Chapter 43

Y/N POV

Everyone was up, the sun already beating on us. We were going into town today. Our recon team got in touch with us letting us know we'd be clear to continue in. I kept thinking back to why we're even here. All because someone decided to attack us on U.S. soil over pretty much nothing.

"Hey y'all listen up." As I spoke, everyone turned to face me as we rode in our vehicle.
"The sooner we locate the compound, the quicker we can get out of the area. Watch out for civilians. I don't want any unnecessary deaths or unnecessary shots fired. All we need is to find who they call Rabeb. He's in the little booklet we got, find him, cuff him, get out of there but stay alert.  And do not shoot him. Radio Zoey or me if you find him before Z we do. Let's go."

We got out of the vehicle as we arrived in a small town. Women and children stared at us as we walked through with our rifles in hand.
"Alright, split up in teams of 2. Watch each other's 6."

Zoey and I went to the far side of the compound when we hear yelling back towards where we came in.
"You have go to be kidding me." Zoey sighs before we run the other way. Kids start running from the direction we headed in followed by men and women.

"STAY DOWN" I heard before entering the room.
"Johnson what the fuck did you do?! I told you to cuff him and not shoot him!" I yelled as our target had a gunshot wound in his torso.
Zoey immediately kneeled down applying pressure to the wound.

I walk out the room going outside to radio aerial evacuation.
"This is Sergeant Kinsley, alpha team, over. Requesting aerial support. Over."
"Aerial support, copies."
"We need aerial evac with medic on board in Compound C, target is hit in lower torso. Cuffed and unarmed, over."
"Copy that, 5 clicks out."

"Zoey, patch him up, aerial evac is 5 clicks out. Johnson, go get the rest of our team and don't shoot anyone again unless ordered to."

Zoey chuckles as she finished covering the wound.
"Go easy on the poor guy."
"I know I know. That was just a dumb move." I help Zoey lift up our target as we walked over to the evacuation helicopter.

We started walking to our assigned location to rest for the night. I looked over at Zoey as she seemed to be deep in thought.
"What's up?" I ask judging her with a smile.
"I miss my boo."
"Z, we all miss our boo's."
"Yeah but do you know how much sex I could be having right now? I need to go-"
"Hey, no one told you to come back here."
"And no one told your dumbass to re enlist either Ms. I have a child with Christen Press and knocked her up again before I decided to dip again."
"Hey hey hey, I didn't know I got her pregnant again until after and it was an accident."
"Do you just like making babies on accidents?"
"Shut up dumbass."

We continued walking and finally reached our vehicle. My company jumped in, Johnson took the wheel.
I looked down at my locket again and smiled at the two girls. Gosh I miss them.

As we got to our new location everyone laid down, eating their MRE's and calling their families.
I grab my phone and call Christen of course.

.  .  .

CHRISTEN POV

"Kelley, just face it you lost then and you'd lose now. I'm  pregnant and I can more than likely still beat you in a race. Let's not joke around here. Just take it, take the L."

"I'm not taking the L because you cheated then! You ran before Pinoe said go!"
"Pinoe please, enlighten Kelley and tell her she lost on her own."
"Yeah I'm sorry Kel. You just weren't fast enough."
Megan shrugs her shoulders.
"Hey, fuck you both cheaters."
"Don't be a sore loser Kelley, it isn't cute." Ashlyn comments as we all laughed.

"I'm just saying! Megan is a cheater, Christen is a cheater when it comes to races and relationships."
"Kelley, come on you're that salty that you have to bring that up? It's okay, I'm unbothered by that comment because I'm happy."

"Yes queen!" Pinoe says before standing up and grabbing the bottle of wine.
"Go light on the wine Pinoe, you get wild when you drink and my daughter is sleeping."

Just as I stood up to grab a bottle of water, my phone rings.
I quickly grab it seeing my girlfriends name appear.

"Hey you!"
"Hi, I didn't realize how refreshing it'd be to hear your voice, Chris."
"Don't say mushy stuff like that, it'll make me all emotional."
"My bad, how are things going over there?"
"They're okay, ya know, just living that pregnant lifestyle. Your baby girl is kicking."
"Baby girl?! Chris I told you I didn't want to know."
"No no babe I just think it's a girl. I haven't opened the email yet."
"Okay, well you can open it just don't tell me and by the way, our baby is a boy. Come on. I already gave you a girl."
"You say that like you have control over that."
"Manifestation babe."
"I want another girl, I feel like if we had a boy he'd act like you and that's too much to handle."
She gasps playfully.
"That's offensive Pressy. Where's Braelynn? She's nicer to me."
"She's sleeping, its a bit late babe."
"These time zones have me fucked up, I miss y'all."
"We miss you more, daddy."
"Chris- I- ugh."
"Speechless? I have that affect on people."
"Yeah yeah whatever so I got- so-"

I pull my phone away from my ear to check my signal.
"Babe, I can't hear you."
As I said that, the call disconnected making me groan. I hate distance.

Y/N POV

"Fuck." I mumbled as the call dropped. I walked back to the main room to see my team scattered around conversing with each other.

I sat down just thinking about what I could be doing right now if I wasn't here. Johnson walks over to me taking a seat beside me.
"Hey, sergeant, I just wanted to apologize for earlier. I lost my focus and I thought he was going to shoot me or something so I just-"
"It's okay just don't do it again. There's a reason we couldn't let him die. He has information that could help us. I just hope you learned your-"

I heard a weird noise and as I turned my head, I saw our vehicle blow up.
"Take cover!" I yelled before scrambling to grab my rifle.
We ran outside cautiously and aimed towards where the explosive came from. Immediately, fire was drawn towards us and we shot back. We're in for a long day.

A/n: Double update :) I know it isn't much but the next update might have a bit more action and drama. 🥴 so, I also think I'll be going through with my idea that might piss y'all off lol don't hate me.