Chapter 32

CHRISTEN POV

"Alright ladies, we had a great game on Tuesday but today is a new day. I expect the same class, the same style of play, let's get this win!" Ashlyn yelled.

The team was hyped up and ready to play. It felt weird not being able to dress in my uniform or getting to play in the game but, I'm carrying a child. Y/n's child. Gosh she still gives me butterflies.

"Hey, you okay?" Becky asks as we started walking out the locker room and to the tunnel.
"Yeah, just a little bummed I can't play."
Becky gives me sympathetic smile before giving me a hug.
"You will be back before you know it, plus, you have a little one to take care of."

I couldn't help but to smile. Whenever I think about the baby, I think about Y/n and how I'm having her child. For the second time.

As you've probably guessed it, the whole team knows now. Tobin blew up about it to Lindsey and Mal who then started talking about it with Dahlkemper and Sam and then it just went on and on.

All week I've been getting "Congratulations" and "Are you excited?" or "What do you think it'll be?". I feel so bad that my whole team knows but, my girlfriend doesn't. I just haven't found the perfect moment to tell her.

The other thing is, I feel guilty. I feel bad. I cheated on Tobin and ended up pregnant. Y/n and I are also doing really good right now and, me telling her could either go really good or really bad.

We were playing in Utah today. It was our last friendly of this month and luckily I get to be home. As we got onto the pitch and I headed to my seat sitting between Ali and Sonnett, I turned around seeing my girlfriend and daughter making me smile.

Tobin sat in front of me scoffing and making sure to display her disgust.
"Tobin, don't start with the dramatics today. Act like an adult."
"Pft, I don't listen to cheaters."

I sighed before sitting back in my chair. She's not getting over this and she's been acting like such a bitch towards me since she found out I was pregnant and since she realized I cheated on her. Yes, I made a mistake but, it's in the past. She should move on.

.  .  .

Y/N POV

Some of Christen's team decided they wanted to go to Kelley's and have a little get together. Of course Chris dragged me to come along after we dropped Braelynn off to hang out with Zoey for the night.

"Babe, I don't feel comfortable being here." I whispered as we entered Kelley's place.
"You and Kel are super close." Christen tried to reassure me making me sigh.

"That's not what I meant. Tobin's here and you know she always starts shit when I'm around. Plus, it's all soccer people, I'm a military chick. How the fuck does that mix?"
"You're cute, funny, and you're my girlfriend. Plus? You're friends with a good portion of the team, get out of your head and have fun. You need it after what happened."

I guess she was right. I haven't had too much of a good night since the attack on our base. I've been temporarily on "leave" per say. Just waiting on command for further instruction and for what we do next. For all I know, I could be moving to a different base which means, since Christen and I aren't married, I'd have to leave her.

The party wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I actually enjoyed these women's company. Christen seemed to be at peace around them.
Everyone pretty much gets along but of course, I've made no contact with Tobin. The only thing irritating me is the fact that she keeps staring at Christen like I don't notice. But, for Chris's and Tobin's sake, I'm not going to say anything.