Chapter 28

CHRISTEN POV

"It was so nice to meet you! I know this may be weird because you've been working with Dr. Stevens but she's brought me up to speed. I saw your labs and having a baby is always a great blessing."

"Thank you, so, do you know how far along I am?"
"2 months. Ultrasound confirmed."

My mouth slightly dropped. Oh shit.

Now I feel bad. 2-3 months ago... I was still with Tobin. Ughhh.

"And I know you're a professional soccer player so, I would recommend not doing anything too intense. Be cautious and careful. Don't over exert yourself. But, you are good to go."

I smiled and thanked her before heading out to my car. I'm two months and I could start showing in the next month or so. I can't put things off anymore. I have to tell Y/n.

.  .  .

"We got some newbies in today and oh my gosh they are so annoying. They think they know everything and they think they're ready for a war to spring on us but ugh I just- I'm sorry I'm ranting about something you probably don't want to hear about. How was your day?" Y/n asked before turning to me.

"You could've continued but my day was pretty good. Ran some errands, went to practice, went to lunch with some of my girls, took Braelynn to get some more clothes."
"Sounds like a great day to me. Braelynn come eat!" 
Y/n yelled out as she set Braelynn's plate on the table.

Christen just tell her.

"Hey babe, we need to talk."
"Are you okay?" She asked, concern laced in her voice.
"Yeah I just- we um-"

Braelynn came in taking Y/n's attention away from me. Gosh why is it so hard to tell her. When I was pregnant with Braelynn it was easier for me to tell her. I feel like Y/n will be upset but, then again, it takes her sperm for the baby to be conceived so in retrospect, it's her fault.

"What were you telling me?" She asks as she looks up at me. "Nothing I was just going to say, I love you."
"I love you too dork"

.  .  .

Laura wrapped up practice early because it was too hot and she didn't want us to pass out. I mean, she did me a favor. I haven't told her I'm pregnant. I probably should though. But, five people already know and none of the five are my baby mama.

"Are you okay?" Kelley whispers as I grabbed my stuff out of the locker room.
"Yeah, why?"
"You're ya know, carrying a big load"
"Is that how you disguise the word pregnant?"
"Well what else do you want me to say. No one else knows here."

I turn Kelley around in the locker room.
"No one else is here. I purposely waited to come in just in case I had to throw up."

"How did Y/n take the news?! Is she excited? I am, I think you should name her Kelley."
"Why would I name my kid Kelley?"
"Uh because she'll want to be like me."
"I don't even know what the baby is."
"It's a girl, that's probably all Y/n produces I mean, Braelynn and Peyton."

"Shut up, Peyton isn't her daughter." I got slightly annoyed by that.
"You never answered my question."
"What?"
"How did Y/n take it?"

"I didn't tell her." I mumbled as we walked out the building.
"CHRISTEN!"
"I know shush. I'm going to tell her. I tried to tell her already it just didn't come out. How do you just slide that into a conversation?!"
"You act like she's going to be mad about a baby."