Part 9

He takes out the small rocks and then cleans me up the same way, my left hand is worse then my right and in some ways that's a good thing.

He pulls away from me and I look down at my now bandaged hands as he leaves, my eyes dart around the room and I slowly realize I'm in a waiting lounge. It's nothing like the waiting lounge of a doctor's office.

This room is carpeted with grey and the walls are painted white, the only furniture are the few chairs sitting around and then one right opposite me where Tamir used to be. I follow where he went to see an open door.

From where I am I don't see much but the open space, could that be the office? His office?

I pull my sleeve down using my finger tips to keep them up and then I try wiping my face down. I pull hair out my face and then I wipe the cold sweat from the running in fear.

When Tamir walks back in I'm tucking hair behind my ear and watching him approach. Something about the way the he walks to me makes me shiver, my teeth shatter to the cold wave and he stops, retreats, then come back with his tips half of his suit.

He comes to me draping it over my shoulders and I take it upon myself to slide my arms into the wholes. It's oversized making me feel like a mere child in it but it does bring me some warmth.

I scoop hair from underneath it and let it fall freely. "Here." I look up at him giving me a phone, I take it. "Make some calls, tell them you'll be away for a few days, be vague about where you're staying."

"I..." I'm looking down at the turned off phone "I don't really have anyone to call."

"You run a coffee shop." He reminds me. "And that girl...your bestfriend." Kate. Do I really want to be getting her involved into this? She's going to hate me if I don't call though. I start dialling then put the phone to my ear. "Put it on speaker." I do.

It rings as Tamir sits back down and we listen to it ring, it's no surprise when she doesn't answer, it six in the morning she's sound asleep. "Can I try again?"

"Go ahead."

I try again and just as the last ring is about to end she picks up. "Kate!"

"Halcyon?" She's clearly worn out and I've awaken her. "Why are you calling me," she pauses "at six on a private number?"

"I went out and forgot my phone."

"You are unbelievable," she groans "what do you need me to pick you up?"

"No actually," I look up at Tamir "I had another panic attack...I'm going to go visit Liam and I don't know when I'll be back yet."

"Where are you staying?" She sounds more alert.

"Hotel." I grimace at the lie, that wasn't smooth.

"A hotel? Halcyon where are you?"

"I'm...in a bathroom stall." I shut my eyes.

"Are you..." I can hear her crawl out of bed, "..are you sober?"

"Yes." It comes out as a whisper, she brought up my ex addiction. "I'm completely sober."

"You can't be roaming around by yourself Halcyon, you know how risky it is for you. Let me pick you up, I promise I'll be there in less then fifteen minutes."

"No! Please," I sniff trying to hold back tears "I'm fine."

"Yeah no I'm coming to pick you up!"

"No wait!" I look up at Tamir.

"Are you in trouble?"

"No."

"Are you hurt?"

"Yes I-I fell," I admit. "I fell running. That's why I'm such a mess. I had to borrow someone's phone to call you as I'm trying to clean my grazed hands. I didn't mean to wake you." She's gone silent.

My heart beats in my throat and I feel the shivers come back and I'm burying my face in my chest. "Okay." She finally breaths. "I'll take care of the shop for now but you better not get yourself into any trouble.

"I think your six o'clock would be fairly disappointed if he found out you were dead in some ditch." I laugh despite the scenario, then my cheeks burn red.

"Thank you."

"Please be careful."

"You have nothing to worry about." I lie then hang up. I stare down at the phone and then it's taken form me.

"Get some sleep." He stands and I follow him with worried eyes.

"You're not even going to try convince me what I saw wasn't exactly that?" I'm sick of crying but at this point I can't help it.

"You saw what you saw," he moves to the door opposite the office door "we'll talk about it later."

"He begged you," my voice has gone stern "he was on his knees yet you still shot him!" He doesn't answer me. "You shot him willingly Tamir, that makes you a murderer!"

He opens the door. "I'll bring you something to eat later."

"Tamir," I stand "please. Don't leave me here." I sniff blinking tears out. "Take me with you, don't leave me here." His face goes cold and I'm met with the same heartless eyes that shot the poor man in the alleyway. He shuts the door.

"Tamir!" I reach for the handle and tug at it. "TAMIR!" My scream echos in the room, my voice breaks crying for him to come and get me. I don't do well in small spaces.

I can barely stay in my own office for hours on end, my room is an acceptable since my bestfriend is always there with me. She too knows how unsettling small spaces are for me and makes the effort to get me out as much as possible.

I start pacing going back and forth to keep myself awake. "You should have stayed home!" I whisper to myself. "If you stayed home none of this would have happened!"