Part 31

I blink a few tears out looking the opposite direction of him. Show me your sick side Halcyon, then talk about dignity. I never knew he could make me sound like such a hypocrite.

"I'm taking you back to my place." I hear besides me.

"I forgot who I was talking to," my voice sounds so withdrawn so I try adding a little warmth, "forgive me."

"Let's not forget," he cups my face with one hand, "this was about you." My heart drops. "You managed to bring me back in time and experience this once more so, thank you." Oh, it's about the date!

"Of course," I give him a small smile, if I force one I'm afraid he'll be able to tell. I watch his eyes drop to my lips and I shut my own feeling the sort of his. With the kiss he tries erasing what ruined our night just now, filling it with a different sort of tension.

My jaw start to hurt as I lean into his lips more feeling him tug on my back pulling me closer. I sink a little more into his arms before he pulls away. "You need to get me out these shoes." I don't know why I found that so amusing but I laugh to it, a smile creeps on his face too.

"Come then," I stand I let hands out for him to take, his hands glide softly on mine and I go to haul him up. "You really are heavy-" an obnoxious honk cuts me off and a car I didn't even notice swerves away to avoid me as I'm getting tugged into Tamir's chest.

My breathing staggers as he holds my shoulders scanning me, the brown of his eyes are wide with concern picking out every detailing of me face then my body.

I turn to the the driver I clearly didn't see. "Are you okay?" I start skating to the car, someone moves in the drivers seat before the door opens to a heavy man.

"Watch where you're fucking going!" I'm taken back at his approach. "What the hell are you going in the middle of a road?! I could have run you over!"

"I'm sorry sir, I would have moved if I saw your-"

"So not only are you stupid but your blind!"

"Excuse me? I never meant-"

"Get in your car." Tamir's tone cuts me off and he rolls in front of me using himself to shield half my body.

"Let me guess, the boyfriend? Can you tell your little girlfriend over there," he motions to me, "to watch where she's fucking going?!"

"I know you're not deaf, so I'll tell you one last time, get your beer belly self back into your car and start fucking driving, or we," his arm goes to lift the side of his shirt but I don't see what he has tucked, whatever it is frightens the man half to death. "are going to have a serious problem."

I watch them hold strong eye contact before the heavy man shatters it. "You're bluffing."

"Am I?" Taking in Tamir's voice his eyes dart to me and I try holding strong eye contact too. If he believe Tamir to be bluffing he's going to get his brains blown out assuming it's a gun and I'll witness an other murder, I don't want that.

"Tamir come on," I tug his biceps a little. "It's not worth it."

"Fucking kids." The man finally gives up making his way back to his car mumbling and muttering under his breath. He gets in and drives off and we watch him go.

I'm not going to flatter myself, even if I did but in to say something he would have went through with it anyways, my word doesn't mean much to him. "Let just go." I start to roll off taking the lead, I turn back to him stuck, still watching the car. "Please Tamir."

He doesn't respond so I just start rolling off without him, he eventually follows.

What a turn of events. It started out so great, we were actually having fun and for a second I forgot who he really was and what he did. Then I brought up subjects that were better left, then just as we sort of made up this man shows up ruining it.

I don't say much in his car as we dive back to his mansion that is actually really grand, I'm mostly surprised he didn't blindfold me on the way there, even more surprised when he didn't blindfold me on the way to my room.

"Do as you please, just stay here." He walks me in and I turn to him.

"I'm sorry for messing up the night." I play with my fingers letting my eyes drop.

"Your apologies are starting to get fucking annoying." I frown at my feet at his response, what did I say do wrong this time? I don't even get to ask, the door shuts and I look up to him gone.

My eyes start to sting and I rub them trying to stop the tears. "He always does this!" I hush to myself moving to the bed. "So unpredictable!" He always know what to say to either make me upset or happy, I never know which one I'll get.

I can't let myself mope, I told myself I would try help him be better, I knew it wasn't going to be easy. Especially now that he knows what's up my sleeves.

I blink out tears taking deep therapeutic breaths, to help some more I take a quick shower then change into the pyjama sets they have here, which is mostly made of lace, then tuck myself in.

I play the videos back watching them and taking small snips of them out, anything I favour. At least in this frozen time frame, he's somewhat relaxed and seems to be enjoying himself.

This is the side of him that I want to save, the side that can care and smile without having a cruel meaning behind the innocent gesture. I also know this part of him will be so hard to dig up, especially with his other parts.