Chapter 3

Y/N POV

Christen texted me again last night letting me know she'd come to my place instead. I yawned as I got out of bed looking over to the girl I scooped up last night after the game. Her name was Brittany Ratcliffe. I think she plays with Christen, not too sure nor do I care.

Deciding not to wake her, I walk into the bathroom to freshen up and throw some clothes on so I'm not halfway naked anymore. Just as I was about to wake up Brittany, she yawns and stretches as I wink at her. I think she got the clue to get dressed and leave. As I kissed her, someone knocks on my door.

I open it revealing Christen. Brittany looks like she saw a ghost as Chris stares at her. Brittany squeezes past the both of us with some of her items in hand with her messy bed head. Christen's eyes traveled with her as she disappeared down the hallway of my apartment complex.

Opening the door wider, I let Chris inside.
"If you don't mind I'm going to take a quick shower. You came earlier than I expected you to." I say and walk away before she has a chance to say anything. Christen followed sitting in my bedroom.

CHRISTEN's POV

Y/n returned 20 minutes later in nothing but boxers and a sports bra grabbing some pants she had laid out on her bed. I looked at a scar from what seemed to be a bullet on her shoulder blade as she turned around to put her shirt on. I noticed more marks and scars on her upper body. What the fuck?

Looking at them made me shiver. What happened to her over the past few years?

I shook the thought of even worrying about her even though I wanted to know more and know if she's okay.
"So why are you here?"
"I told you we need to talk."
She sits in front of me on the bed as I sat in a chair. She ran a hand through her hair and I couldn't help but think- god, shut me up.

"I'm trying to figure out why you're still here in Utah? Go home."
"Well if you can't tell, I live here now. I've been assigned here. This is great, I can see my daughter."
"I didn't say all that."
"Come on, don't be like that. I should be able to see her."
"No you really shouldn't."
"I couldn't control getting deployed."
"But you could control leaving us. And who's fault was that?"
"Yours truthfully Chris. I left because of you. And quite frankly, right now you're just reminding me of how much I didn't miss being around you."

Well fuck that hurt.

"Is that what you want to do with your life? Hurt me verbally? Physically? If it is, find something new because you've done enough of all of that."

"Can I just see Braelynn? Arguing with you is pointless and exhausting."
"You started-"

We were interrupted by my phone suddenly ringing. It was Tobin.

"Oh joy, your little toy is calling." Y/n snickered as she got up to grab her brush. I groan answering my phone putting it on speaker in hopes she'd say something cute.

"Hey babe is Braelynn doing alright?"
"My girls always good whenever I'm around." I could hear her smiling over the phone.

"My girl my ass" Y/n snickered next to me as she returned to her spot on the bed. I roll my eyes as Tobin questions who that was. "A friend, I have to go bye."

"Wow, hanging up on your little girlfriend for me. You totally miss me." Y/n smiled to herself.
"No I don't." I mumble.
"Don't forget I spent basically all of high school and years after being with you so if anyone knows you, it's me and you know you miss me."

I stayed quiet. I knew if I said anything, she'd just make more dumb remarks. Do I miss her though? I know I still love her but I always will. She's my first love and my child's mother.

I don't want to look like an idiot wanting to get her back. I have Tobin anyway, even though we aren't officially together. She helped me out of my depression and Braelynn loves her.

"So is Tobin your girlfriend or what? Sex toy?"
"Why is that any of your business?"
"Just a question, don't need any randoms around my daughter."
"You're the one who wasn't here so I don't have a choice Y/n and I can have whoever I want around Brae. You honestly don't have a say in shit because you left her."

"It must be your lucky day because I'm back for good. Also, you can continue acting like the only reason you're upset with me is because I left Braelynn or you can own up to your feelings and admit that you're upset because I left you and you're still in love with me."

Her confidence and bluntness has always been something I admired. My heart dropped when she said that.

I was happy but at the same time, I was upset to know that she was going to be back around.

"I don't love you Y/n get that through your thick skull."
"Whatever you say Pressy. When are we going to figure out the whole visitation stuff?"
"An hour at most." I said not making eye contact.
"That's not enough."
"Do you even know how to take care of a kid anymore? She's a lot Y/n you can't just jump back in."

"Okay and the only way for me to get back to how things should be is to have her around me."
"She needs stability. You're good at walking away and I don't need you doing that to her again."
"I'm not leaving. Follow me."

I follow Y/n into the room next to hers.
"See, I'm here to stay." She says.
I look around at the nicely decorated room she had for our daughter.

"This doesn't change anything."
"What do I need to do?"
Y/n looked at me with pleading eyes. Gosh I could drown in her eyes.

"When do you go to work?" I asked her.
"I'm off this whole week. They're giving me time to get settled in."
"Come by and pick her up Thursday morning."
"You sure?"
I nodded and a smile formed on Y/n's face.

"I'll see how you do with the opportunity you have. Don't break her heart again Y/n."
"I won't. I promise."
Y/n placed her hand on my arm.

I looked into her eyes. Thinking about everything from our past. The good, the bad, the ugly. No matter what, Y/n will always be the first person I loved. She'll always have me under a spell.

My eyes slowly teared up. I got out of hEr hold, grabbing my bag and walking to her door.
"I have the same number Y/n, so just call me when you're on your way to pick Braelynn up."
Y/n nods as she watches me leave.

This won't end good. I already know.