Chapter 55

⚠️ MESSAGE AT THE END, REPLY ⚠️

3 MONTHS LATER

Y/N POV

It has been 3 months since Keanu and Nova were born. Let me catch you all up. Well, I got honorably discharged from the military, we told Sydney and Kelley they were the god parents of Keanu while Ali and Zoey would be the god parents of Nova.

Christen and I have been in talks about buying a house.  We have three kids now and this apartment isn't big enough for the 5 of us. So, with that being said, Christen and I have been going house hunting. So far, we have 3 potential houses. All in good range of the Royal's stadium with great schools nearby as well.

Tonight, we were having our friends and family over for something big I have planned. Christen's teammates will be there along with my friends and both of our families. My parents would finally be out in Utah and will also meet the twins for the first time.

.  .  .

"Okay so, I got the ring, Zoey, Kelley, Ashlyn, and I are finishing the decorations. Alex went to pick up the cake I just need you to make sure she stays away from the apartment until I text you." I say into the phone as I talked to Sydney.

Yes. I know what you're thinking and you are absolutely correct. I'm proposing to Christen today.

Currently, I have her out the apartment with Sydney and Ali who took her to the nail shop. I was nervous. What if she says no? I know, I doubt it too but, it's still a thought. She could say that she isn't ready to get married.

What the hell am I doing? Maybe I shouldn't propose...

I took a deep breath before shaking off the negative thoughts. I looked over the living room. There were balloons hung up that spelled out
"WILL YOU MARRY ME?" With a ring ballon at the end. I dressed the kids up making sure they looked photo ready. Who would've thought, after all we've been through that I'd be proposing to Christen.

"Y/n, let's go talk." Christen's dad says before we walk outside.

"I have never been very fond of you. Since you started dating Christen way back when. I always thought you were just a high school phase until you had the great idea to get my daughter pregnant. That made me dislike you even more. Now, you want to marry my daughter."
"Uh, yeah." I say waiting for him to continue.

"You've grown a lot. You made a lot of stupid decisions back then. I just want to say, I'm proud of you. We may not always see eye to eye on things but, you care about my daughter and your kids. You take care of your family. Don't screw up again, she's too deep in with you. You hurting her again would break her. Just, take care of my daughter. I'm handing her over to you. Welcome to the family."

Cody brings me in for a hug when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was Sydney.

"Hello?"
"Nails are done, we're on our way back right now. Are you ready?"
"Yeah we're all good over here. I'll see you soon."

I hung up growing increasingly nervous. It's almost time. I walk back inside double checking everything and opening the box where the ring was as Alex and Servando came in with the cake. Okay. I got this.

.  .  .

CHRISTEN POV

"I'm so exhausted but my nails look really good." I say as we reached my apartment. Ali and Sydney had big smiles plastered on their faces and it kind of creeped me out how much they've been smiling today.