Chapter 26

Y/N POV

I parked at Christen's as I sighed before getting out. Earlier today, I talked to my Sergeant. He informed me that I couldn't switch my field anymore because my processing happened quickly.

So, since that's bad news, I've decided to take Christen out to dinner tonight in return. We haven't gone out alone in a while and we need it.

Knocking on her door, I walk in after she yelled come in. I love seeing her playing with our daughter. It's cute.

"Mama!" Braelynn yells running up to me. This never gets old.
"Hey princess. Sooo Chris, we're going on a date. Zoey agreed to watch Braelynn so, get ready."

"What's the occasion?"
"I- I tried to get my field changed and I can't, I've already been processed so, I'm sorry."
"It's fine, let's not think about that right now. You're here, let's enjoy that."

I smile pecking Christen on the lips before Braelynn says ew making me smile again.

.  .  .

CHRISTEN POV

Y/n looked really good. She dropped Braelynn off with Zoey before coming back to my place to pick me up. She drove us to a restaurant and I was smiling so much already.

As we sat at the table and ordered, I wanted to tell her I'm pregnant tonight but, is it even a good time to do that? Things are going great right now and I don't know how she'll react to it. She could be mad because she just re-enlisted, or she could be happy, I don't know yet.

"Babe I need to-" I begin.
"Chris, look, I just want all good vibes tonight. And like I said earlier, I am so sorry for what I did. Making decisions without you. We're together again and I just didn't want to ruin anything or start an argument that wasn't necessary. You are everything I could've ever hoped for in a woman. Your strong, beautiful, caring, you're everything and that's why I wanted to bring you out tonight. Not only to apologize but, to show you how much I appreciate you for being you and for taking care of our daughter while I was gone being a dumbass."

"Y/n, I took my time doing my makeup please don't make me ruin it." I fake sniffled as I leaned across the table giving her a kiss.

"Remember our first date?"

"When you left your wallet at the bowling alley and we had to sneak out of the restaurant?"
"Yeah, the manager tried to kick my ass. But that day, I knew when you ran out the restaurant with me that you were a keeper."

"I wasn't going to stay behind, Y/n. Plus, I purposely left my wallet at home because you told me to."
"Yeah and then we went to the beach and I kissed you for the first time."
"The second best day of my life."
"Wow that's the best day of your life? I'm offended."
"Why?"
"That proposal, I spent a lot of time putting that whole thing together."
"Well, without the first date, the proposal wouldn't have happened."

I couldn't help but to smile at her. Here I was, in love with the person that broke my heart so bad I didn't think there was any coming back. Looking at her, she looked really good.

"Y/n, we need to leave."
"Why?"
"Don't you want dessert?" I smirked making y/n calm the waitress over.

She placed money on the table telling the waitress to keep the change before grabbing my hand so we could get to her car.

A/N: I know it was short, it's a filler chapter and someoneeeee *Cough* Brooklyn *cough* *cough* wanted a "calm" chapter so yeah :,) I'll probably update again tomorrow... give you some action.

But since I have your attention, if you live in America, like me... OPEN YOUR EYES. USE YOUR VOICE. USE YOUR PLATFORM. Nothing going on right now is okay and let's also not act like racism ever went away or like this stuff doesn't happen everyday. Educate yourself, please.