Part 20

Like told I don't go out Thursday, I stay in working on the coffee bills and products that need ordering. I stay buried in my piles for a while until the doorbell rings and I'm rushing to it. This is my chance!

Since he didn't come yesterday, and our little incident the day before, this is my chance! This time around I was smart enough to wear a matching set consisting of a hoodie and jogger, and under I have a few layers.

Opening the door I'm faced with another towering man. "Kent?" I look behind him to see he's not alone. "Um come in.." I open the door wider watching the four men trod in behind him.

"Are you alone?" I hear Kent ask in front of the small crowd.

"Yes." I move to him. "Is there something wrong?"

"Not as long as you stay here." His eyes scan mine before they go behind me scanning my place. "Bosses orders."

"Well um make yourselves comfortable," I move to my kitchen and start setting up a cute food display for them, I set up five glasses on a tray and get a massive glass of lemonade, that was supposed to last me this week, on the table for them.

I also put out a few doughnuts options for them. "You can help yourselves if ever you get hungry or thirsty." I scan all the men letting them know they too are welcome and then I go back to my pile of documents.

I'm clicking some more on my tablet getting a few more orders intact. So Kent and a few of his company are here on Tamir's word? Does this have anything to do with the fact that he told me to stay home today?

I know better then to ask, it's enough that I already have five guys in my house, four of them being strangers. I glance over at Kent, he's still by the door, he's yet to move and he's already got his eyes on me. I take mine off him.

Does he even want to be here? Like in this mafia I mean? Is it even my place to ask? Maybe him and Tamir have quite the history, I know nothing. My phone rings mid thought stopping everything.

The guys stop their low mumbles putting their glass and doughnuts down, I drop clicking on my tablet. I start digging for my phone under the pile of documents and I find it, it's Kate. I scan the room. "Can I pick up?" I'm looking at Kent.

The last time my phone rang he pulled a gun on me, he nods and I do. "Hey!"

"I can't believe you're really ditching me! For dick too!"

"Didn't you tell me to get back on the market?" I can't help but smile at her tone.

"I don't like Timothy anymore."

"Tamir." I correct her.

"Whatever! He's taking up all your time and telling you to say home for a surprise you don't even know about...what was it anyways?"

"A necklace."

"A necklace?! A whole necklace?!" I hum my response and she continues. "So he's already claiming you with jewelry huh? What have you gotten yourself into?" She giggles on the other line.

"Where are you?"

"Well I was on my way to bless you with my presence but it sounds like you'll be busy tonight and I don't want to walk in on anything, so now I'm going home." She sighs and I listen to her walking.

"Maybe I should go see my sneaky link..." I smile at her comment "..I believe the both of us should have eventful night." I can't fight laughing, she chuckles on the other line. "Imma leave you to it, my bus is here."

"Get home safely." I wish her.

"Enjoy your dick appointment." I look up at Kent at her words. "Okay bye, love you!"

"Love you too." I hear her hang up and then get a text. Make me an auntie! I roll my eyes to the text and put my phone down.

My head is face down laying on my folded arms. I must have fallen asleep. Instead of getting up I snuggle deeper aiming for the soft drift I was just in, but hushed voices start to rise and I activate my ears to be on high alert.

"So why did boss pick her?" A voice asks. "She doesn't seem like his typical type."

"Haven't you heard? She witnessed Baklin's capture." Another reply's.

"No idiot." A smack rings in the air, another laughs. "He's obsessed because she saved his life."

"You didn't have to hit me!"

"Oh shut up!"

"Quiet!" The command hangs in the air, that...that was Kent. "You'll wake her. Boss is bound to show up anytime soon and if he hears you talk like that, you'll lose your tongue." I don't doubt that, neither do the guys since they shut up.

I start to pick my hair up sealing my eyes so I don't lose any sleep and then drop it to a side, I go back to using my arms as cushions. I've lost it. I can't bring myself to go back to sleep.

The back of my head tickles as the baby hair kisses my neck, I go to scratch it. It doesn't help, if anything I'm more awake then I was before hand. I pick at my wrist taking my hair tie off and throw it in a high ponytail.

I covered my silent yawn with my hand, I put my head back down shutting my eyes. Why are they still here? Doesn't Tamir have any use for his own men? Especially Kent?

I remember how I couldn't bring myself to sleep the first night Tamir took me in, I witnessed him kill and I tried to run but wasn't fast enough. Is that what he's doing right now? Killing? Murdering?

I don't believe I have to power to summon him but a knock comes at my door, I can't say who opens it but they greet the new arriver as "Boss." Tamir's here.