Part 77

"No please! Wait!" I'm laughing. He's towering over my body as I hold his wrist with one hand and clamp his finger together with another. "Listen listen listen-"

"No cause you were talking real loud earlier," he's grinning from ear to ear, "back it up now." He tries to pull free.

I did at least half a lap with me leaping over things and trying to cut corners before I stumbled over my own two feet and fell by the main entrance where his men are guarding. He chased me with no care around like we're kids crushing on each other.

"Let's talk about this!"

"No, let go!" He tries to pull free and I cling onto him as I'm lifted slightly in the air before behind placed down.

"Violence is never the answer!" I laugh.

"No."

"You cheated!" He breaks free and I try squirm away but the slap his gives me nearly takes my soul. "Ow!" The sting vibrates. "You're such and asshole!" I kick up at him.

"I will drag you back to the room," he catches my leg. "Sore loser are you?"

"Shut up." I pull away from him and help myself up. "You basically tackled me down, that's totally cheating!"

"Mm-hm." He nods. "Or you're just slow."

"Or you're just slow," I mock him and he bellows a laugh. I gaze around seeing the sly smirks of his men.

We make it back to our room, Tamir is already undressing and I go get some oil to rub on him. I tie my hair up taking the shorts and oversized shirt off leaving me in a grey bodysuit lace.

I work the oil into his muscles feeling the stiffness from overworking. He has a few healed scars, but nothing like the one scar I remember trying to stop from bleeding out. It doesn't look so bad from the front.

I get his shoulders in, kneading to work the tension out of them. "Mmm..." he groans clearly half asleep. I watch my ring glisten as I run my thumbs down his spine. "What do you think about the eight of February as our wedding date?"

That's a little under four months away. The date does however ring a bell.

"The day you saved my life." He fills the blanks in for me.

"Yeah," I kiss his shoulder blades. "Works for me." I trial lower. "Will that be the traditional or white wedding?"

"We'll figure it out tomorrow," sleep mixes in his tone. Slowly, he shift onto his back making me straddle his front. I kiss him, long and soft letting his lips grow more determined wanting to taste more of mine.

He sits up deepening the kiss as he locks my hips onto him with an arm, his other supports my back as I tangle my hands into the back of his hair.

He still manages to make my body feel new. I warped into his muscles in which he could easily break me but instead I feel safe. The entire time my body is vibrating with electric energy I've only felt with him.

He breaks his lips away from mine but presses our foreheads together, I try taking this time for air not knowing what's next. His head hangs then it sinks to my chest and he just stays there.

I take us down now resting my head on his chest then snuggle closer to him as we both drift off.

Tamir's POV.

I sit. Hands still stained with her blood. She's gone.

"It was a quiet night, we had just fell asleep in each other's arms before I was woken up abruptly. "Sir!" A voice called out desperately and I jerked awake. "We're under attack! This house! It's getting swapped!"

"What?!" I jumped out of bed waking her up. "What do you mean we're under attack?!" I didn't miss a beat to dress myself putting on my trousers and my shirt.

"The front entrance has been jeopardized, this is no gang of imbeciles, someone is up to this!"

"Tamir?" I hear behind me.

"How many of my men are here?" I started to make my way to the door.

"It was seventy but we've lost over thirty of them."

"Tamir what's happening?"

"Are they wearing any symbols? No identification?"

"No sir."

I started asking questions, irrelevant questions, but even in the mist of my own panic I couldn't forget her safety. "Halcyon!" I turned to Kent. "Go guard Halcyon! Now! I'll take care of this! Protect her with your life!"

"Yes sir." He rushed away and I moved to the commotion. Bodies were splattered on the floors, they used to be white but was now stained blood red.

I picked up a used gun and continued on until I was approaching the heart of the chaos, before I arrived I took my phone out that was still dug in my pants and called for backup. My brother, sister, cousin.

I called for more men, for assistance, for anything.

That was before I actually saw everything. The gore displayed in my very home. Instantly I was blinded by the rage, I let the bloodlust consume me breathing in the wrath instead of oxygen.

I was lost. Piling the enemies body without actually knowing who my enemy was. I have many who want me dead, many who want my heart, my head, my soul. But not many who would dare to take it.

My next victim laughed in my face when my gun clicked back and a bullet didn't eat his brain. "That amuses you?" I punched him right where I knew should knock his wind pipes. But still, after wheezing, he laughed.

"You are such an idiot," he choked on his own blood.

"You wanna say that again?" I smashed his head into the ground. My whole body buzzed to crush his head right then and there, but he repeated himself.

"Kill me, it doesn't change the fact that you're here." At that I picked him up and lifted him by his shirt.

"The fuck you mean by that?" I watched blood run down his face and he still cracked a smile.

"You here aren't you..." I frown still not understanding.

"Of course I'm here. You halfwit dumbasses are invading my home!"

"Such an idiot," I punch him again and he groans hanging his head. He mumbled something.

"Speak up, I want to hear what you have to say."

"Who's protecting your girl," I blink at him. I had Kent go back for her, why would this idiot bring her up? She had nothing to do with this. Or so I thought.

"Fuck did you just say to me?!"

He laughs again, louder this time, mocking me. "Us here, we're mere distractions to lure you out. While your here, who's protecting her huh?" He meets my eyes and smiles a nasty grin. "We don't want you this time, we want her."

I drop him.

Halcyon. I need to get to Halcyon. That was all that was on my mind.

I set off running, my ears were stuffed with cotton yet I could still hear the mocking laugher ring in my ears. "Fuck!" I pushed my legs further. "FUCK!"

They wanted to lure me out of my room. Who's protecting her huh? I WAS! I skidded on blood but pushed myself back up. We don't want you this time, we want her. I WAS RIGHT THERE! I WAS RIGHT THERE PROTECTING HER!

"HALCYON!" I yell out to her. I'm an idiot, I thought to myself, I'm such an idiot.

An idiot that was too late."