Part 52

Tamir's POV.

I did it again. I slept in with her.

I listen to the light of her breathing, feel the soft of her skin and want nothing more, this is a feeling I could get used to.

Her back is to me and I pull her closer and she shifts turning to me before going back into her slumber again.

I observe how peaceful she looks, her eyes flutter a little making me notice her naturally curled eyelashes up close. Her cheek is scratched from yesterday and she had a butterfly stitch left corner of her forehead.

She wasn't tremendously hurt, I don't know what I'd would do if she was, she's just a little shaken and scratched up. Although her hearing loss lasted longer then I expected, she can hear now, as if nothing happened.

I reach out to graze the soft of her skin letting my fingers travel down her neck, her collarbone, her shoulder.

I remember she was so frozen in shock she had no reaction. I killed before her eyes in rage and as I moved to her all she could do is blink at me, unresponsive. Her face was wet with her previous tears but all she could do was watch me.

For the first time, in a long time, I was terrified. Of myself.

My door opens and Kent stands close. "Sir, thirty minutes until your first meeting." My eyes shift back to Halcyon she moves slightly and let my hand drop to her hip, I listen to the door shut before shuffling out myself.

"Whe-" the rest of her sentence is buried in a mutter. I start to with my bottom half dressing my decent. "You're always leaving me." I shoot her a glance to see she has a tired eye open.

"I always come back," I throw my shirt on.

"Doesn't..make it right..." she mumbles and I watch her tuck her head. The same frustration I felt yesterday from leaving her washes over me. I can't bring myself to move.

She's right. I am always leaving her. I come back and expect her to forgive me, like she always does.

I sit slipping my shoes back on before the soft rustle of sheets sound behind me, her hands, small and delicate, run up my back before they hang over my shoulders. "I...I didn't mean it like that."

"You should move in." That's what I came here last night to talk about, I went completely off topic then forgot all together. "This place is safer for you then your apartment."

"But my work...I can't move here." Her arms warp around me pressing her chest to my back but I don't react keeping my fingers laced together.

"I never said you couldn't work, you'll just have someone to take you there and back. Mostly Kent."

"You're overthinking this, Tamir I'm fine. I don't need to move in with you-"

"Get your schedule to Kent, I'll make time to look over it so you can be accompanied."

"Tamir I don't need to be chauffeured-"

"Here," I bend interfering her sentence once more as I pick up her sweater, "breakfast will come to you." I toss it to her covering her chest, she grimaces.

"Eh-I didn't agree to anything." Hair falls in her face effortlessly, before I can give into my desire of getting back in bed with her I start to move.

"Anything you need can be moved here."

"You're not lis-wait a minute!" She talks to my back as I approach the door. "You can't just make the decision for me and leave! Tamir we're not done," I open the door, "don't you walk out that door-" I shut the door behind me.

She'll convince me. I know she will. She'll tell she's okay with going to work and we should see how things are going right now, she'll tell me I'm looking to much into the situation, and I'll believe her.

I don't care about her work, she could quit for all I care. I want her safe. No matter what she says, the more I let her roam free with my mafia symbol round her neck the more danger I put her in, this is better.

Once I'm clean and in business clothes I attend to the business I have to take care of. My meeting filled morning passes rapidly and I go to take care of any after jobs that need my attention.

I can already see it, her being mad at me because of the way I left and the hours I took to get back to her. I make it to her room inviting myself in.

So she took my advice? She sits with her laptop light flashing in her face, she's in a long sleeved top with shorts, her hair flowing free. She doesn't even look up at me, she must be mad.

Confirmation, she's more then mad. The second I sit down her body turns against me. She crosses her legs in the opposite direction moving her laptop to the arm rest exposing her back to me. "Sweetheart," I try but get nothing.

She types away completely ignoring me.

I take my tux off and lean back into my seat, how long is this going to go on? I turn my head towards her. Usually she would have been as happy as a puppy to see me, I'd be showed with kisses right now. Her silence...God that's deadly.

"My love," I reach out rubbing her back and she stands, she moves to put her laptop down before moving away from me. I watch her distance herself before disappearing into the bathroom putting a little too much force into closing it.

I lean forward, patiently waiting for her to finish before my eyes land on her laptop, she's sending emails. I start reading listening to her come out before seeing the shadow of her behind her laptop then is smacked down cutting my reading off mid sentence.

"Good night." She struts off.

"Halcyon come on," I stand following her to her bed.

"Got a morning shift tomorrow-wait," she chuckles to herself, "you could just check yourself, couldn't you?" She rips the sheets off it's corner. "Ask Kent."

"Seriously?"

"Goodnight." She starts to tuck herself in turning her back on me. I reach over her to tuck the rest of her in with the sheets. "I'll get hot." She kicks it off and my eyes roll. I give up leaving her alone and going back to the couch.