Chapter 25

Christen's POV

The Royals and I were in Orlando to play the Pride today. We were staying with Krashlyn instead of the hotel because, why stay at a hotel when your best friends live here? I mean, probably won't be a great idea after we kick their asses.

Kelley and I finished our stretching and warm ups before heading to the visitors locker room.
"Hey Kel, can you hand me some water please."
"Thirsty much? You already scarfed down like 4 bottles."
"Shut up."

I grabbed my phone seeing a video from Y/n.
She was wearing one of my Royals jersey's and Braelynn had on hers.

"Good luck mommy! We love you!" The two said in unison. Gosh, they're literal twins. "Damn, I didn't even get a good luck message." Kelley said over my shoulder. "Go away nosy."

"Come on Press, we have a game to play."

Michelle walked past me rolling her eyes. Can someone I don't know, trade her?

.  .  .

Y/N POV

I walked onto base after dropping off Braelynn with Zoey.

"Hey, Sergeant, I had something I wanted to talk to you about."
"Which is?"
"My re-enlistment."

He stopped before sitting at his desk.
"You already inked the papers, Kinsley. I can't reverse anything. That's above my pay grade."
"Well I don't want to get discharged I was just wondering if you could stop the processing of my papers. I want to change my field."

"You're doing infantry."
"I know but, I can't do that. My daughter, my girlfriend, they need me here and I can't risk getting deployed again."
"You know I'll always go to bat for you. You're one of the best soldiers to grace this base but, I can't. It's out of my hands."

"There's nothing you can do? Do I need to go break my leg or something?"
"Don't do that. Look, I'll talk to some people over me but, I'm not guaranteeing anything will get done. I'll call you back later tonight. I have a meeting to get to."
"Thank you, Sergeant."

I mean, there's a chance? That's all I needed to hear. I can't leave my girls. Again. I've already fucked up too much and missed too much of their lives. I want to watch my daughter grow up and learn to say Hakuna Matata the correct way.

.  .  .

The score at the half was 0-0 surprisingly. Alanna Kennedy tackled me pretty hard before we walked off the pitch.
"You good?" Kelley asks as we walked into the locker room.
"Yeah I'm fine. Just feeling a little weird. I'm fine though."
"Do you need to sit-"
"Kelley, I'm fine. Trust me."

Laura came in briefing us on our mistakes the first half and what we should be doing the second half. She began yelling at us that we should have 2 goals already. That's true, Amy and I missed easy shots. I'm just a little off today.

We got back on the pitch for the final 45 minutes. Kelley scored for us making it 1-0 but that quickly ended when Sydney received a ball from Emily Van Egmond. Shit.

As the 90th minute approached, I got the ball going towards goal when I got my shot off I looked up seeing it land in goal behind Ashlyn.

I ran and jumped into the arms of my teammates to celebrate. When I let go I felt nauseous. I walked towards the side of the pitch trying to chill out. I got dizzy.
"Hey are you okay?" Becky asked as she came behind me.
I gagged and Becky called over our training staff. They helped me off the pitch. Fuck I'm glad I didn't puke out there. That would be all over.

We quickly entered the locker room and I finally let it out. I threw up in the bathroom and I felt super queasy.

I heard the final whistle and 10 minutes later, the girls came in. I sat with a cold towel over my head after I took a shower. I was waiting on Kelley so we could go to Krashlyn's.

"Hey, how do you feel?"
"Really nauseous. I don't think I have to puke anymore but, I need to go lay down."
"Well we won at least!"
"I know, are you ready to go?"

Kelley nods grabbing her stuff. We headed to Krashlyn's. Sydney and Alex came over so we could have a girls night. This was our last game for the next week.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Alex asked as she looked at me with concern.
"Yeah I'm fine. Maybe I ate too much before the game I don't know."

"Ooh Chris give us the tea! Kelley told us all about how you and Y/n are back on."

"Oh bitch, you really left Tobin for Y/n?!" Ashlyn asked surprised.
"Tobin and I weren't going to last and if we did it would've been faked on my side. I guess I've always loved Y/n deep down and when she came back it became real again."

" I know Braelynn is happy. She's a mama's girl."
Ali said smiling.

"No but the real question, y'all got back to action? We all know Y/n's a freak otherwise you wouldn't have gotten pregnant" Ashlyn smirks.
"Maybe..."  I reply hiding my smile.
"YOU HAVE!" The women yelled laughing.

"How long was she gone for? I mean she probably got real lonely and fucked all the-"
"Ash, i don't want to think about that."

I sat and I felt my dinner coming up.
"Excuse me."

I said quickly running to the bathroom.
I threw up once again. I thought I was done with this.

Alex came in holding my hair back.
"Chris you sure you okay?" Ali asked as she brought me water.
"I don't know. I've felt nauseous all day. It came out of nowhere and I don't know what it is."

Kelley and Sydney looked at each other.
"We'll be back! We're going to get you some medicine." The two announced before bolting out the door.

.  .  .

Kelley and Syd returned about 15 minutes later and walked into the living room with a bag from CVS.
"Here's something for the nausea and uh here."
Sydney hands me a box pregnancy tests.

I looked at her and then at the other women around me.
"No, no way. She wears a condom every time and I make sure of it. I'm not taking it."
"Suit yourself." Sydney says.

I kept staring at the tests before grabbing the box and heading to the bathroom. The girls looked at each other giggling as I walked away.

Fuck.

I opened the box, took two of the tests out, and peed on both.

Wait 5 minutes.

I set a timer before walking back into the living room with the girls. I left the test on the counter in the bathroom. My phones alarm goes off and I didn't want to get up.

My girls followed me to the bathroom and I flipped the test over afraid to look at the results.

+
+

Tears welled in my eyes as I looked down at the two.
"CONGRATULATIONS!" Kelley and Sydney screamed as I held the test in my hand.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

A/N: heheheheh.... leave your thoughts 😭🥴🥴 love y'all