Chapter 34

Y/N POV

Christen's family flew into Utah. There was another break in the NWSL season and the USWNT has no upcoming camp so, Christen was free to be around family for the time being. Her parents are the only ones that know she's pregnant. She hasn't told her sisters yet and I know that will be a problem.

"Okay so, do you think we should maybe stay at your place? You have a four bedroom for no reason and I only have three." Christen says as she finished cleaning the living room.
"Chris, you act like one of your sisters can't take the couch."

Chris gives me a look making me shrug my shoulders.
"They're guests, that would be rude."
"And?"
"Babe, they're not sleeping on the couch."
"I told you, we could've just flown to LA. Why fly them all here?"

"Because, babe, stop asking questions. I never got to ask you, how was your meeting the other night?"

I froze up for a second. Fuck. I thought she forgot about it.
"Oh it was great. The base is coming back together pretty good as of now. Getting some new recruits but we'll be practicing at the Navy's facility here until our base is put back together completely."
"That's good then. The meeting seemed serious when you described it to me at first."
"Yeah, I thought it would be."

I couldn't keep lying to her but I also don't want to stress her out. She's having my baby and they say stress is bad for the baby.

Luckily, before any more questions could come my way, Braelynn came in and Zoey called me.
I walked to the bedroom, shutting the door before answering the call.

"What's up Zo?"
"Hey, did you read your email?"
"No, did I get one?"
"Yeah, you're in the group."
"Hold up."

Opening my email, I saw what Zoey was talking about. It was an email from our sergeant.

We have received the call from Command. Prepare for Deployment. More details to come. Mandatory meeting tomorrow at 0700.

"Hello?"
"Zo, what the fuck are we supposed to tell Chris and Josie?"
"I don't know I haven't told Josie anything yet."
"I know Chris is going to cry and- she's um, she's pregnant."
"WHAT?!"
"I know, I know, this is all horrible timing dude. How long do you think we'll be gone for?"
"Who knows man, but, look, whatever happens, you and I both need to watch each other's backs. We have people to come home to. Especially you."
"Yeah, get ready for some rigorous training, but I need to go back to Chris before she starts wondering what we're talking about."

Hanging up on Zoey, I walked back into the living room. Christen finished cleaning and was putting ultra sound pictures into a box with a bow on it.

"Oh? We're telling your sisters today?"
I asked walking behind her.
"Yeah, I want them to know. I hid it from you and I felt bad so I feel like now I have to tell them too. My sisters deserve to know."
"Yeah... Well do i have to stay here the whole time they're here?"
"Babe, why would you even think leaving is an option for you?"
"They don't like me."
"That doesn't matter. We're together, they're not in this relationship. Also, they'll have to learn how to at least be cordial with you and that starts today."

Christen turns around to me wrapping her arms around my neck.

"You can't force them to act cordial with me babe. I understand why they act the way they act. I fucked up. I know I did and they have a reason to be mad at me."
"They can't hold grudges forever."
"You saw how they acted when i stepped into your house when we were in LA."
"Okay we'll be the bigger person today and while they're here. For me."

I rolled my eyes before Chris smiles knowing I'll do as she asked. She leaned up pecking my lips before walking away from me.

Little does she know, she'll probably be the one holding a grudge against me next. I don't know how to tell her I'm getting deployed and it's weighing on me.

. . .

"So you can either take your bath right now or you can wait until after we eat dinner."
Braelynn hummed as she thought about the options I gave her.

"I want ice cream"
"So bath after we eat? Gotcha princess."

I sat in Braelynn's room entertaining her until I heard Christen shriek which can only mean one thing... her family is here. I took a deep breath before standing up as Braelynn shot out the room.

"Grammy!" I hear and brace myself before stepping out of Braelynn's room, through the hallway and into view.

Everyone was saying their "Hello's" and "I miss you's" until Cody noticed me. The room grew quiet as all of their smiles faltered. Well, this is awkward.
No one said anything.

"What are you doing here?" Tyler says disgusted. She just stared at me. Cody not knowing what to say while Stacy and Channing stared at Christen.

Christen walked over to me intertwining her hand with mine.
"We're back together." Christen beans and I give a slight smile.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." Tyler says before sitting on the couch.
"Braelynn go to your room real quick and shut the door. Go watch a movie." Chris says before directing Braelynn to her room.

Chris waited a second before continuing.
"Look, you all are going to have to act like adults and act cordial with her. She's here, she's not leaving, I want her here, her daughter wants her here. She's apart of the family and her blood is in our family."

"She's not apart of this family Christen! No abuser is apart of this family." Channing yells.
"Why can't you all just leave the past in the past?" Chris asked.
"She hurt you Chris, did she beat you that bad that you can't remember that?" Tyler adds.

"Look, I fucked up in the past, I know that. I'm sorry, I've apologized. Christen forgave me were good, so bringing it up won't do-"
"Shut the fuck up Y/n." Tyler snaps.
"Tyler what really is your problem with me? Is it just that you hate me? That I hurt Christen in the past? Or is it because you're jealous you can't have me?"

"You're a disrespectful piece of shit!" Tyler yells before Cody and Stacy jump in yelling at me.

"Okay everyone literally stop! This is not going to get us anywhere. She's staying and if you want me around you need to get over it okay? Jesus Christ just get along. It's my life and I'm a grown woman, I can-"

"Do what Chris?! Do what you want? Obviously you still need direction because going back to this low life piece of shit just shows you're not as smart as we all thought you were. And I don't care if she's Braelynn's mother, you two can coparent a child without being together. You had Tobin and lost her. Make better choices Chris."

"Tyler can you for once not try and run my life? Let me live for Christ sake. Just shut up!"

"Christen your sister cares! We all do and we can't protect you from domestic abuse all the way in California!"

Well great, Stacy still thinks I'm an abuser.
"Mom I'm fine! There is nothing wrong, we're happy. You should be happy for us. She's apart of the family and one day, hopefully, we'll get married." Christen looks up at me making me smile.

"She's not apart of this family." Channing chimes in.
"She's more apart of this family than you think." Christen let's go of my hand before grabbing the box with the bow and the pictures from the ultrasound.

Tyler opens the box and looks up at us.

"You're a dumbass." Tyler says before walking out of the apartment followed by Channing.

A/N: WELL THE PRESS FAMILY HAS ARRIVED AND Y/N IS GETTING DEPLOYED :,) SHARE YA THOUGHTS