Part 17

We keep our silence with me still drawing circles and him still holding his gaze on me. "Look at me." He finally speaks and I pick my head up to meet his eyes. "The first day we met...you saved my life." He pauses. "I wanted to thank you."

In an instant he claims my lips and I'm too stunned to react, I feel my eyes expand and the ends of my fingers tingle. He pulls away with a soft peck. "Thank you." His eyes drop to my lips again and he's already starting to lean back in.

I meet him half way. He was the bleeding man I was trying to save?! He made it? I kiss him harder. I was worried sick that I didn't help at all and that the bleeding man probably died on his way to help because I didn't call the police.

I told myself if ever he didn't make it his death would be on my hands yet here he is, kissing me. I remember the first day he walked into my shop healthy and alive, looking nothing like the bleeding man. Here he is.

He takes a side of my face in his hand and my lips melt on his. He's kissing me like he's been dying to do so, kissing me like he needs my lips for his body to function, kissing me with so much passion.

This isn't the man that murder in front of my eyes, this is the small glimpse of the man that can actually care if he tried. He's the one that's pulling me closer and I'm willingly crawling to him into a straddle.

For once I tower over him as he leans back letting his hands rest one each of my butt cheeks. My tap dancing heart won't slow down for anyone as I'm left to defend for myself. His lips are soft against mine, I try to take in takes of air in between kisses but fail for the most part.

The feeling of his hand running up my spine leaves me shivering and-"Sir you have a-" I pull away form Tamir. An instant death stare is aimed at the interrupter as I'm climbing off him.

"Forgive me sir, you have an unannounced visitor." The man at the door is standing stiffly and clearly full of regret.

"They're unannounced. Dismiss them." Tamir growls, annoyed.

"Yes sir." The door man nods and shut the door. We're left alone. Again.

"You should go." I break the silence coming to my feet. "You shouldn't leave a visitor without any word." I keep my eyes glued to the ground scared to meet his eyes.

"Go to bed." He orders and I listen to him stand. I nod then start moving to my bed, I take a glance back watching the door shut and then I slump in.

"What am I doing?!" I let the covers consume me. "He's not a good man.." but maybe I can save him? I saved him from dying in my arms, maybe I can save him from this lifestyle?

It's a long shot considering how deep he's in it but it's worth a try. If I take my time with him, show him that there's a better world out there and there's people who actually have good hearts he'll change. Or he might not and all I'm doing will piss him off.

I have no plan in mind when I'm changing back into the clothes I came with, they're cleaner and linger with the smell of soft flowers. I walk out to see Tamir waiting for me, he's by the door looking out into the bed where I slept.

I approach him ready to be blindfolded but then we lock eyes he doesn't reach out to take his tie off, instead he's reaching out to me. I follow his hand as he removes hair form my shoulder and then it disappears behind me.

"Don't lose it again," I'm looking at the pendant of gold he's holding. "And don't take it off either." Wait...did he just say again? So he knows about the first time? Of course he knows, why wouldn't his men report back to him? I nod as he tucks it back.

Once I'm blindfold I'm ready to be taken back. My whole body is jumping with the excitement of seeing Kate once again. I can't wait to just hold her, she's the only person I have left and I can't begin to imagine life without her.

We stop and my stomach rises. My blindfold is taken off and we're a block away from my apartment. Just looking at the familiar surrounds puts me at peace. I tap myself for where I last put my keys but the pocket off my hoodie is empty.

I turn to Tamir and he goes into his tux side pocket and holds my keys out. He reaches out to give it to me and I'm going to revive it but he stops, pulls back, and watches me. "What's wrong?" I ask him. Oh please don't do this! I'm literally so close!

"Don't go out Thursday, as soon as you finish your shift you go home, you hear me?" Even though I'm tempted to ask why, I don't, I nod showing him my understanding. "What are you going to say when she asks you where you were?"

"I spent my nights at a hotel, I bumped into you and even though you offered me a place to say I declined but we spent the day together." I spent my morning reciting that.

"And?"

"This Saturday we have a date."

"Good." He hands me my keys and I give him a small smile going to open my door. "Don't be stupid Halcyon." I take his tone as a threat and let myself out.

The air rushes to my lungs and the urge to just run to my apartment takes over me, I can't do that though, so I shut the door and start moving. I'm going to see Kate! I let out a shaky breath taking in a fresh does. "I'm going to see Kate." I smile.