Chapter 33

CHRISTEN POV

The night replayed in my head. Y/n and I walked through the door of my apartment. Y/n carrying a sleeping Braelynn in her arms as she took her to her room before returning to my bedroom.

She was silent. She grabbed clothes, entering the bathroom before showering and returned about 20 minutes later. Anything could be going through her head. She literally just fought my ex.

"Babe." I spoke and no reply. She sat on her side of the bed, her back to me. I know she heard it. I know she's thinking about what Tobin said. How Tobin so carelessly told my unborn child's mother that I'm pregnant.

"Y/n, babe please say something." I say as I sat on my knees behind her placing my hand on her shoulder before she stands up.

"Are you fucking kidding me Christen?!"
Her tone surprised me. I felt small. I sat back on the bed not breaking eye contact with her. I was scared of what was to come next.

"How long have you known?" She asks her voice a little quieter than before.
I couldn't form words. My mouth opened, nothing coming out. No sound.

"Christen, how long have you known?" She mutters.
"Babe that doesn't-"

"It does fucking matter! You're pregnant and I'm the last to know?! No one else in that room seemed surprised it's like they all knew! I'm the one who impregnated you! Did they stick their penis inside of you and impregnate you?! No they didn't because they don't have a dick!"

"Babe lower your voice Brae is sleeping."

She ran her hand through her hair as she took a deep breath.
"I understand you're upset and I'm sorry. I was going to tell you I just- I was waiting for the perfect time."
"Chris, when is there ever a perfect time? I don't think you understand why I'm so mad about this."

"I do, you're mad I didn't tell you before they all found out. Sydney, Ash, Ali, Alex, and Kelley, they all knew which then trickled into everyone else babe. I'm sorry."

"That's not why I'm mad Chris. I could have died! When the base was attacked, I could have died. And you would be alone right now, about to take care of two kids. You being pregnant could've changed the whole dynamic of everything! Why did I have to be the last to know? Do you know how much that hurts? And to think our new born child could live their life not knowing me? And what makes it worse is you didn't tell me your ex girlfriend did!"

She teared up and I felt guilty. Again. I felt bad that I'm bringing her pain.

I stood up wrapping my arms around her body.
"I am so sorry." I mumbled in her chest. "I should've told you sooner I know that. It's just so much has been going on and I didn't know how to tell you. I was scared you'd be upset because it's too soon and we just got back together and we're working on us."

She moved away from my hold. Sitting on the bed and stared at the wall.
"How far along are you?"
"About three months now." I slightly smiled.
She just nodded her head as I walked over to my drawer pulling out the ultra sounds.

"Here, I know this is fucked up and I should've said something but here's our baby."

Y/n took the pictures into her hands. Smiling as she looked down at them. Tears welling in her eyes giving me a smile.
"Chris, no more secrets. We're a team. We're a family. I'm right here, so, please, no more secrets."

I nodded before placing a kiss on her lips. She leaned back on the bed before I crawled on top of her straddling her waist.

"You know there's an upside to pregnancy." I smirked.
"Mmhm?"
"I get super in the mood."
"That's what I liked to hear." Y/n smirks before flipping me over gently.

. . .

Y/N POV

Christen and I went to our doctors appointment this morning for the baby. Our baby is looking healthy and I couldn't be any happier.

"Do you still have to go to your meeting?" Christen asks as we walked out of the doctors office.
"Yeah, it's mandatory. But, I'll drop you off at home and I'll pick up some take out tonight on my way home."
"No don't worry about it I'll cook! Plus, Kelley is coming over with Becky. You should invite Zoey and her boo."
"Yeah I'll let her know."

I drove Christen home before heading to one of the Marines' facilities since our base is still getting put back together.

"What's up?" I ask as I met with Zoey as we headed to the briefing room.
"I'm nervous Y/n."
"Yeah me too, also, Christen's cooking dinner tonight and you're welcome to come also, bring Josie."
"I'll let her know."

We walked into the briefing room standing next to the rest of the marines in the room.
Our Sergeant Major walked in and we all saluted him before sitting down.

"Okay, I know you all in this room have had a tough past week. Things seem unreal but unfortunately, there was a terrorist attack on U.S. soil. You know we don't take that lightly. I'm upset that it happened to you. You're all a great group of marines. Many of you have been to war, you've seen things, experienced things, that no man or woman should ever have to experience or endure in life. Some more than others. I won't let this meeting run too long but, the President is talking about a possibility of deployment to the Middle East as soon as 2 to 3 weeks from now."

Gasps were heard all around the room. My heart dropped. Please don't say we're the group getting sent.

"Now, I'm sorry but, just about, everyone in this room that's in infantry will be getting deployed. Be prepared, prepare your families, we will be having a family preparedness meeting so, your loved ones are welcome to attend especially if this is their first experience of you getting deployed. I'm sorry, I know this isn't the news most of you wanted or expected. I'll keep you updated. But, we can now move forward with the next portion of business."

I could barely focus. My new unborn child. Christen. Braelynn. My parents. My siblings. Christen and Braelynn weren't around the first time but now, I have to prepare them.

My daughter. She's only 6! Fuck.

. . .

Zoey, Josie, and I walked into Christen's apartment. Zoey and I thought it was a good idea to still all come over to keep Christen and Josie in a happy mood until we would have to tell them later tonight. I'm trying my best to keep the look off my face.

The look of pain, hurt, guilt, sadness. I didn't want to put her through this but I knew what I was signing up for.

"Hey babe!" Chris says as I walked in. I was then met with Braelynn. I bent down picking her up and pulling Christen in for a tight hug.

"You okay?" She giggles and I smiled giving her a kiss and kissing Braelynn on the forehead.
"I love you both more than words can explain."
Christen smiles and Braelynn tells me she loves me back.

I greeted our company and Zoey and I kept exchanging looks. I'm scared shitless of how Christen will react. A part of me doesn't want to tell her... she's pregnant. That's too much stress.

"Babe, get out of your head come on!" Chris says making me smile.

This won't last always.

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE YA FEEL ME🤩 just wrote this in like 25 minutes so if it's trash I sincerely apologize lmao. Also, excuse any errors, i was too lazy to proof read. Anyway, thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Ideas? All welcome :,)