Part 34

Tamir POV.

Once I'm done taking a few spies out I make my way to her apartment place, I'd like it if she were with me all the time so I can just walk into her room but the way I've been acting lately, I don't think it's something she'll say yes to.

I stop in front of her door and knock before the door opens, there she stands. "Tamir." Her lips spread into a smile.

"Hello my love," I take in she's wearing her hair up exposing her neck and the necklace I gave her. Her body is hugged by a black one piece that's cut short at her thighs and is short sleeve. I look behind her.

"Er yeah, Kate's here." She turns following my gaze.

"No Kate's not here," her bestfriend stands and grabs her bag. "Kate was just leaving, don't mind me."

"Come in," she reaches out for my hand grabbing my last two fingers as I follow her in, my shoulders lift a little as my chest warms at the delicacy of her touch. Our shoulder bump as she pulls me in some more.

"Don't you dare watch another episode without me!" Kate stops in front of her giving her a hug, she doesn't even let go of me.

"I won't." She promise the we watch her leave. "Don't stay up too late." She shuts the door behind her. I turn back to Halcyon.

"I made brownies..." she starts. "Do you want to try them?"

"Sure." She lets go of me, I clench my fist replacing the warmth of her fingers with the tightness of my fist.

"Do you want coffee with that?" I go around to where the stools are and start to take my tux off.

"Sure." I remove my gun from behind me putting it out on the counter, I notice her look as she scans it then her eyes go to my wrist that now has a contoured stabilizer, I fractured it from getting to excited about knocking that one guy out.

Still she doesn't say anything and continues to prepare my coffee for me. "I was starting to think you were avoiding me."

"That's rich," I take my phone out, "coming from you." I recall a time she did everything to avoid me, sleeping, working, you name it. I send a text out canceling tonight's meeting with the finance leader.

"I never avoided you," she's getting better at lying to me. It brings a little satisfaction, must be her skin getting thicker. "Why would I avoid you?" She moves to grab a plate. "You're just such good company." I laugh at her halfhearted response. Can't be mad about that.

I put my phone down next to my gun. "I'd admit, our start wasn't the best." She puts a plate full of brownies in front of me, like I'm going to finish that. "And I messed up your date with my mood swings so, I want to make it up to you."

"Yeah?" She hands me my coffee. "Make it up to me how?"

"I'd like to take you out on a date." She smiles to herself at my response, her head lifts to meet my eyes. "What do you say?"

"I thought this was supposed to be pretend?" I reach out to pick a brownie up and stuff the cube in my mouth, she goes on. "If you take me out to a formal date, wouldn't that be like...official?"

"I won't make it formal then." I swallow then pick my cup up.

"Careful it's still hot."

"This Saturday," I take a sip burning my tongue but don't show it, I put my cup down convinced I've lost all taste on my tastebuds. "These are good," I take another brownie to prove the theory.

"Isn't it hot?" I shake my head. "Well um...in that case Saturday works for me." She reaches out to take a brownie, I push the plate a little closer to her. "Do you want to take some home?"

"I'd like to take you home." I blow this time before taking a sip of my coffee. "But you're scared of me being face to face with your cunt." I tease her.

"Actually," her eyes drop to her hands in which she starts to fidget with. "I've been thinking about that a lot and...I guess..I don't mind it anymore."

"Oh?" That's new. She picks her head up catching my eyes only for a second.

"So yeah." She starts to pack up as an escape route.

"Why'd you put so much thought into it?" She turns to go into an upper cupboard and I observe her form behind.

"I guess...there's much more embarrassing things then letting a guy see my kitty..."

"Your kitty?" I laugh and she turns, she's turning red by the second.

"Don't...don't laugh!"

"Oh sweetheart." I chuckle to myself finishing the coffee. If she's had sex before what more does she have to be afraid of? Sometimes I'm surprised how ingénue she can be. "So you're ready to break that ice?"

"I just don't want boring sex." I raise my eyebrow at that.

"You'll never be bored, especially not with me." I watch her walk around to me and then she sits down on the next stool with her body in my direction.

I let my eyes wonder on her, she probably had to cover up that bruise once more with makeup, I know I won't be putting her in the ring any times soon, she's better off with just a gun.

She reaches out to my left hand and un does the button before rolling the sleeves up in folds, her fingers tickle the skin of my elbow as she does her last fold.

"At least try and be careful," she brings my arm to her lap resting my wrist on her thigh. "You don't like it when I worry about you and you doing like it when I ask questions so the least you can do..." her tone rises and she stops herself.

"The least you can do, is be careful." She grazes the wrist brace. "So I don't worry, so I don't ask questions." She picks her head up, the light reflecting on her eyes make them glisten. "Please."

I can't form an answer for her.

"How long until this hea-" I kiss her. Times like this when my heart beats in my chest really fast and all I can do is kiss her, I pull away watching her still shut eyes then she leans in putting our lips together.

Her kisses make me feel like a little boy pinning over a grown woman, I don't know why, but I can't help the feeling.

I pull her in closer.