Chapter 46

⚠️ MAY BE SENSITIVE TO SOME READERS. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.⚠️

Y/N POV

I woke up and  now the sun was setting, limiting the light. There was nothing but smoke around us. I couldn't see much but all I could hear was gunfire hitting the outsides of the helicopter.

I click the radio on my shoulder.
"Does anyone copy! Evac helicopter 447 down. This is sergeant kinsley! 3 clicks west of our last location. We need backup. Seemingly under fire. Wounded soldiers on board that need medical attention now. Over."

I get up crawling over to Zoey.
"Z, wake up." I shake her and nothing until she coughs and her eyes widened looking at our surroundings.
"Y/n you're bleed-"
"I don't care. Get up. You're not dying out here. We're under attack." I say helping her up but still trying to stay as low as possible.

"Johnson, Jones come on. We gotta get everyone out and behind the boulder over there."
Zoey grabs Maddox who's leg was cut by shrapnel from the helicopter and I grab Leerman pulling him outside while Johnson grabs Hansen and Jones grabs Davis.

I kick open the door as we head out and fire back towards where the shots were coming from.
We set them behind the boulder and I look back at the helicopter.
"Johnson, come with me we need to get Wilkinson and Winslow. The rest of you, cover us."

We run back to the helicopter grabbing the last two and pulling them outside behind the boulder.
"What are we supposed to do now?!" Maddox yells.
"I don't know, sit here until the seize fire and wait for rescue!"
"Shit." I look back to the helicopter seeing the pilot down.

"Cover me."
"He's dead!" Jones yells.
"Never leave your brother behind!" I reply as I go back to grab Pilot Aurora.

I get him to safety as I grab his dog tags off of him placing them in my pocket before saluting him.
"Thank you for your service." I mumble as I rummage through his pockets for any letters or information he might want sent home to his family.

We all begin firing back, or at least the ones who could fire back began to.
"Fuck!" Davis yells. She got shot in her hand and quickly sits to apply pressure.
She was then followed by Maddox who got shot in the shoulder and then Jones in his arm.

"We're out numbered y/n!" Zoey yells as we all hid behind the boulder.
"I know" I say out of breath. This is not how I wanted to die.

I look at my locket again and kiss the picture as tears streamed down my face.
"I love you so much." I mumble as I look at the picture clinching it in my hand.
Everyone looked defeated. Our radios no longer worked, it's like we had given up. What was left to do? We were running low on ammo.

As the shots got closer and closer, we fired off most of our last rounds.
"I love y'all!" Wilkinson yells out as we all repeat those three words. Wilkinson looks at me tipping his hat. "It's been a pleasure serving with you."
"Wilkinson- STOP!"
He stands up and I try to tackle him quickly before he gets shot and falls to the ground. I sobbed as I crawled over to him grabbing his tags and stuffing them in my pocket. I tried compressions but, he was gone.

Zoey grabs my hand as we held onto each other. The shots continued to ring and we laid there unable to do anything. Some crying, some preparing themselves to die. Me, I couldn't stop thinking about my girls and how I just let my team down. The sounds got closer and closer. Explosives were thrown. We're going to die.

"Up!" I hear. Bagheri's army surrounded us.
We tried to fight our way through but, we weren't a match for them. They put bags over our heads and tied our hands behind our back before throwing us into the back of a vehicle.

. . .

CHRISTEN POV

I felt great. I let loose for once in a very long time. My friends were over, my sisters were here, my daughter was at her friends house for a sleepover. Meanwhile, I was having a small get together.
"Chug chug chug!" We cheered on Kelley and Ashlyn as they drank their beers.

Kelley finished first throwing the can on the floor and raising her arms above her head.
"I am a champion again! Suck it bitch!"
We laughed as the music blasted in my apartment. I felt at peace and for once I wasn't thinking about Y/n and how miserable it's been without her here.

"We should go out to dinner tomorrow! Get all dressed up! It's been a while!" Ali says trying to encourage us to agree to her plan.
"I mean, it seems like a good idea. We haven't went out guys." Alex chimes in.
"I'm down." I say followed by Pinoe, Sydney, and Kelley.

As we began to talk more, there was a knock on my door.
"ITS THE STRIPPERS!" Alex and Tyler yelled and they all followed me to the door.
I opened the door with a smile on my face. Who doesn't love strippers?

My smile quickly faltered and the music turned off as soon as everyone saw who was standing at the door.
"Can we speak to Ms. Press please." One man speaks up.

Wait... in the little meeting thing Y/n had me go to, they wear the green service uniform when-
"No, what happened?! Is she-"

"Our commanding officer of the United States Marine Corps has entrusted me to express his deep regret that your girlfriend, Y/n Kinsley, is missing in action in Syria as of last night. We extend our sincerest apologies and hope to get more information soon. Have a nice night ma'am."

Everyone stood in place, silent, as I stared out the door. The men were no longer there and Tyler comes behind shutting the door before I sobbed in her arms.

...

A/n: Thoughts?