enough to get here." I say before hugging Y/n and my daughter.
"Yeah well we had to make a few stops."

Braelynn and I had a little mommy daughter catch up time. She told me about all the places Y/n took her today and I couldn't help but to look between the two. They look so much a like aside from Braelynn having my eyes and a few other things.

"I'm hungry." Braelynn says looking up at me. "Me too, Y/n you should take us to dinner."
"Chris, you're currently getting paid to be here, you pay."
"Or you could just pay and be a nice girlf-"

Tobin walks into our hotel room making me quickly stop my sentence.
"Oh? Hey?"
Y/n turns around and says sup to Tobin before turning back to face me as she rolled her eyes.

"Hey Braelynn!" Tobin says before high fiving my daughter and engaging in conversation with her.

"So I'm gonna go now, Braelynn we can go get food if you-" Y/n begins before Braelynn interrupted her.
"I want mommy to come."

I turn to look at Tobin. I don't want to leave her by herself.
"Tobs I'll be back."
She just nods with a smile before giving me a kiss. I also wanted to go because Y/n needs to tell me what the email said about the DNA test.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask Braelynn as we exited the lobby of the hotel.
"I know what I want to eat" Y/n mumbled before smirking at me. I rolled my eyes playfully.

We headed to Chipotle down the street. Y/n paying for the three of us before we sat down as a little family. I've missed nights like this. I missed my family.

"So Y/n, the email."
"Huh?"
"The email"
"What about it"
"What did it say?"
"Oh uh-"
Y/n looked down already giving me the answer without saying the words.

"You have got to be kidding me." I mumbled before Y/n began to laugh.
"Nothing's funny"
"Except for your face! Dude I only have one kid."

Oh thank god.

She gave me her phone showing me the email sending relief through me. There's only room for one baby mama in her world and that's me.

A/N: Another filler chapter 🥴 but the chapter after this is probably what you've been waiting for?

Double update?? 👀 do y'all deserve it