Chapter 47

⚠️ May be a tear jerker or intense for sensitive readers. Read at your own discretion... but then again, you should be fine. ⚠️

Y/N POV

"Dude we need to get out of here. Davis is bleeding." Johnson nods in his direction.
I looked around the room and there was light coming in from outside. I no longer had my gun except for the one in my boot, or so i thought. I couldn't feel it. They took it I'm assuming.

"Yo, wake up. We need to get the fuck out of here, no one else is dying on my watch." I whisper to them. I stop talking when I see someone come towards the door. Leerman gets thrown back in the room with a very swollen eye and cuts on his body.

"What the fuck did they do to you?!" Jones whispers.
"Tried to get information out of me but I didn't crack. I thought I was going to die, it feels like it." He says putting his head down.
"Y/n how are we getting out of here?" Zoey asks and I could see the tears forming in her eyes.

Before I could answer her question, a man appears and walks over to me. He grabs me by my arm making me stand up and goes over to grab Johnson. He grabs both of our arms and pulls us out of the room.

. . .

CHRISTEN POV

I woke up this morning and I couldn't stop thinking about Y/n. Everyone stayed over last night to make sure I would be okay. Braelynn was coming back this afternoon. What was I going to tell her?
Immediately, I broke down in tears. My daughter, she could be living the rest of her life without Y/n in it. And our child on the way, he/she could never meet her.

That was it. That was the last string before I became hysterical.

"Chris you have to calm down. Y/n is okay she's probably just- um- you know- doing her job?" Tyler says looking around trying to get help from everyone else.
"If she was so called "doing her job" don't you think they would know where she is? Do you know how many soldiers that are missing actually come back?! I can't lose her!"

"We don't know if she's actually missing Chris or if she's in danger. Shit, those service people that came last night probably don't know because they weren't there with her. My point is, let's not jump to conclusions." Ashlyn says trying to get me to see a different point of view.

I'm not going to lie. That kind of made me feel better. I sat on the couch taking a deep breath and letting it out. Happy and positive thoughts. That's all I need. She'll be okay. Maybe I need to meditate.

As time went on, there was a knock on my door and I got anxiety. Maybe it was the servicemen back to tell me that Y/n is dead. Tyler jumps up before I could so she could get the door instead seeing that I was panicking on the inside.

"Aunty Tyler!" Braelynn yells as she hugs my sister. I let out a sigh of relief as I went to the door to greet Braelynn's friends mother and thank her before she walked away. Braelynn finishes hugging all the women in the room before I locked the front door.

My daughter was like a breath of fresh air in this darkness. She ran up to me and I held her tightly in my arms, being careful around my belly.
"Hi baby, mommy missed you!" I say peppering kisses on her face.
"I missed you too! We went to the movies and we had ice cream and we watched princess Jasmine and-"
"Sounds like you had a good time then!"

"Yes! And I wanna tell mama about it can we call her pleaseeeee." She begged as she dragged the word please.
"Um, mama is actually really really busy but she wanted me to tell you she loves you and she will call you when she gets the chance." I lied as I held back my tears.