Part 3

I'm quick to get myself ready for the opening shift then walk there leaving Kate still passed out in bed.

I take my keys out and open the shop up, obviously I'm too early since the shop opens at 8:30 and it's still six. I lock up behind me then move to the back, I pass the kitchen and go into my cubicle of an office.

I set my keys down and take my side bag off, running my hand across the wall until my fingers finally hit the light switch and the room lights up. "Okay," I take my bag off going to my seat. I start open up files and check emails and new orders.

It doesn't take me long and then I start to clean up to mostly make sure I didn't miss any blood from yesterday, I can't have any officers trying to inspect me since I do get them on a regular basis.

Once that's done I go to the kitchen and start baking fresh doughnuts and cookies for the morning, I restock our coffee beans, do the leftovers dishes to make sure everything is clean then start to open up blinds, lights, air conditioning and leave the tables for the set up crew.

Around seven employees start to come in setting up the coffee shop and then the cooks arrive so at eight we're practically ready to open. Even before eight thirty we already have some early birds ready to come in and as soon as thirty past hits we let them in.

"Welcome to Golden coffee how can I assist you today?" I over hear as I walk back into the kitchen. I help out as much as I can before going out into the front to make sure everything is running smoothly.

"Halcyon!" My name is called and I'm spinning in the direction.

"Mrs. Marley!" I smile looking at the elderly woman with two children in hand. "Oh these must be you're grandkids." I'm moving to them to crouch down. "Hello, I'm Halcyon, if that's too hard for you to say call me Haly."

"I'm Chris!" The young boy on Mrs. Marley's right hand says. He's no older then five and has a coat of blond hair with dark brown eyes. "I'm Celeste!" The young girl says beside him, she's smaller in size but still has the same features. Her hair is just longer.

"Nice to meet you, come let me get you guys a table." I'm leading them away to a three chair table and help putting the little girl in her seat as Mrs. Marley is occupied with the boy. "Should I get the usual for you?" I ask Marley.

"Yes please, and two small lemonades for these two. Oh and two croissants."

"I'll be right back." I nod moving to the front desk, I take a pen out form my apron and write the order and table number down before sticking it behind the desk on the cash register.

For a few weeks straight my shop is busy with working customers coming in and out. I've been so occupied I haven't had the chance to even think about that night's incident, that was until the door bell rang again and I turn ready to assist to the customers.

Four six feet men walk in and I almost freeze at the sight, the suited men. My legs are moving on their own, "Hi gentlemen, would you like a table?" The middle man, tall and spotless nods and I'm leading them away.

Don't think about it, don't think about it.

"Here, a table for four." I scan them settling on the guy I recognize. He's still wearing the fix expression he wore through that night. "Can I interest you guys in something to drink?"

"I heard the coffee here is good." The middle man that nodded to me says. The side of his mouth is stitched closed and he has cuts around his eyebrows, I'm looking beyond that seeing his pink lips and dark eyes. He's beautiful.

"Yes, um.." I try blinking back to reality, "would you like to try for yourself?" He nods and my eyes dart around the rest of the men. "Four coffee? Is there a specific way you would like it brought to you?"

"The original way works for us."

"Of course," I smile then turn to go fix the order myself. Four regular coffee. I grab the kettle and ready the water as I put the coffee filter down before I add the crushed coffee beans.

"Halcyon!" My name is called and I look up, Mrs. Marley.

"I'll be right with you!" I finish filtering the coffee looking over at Emma, a worker of mine. "Emma, can you get her a table please. I just need to finish this." She nods willing and goes to help Marley out.

I set the coffee cups on the tray then pour out the black liquid into the coffee cups. I need to be the one severing these men, I don't know what they're capable of and the last time I was alone with one, he pulled a gun on me.

I promise myself not to shake and I try keep it like that. "Here you go, four coffees." I hand them each a cup then go back to my original standing position holding my circle tray in front of me. "Is there anything else you'd like?"

"Actually, I'd like to talk to you." The bruised man says. "In private."

I look around sneaking a glance at Marley, "Unfortunately this isn't the best time. Maybe at a later hour? We're not so busy at six in the afternoon."

His eyes scan me for a second making me unsure, maybe I shouldn't have said that? "Of course." His bruised lips rises in a smirk. I smile at the table dismissing myself and work my way to Marley. "No grandkids today?" She looks up at me.

"Ah, no..no grandkids today." I've only had the pleasure to see her grandkids every other Wednesday or Saturday but recently they haven't been around much. "The usual please."

"Of course."