Part 12

A knock comes at the door and when it opens Kent walks in with a bag and a cup holder bearing two drinks. "Thanks," Tamir mutters as Kent leaves then he leans forward grabbing his drink.

"You're not a vegetarian are you?" He goes into the bag and I watch him put a fry in his mouth, what a jawline. "Halcyon there's only two people in this room and I'm not talking to a wall."

"No." I utter then raise my voice a little. "I-I'm not a vegetarian."

"Come." He nods me over knowing my eyes are stuck on him so he doesn't have to look over. I look down at my socks then hop off the bed and make my way to him, he starts by taking a burger out and then hands it to me as I sit besides him. "No allergies?"

"No." I bring the burger closer me and then fries are place in front of me then my drink. "Thank you." I bite into it then steal a glance at the chewing man.

"Don't watch me eat, that's weird."

"Sorry." I drop my gaze focusing on my burger and we eat silently. He obviously finishes before me but just goes back to resting his head onto the top of the couch but crosses his arms this time. After some time be finally opens his eyes looking up.

"Why were you there that night?" He asks. Finally I get some answers!

"I couldn't sleep so I went out and my feet took me to the city hospital, I was crying so hard a girl came and tried to see if I was okay, I told her I was then she was going in one direction so I took off in another.

"I was literally about to go home but I heard muffled noises and I wanted to help...but..you took care of that."

He scoffs and I can hear the annoyance I caused in his tone. "You're an idiot for even thinking you could help in a situation like that. Can't imagine how many people used your own foolishness against you."

Not once have I actually heard someone call me and idiot and foolish, hearing the words now is like a stab to the heart. It hurts. Like hell. I hold my breath trying to see through my glossy eyes.

I take it upon myself to stand and start distancing myself from him, for a second I let myself think he was good company, and in another split second he changed my mind. "It's not my fault I was raised with a tender heart." My voice breaks and it's so low I don't think he heard me.

"You don't have a tender heart," I look over at his words, he's watching me now. "You have a weak heart." I blink at him in pure disbelief.

"Why do you have to be so mean?" I sniff.

"Mean?" He laughs standing up and as a reflex I take a step back. "I might be ruthless, unfair, vile, foul," with each synonym he takes a stride forward and I'm backing up. The back of my legs reach my limit and I tumble down on the bed.

In my attempt to crawl away he grabs my ankle and pulls me to him making my skirt slide up as I slide down. I put a hand out trying to stop his towering body form leaning in any further as my other hand tries to pull my skirt down.

"If ever you are asked about me and you describe me as mean," he scrunches his face. "I might just slit that pretty throat from the disrespect."

"I-I'm sorry." I mumble underneath him. I shouldn't have said anything, now I just made him mad.

"You're pathetically annoying, you know that?" A fresh coat of tears fill my eyes and blurs my vision. He laughs at me and I blink hard to see him clearly again. "If you let me, here's what I'll do," he pauses "I'll make sure you're well taken care of.

"So stop crying so much," he reaches out to me and wipes the left side of my cheeks. I'm so confused to the switch of personality, what happened to the guy that was just insulting me? Where did he go? "Your eyes will swell up again."

"You just insulted me." I point out.

"You pissed me off." He tries to reason.

"I didn't mean to."

"I know." His eyes are heavy on me and I take in shaky breaths trying not to drown in his eyes. He watches me and for a second I imagine his head getting bigger in size like he's moving closer to me. Then when I feel his lips gaze against mine, I know I wasn't imagining it.

His eyes stick to my lips and I freeze. "Fuck.." he blinks down at me "..shit. What am I doing?" His words melt on my tongue and that's when I realize I've opened my mouth a little basically giving him access to my lips.

I pick my eyes up from his lips to his eyes. We gaze at each other. Nothing around us moves and I can't seem to push him away either, I'm stuck. My heart is at my throat and the bile that's supposed to be digesting my food is burning.

This position we're stuck in is making the wheels in my head spin, scenario's I would have never imagined rush in front of me like a slideshow.

"Boss." A voice comes at the door.

Tamir pulls away then takes my hands sitting me up. "You mentioned your brother used to box right?" I can just about bring myself to nod. "Then you'll love this. Put your shoes on." I'm moving to his words.

Now is the chance I have to distance myself from him and I'm taking it, I got to the bathroom where I left my black shoes and then put them on before moving back to him. I watch him throw his jacket on but he still has the tie in hand.

"Come here." He's going to blindfold me, my heart skins at the thought. How am I supposed to run if I don't know where I'm going? I stop in front of him and he straightens his tie out before lifting it to my eyes.

"Why do you have to blindfold me?"

"Because little rabbit," he does a knot behind my head "you're quite the runner." Putting a hand on my lower back, he leads me out.