Part 15

He doesn't even go upstairs with us, he lets Kent lead me back upstairs into the V.I.P slot where all the unholy acts are happening. When I can't let myself rip my eyes off of the sight I'm tugged away by Kent's strong hand.

He leads me back to the edge where I was yesterday and I take the sight, the angry men are still there and they are waiting for the next two opponents to step into the ring. I know the next two opponents and I know one of them is a vicious man.

My water line is already acting up at the thought of it. Then Tamir steps out. He has a towel over his head then moves to take it off with his warped fist. I can't deny it. He's in a great shape.

He's whole body radiates with a strong aura of confidence and it's so captivating my heart completely stops when he glances up at me giving me a wink. You will watch me win. I blink down. Breath. I need to breath.

Ding ding ding! The match starts and I'm watching Tamir start with the first swing. The defensive dodges it and tries to get a hit but Tamir seems to be a little too fast using the mans punch as an open window getting in a hit.

They are both the same size yet Tamir still has the upper hand. Will the other fighter even dare to try beat him? Did he know what he was walking into? Or is he just stupid enough to get into a fight like this?

Three minutes and they are still into it. The defender is growing tired of Tamir's teasing and starts swinging more violently. I see their lips move so he must have said something to rail the defender up real bad.

Four minutes. People are staring to yell. "Kick his ass boss!" "Stop playing around!" "Someone do something!" "Get out if you're not serious!" Then Tamir gives the man a heavy blow to the jaw. I wince.

"Keep watching." A harsh voice reminds me and I force my eyes back open. I have to keep watching, I tell myself, just keep watching. The man takes another blow, then another to the rib, another on his other side of his jaw.

Tamir's opponent tries to defend himself but he's getting beaten down pretty quickly. Another strike into the jaw and he's down. Tamir takes his gloves off with his teeth then takes a quick look at me before going back to his match. He's making sure I'm watching.

He starts pounding mercilessly at the man, each punch goes straight to the head and the man down coughs out blood yet Tamir's still going. Still bashing his fist into the mans head. His warped hands that used to be white are now stained red.

There's a lump in my throat, the only reason why I'm not screaming for Tamir to stop. Get in his way and he will kill you for it. My vision blurs and my cheeks burn with hot tears. "Halcyon!" I turn at my name and try drying my face.

"Did you see that?" He's beaming with enthusiasm. I nod still at a loss of words, he just killed a man. This man standing in front of me with such and innocent face killed a man. "Why are you crying?"

"Because," I sniff dropping my eyes to let the last of my tears out. "Because I'm so proud of you." It's not a smooth lie and he's not buying a word of it but I force a smile. "Are you going to fight again?" I take his right hand.

It's coated with blood. "No."

"Let me help you take these off then." I lift his hand to see where the cloth is tightly tucked then start to take it off. "You always fight like that?"

"When it comes down to it." His tone has died down to a steady one then I feel his thumb on my cheek trying to clean them. "Stop crying so much."

You're the sole reason I've shed so much tears in the course of two days, you did this to me! "I'm sorry." I bit my lip moving to his other hand. When I'm done I play with the stained cloth in my hands.

"I'll be back," he tells me and I nod then he takes the cloth form me. "Get her to a bathroom so she can clean up."

"Yes sir." Someone behind me says and I watch his feet turn to walk away form me. "This way." Someone reaches out to me and I look up to see it's a new man, one from that night I saved the dying man.

For once I'm not blindfolded and I'm led right to the bathroom with no stops. I'm even led inside as they clear the whole bathroom for me, the both of the unidentifiable men stand at the door entrance, waiting for me.

I try not to think about the scene that I just witnessed, how powerful Tamir's blows were or how he-I can't stomach it and I'm rushing into a stall to empty my stomach. My throat burns with acid as everything I ate rushed up.

I watched him kill a man. Twice now! Right in front of me! And I didn't even flinch, I didn't do anything the second time! I just watched! He has my neck in his gasp and I'm letting him take control.

I flush letting the water go back to clear before I stand going to wash my mouth out. I splash the icy water on my face too waking me up a little then grab the hand towels close by. Now I have to go back to face that same murderer again.

I reach up to my chest to feel the necklace he gave me earlier-what?! I look up at my reflection. Where's the necklace?! My head turns back to the stall I was in and I rush to it. I'm chanting no over and over again.

I hear the door burst open but I'm already digging my hands deep into the toilet water. "Halcyon?" I shake my head to my name still chanting. "What happened?" I'm pulled by my shoulder and I'm on my feet.

"The necklace-" I bawl looking up at a worried Kent, his eyes goes to my chest where the necklace is supposed to be. "He's going to kill me!" He moves me out the way ripping his tux jacket off.