Part 5

That Saturday, I'm taking out the garbage bags form the back as five forty-five starts to roll around. Saturday's and Sunday's are the only days we close at six. I'm making my way back in to see two figures standing by the entrance door.

"Tamir." I smile, his presence is no surprise. He came yesterday, Thursday, Wednesday and Tuesday. All at six, on the dot.

All he does is come in and order coffee then sits. He literally sits and goes on his phone for an hour at most before he leaves and does the same thing the next day. I can't begin to understand him.

"I saw the timetable," he steps in. "you close at six today?"

"That's right." I move to the counter walking around it. "I could always get you something, I don't mind." I'm already moving back around. "Please, sit."

They move to the counter as I prepare for them both a coffee and set it before them. The man Tamir brought is the same man that pulled a gun on me. His hair is slick back yet a side of his face is bruised melting into his dark skin. What do these men do?

"So you run this shop?" I look over at Tamir and nod to him.

"My mother was a big coffee lover and my father was love struck so," I look around at the place "this happened." The memory brings a smile to my face and I watch something in Tamir's eyes I notice.

"You do all this by yourself?" He picks up his cup.

"Not really," I start to pack things up "this shop is older then I am and my very first job was in here so." I'm careful placing the dishes I've already done back. "My brother used to help around but he was boxer and always training-"

"Halcyon Cho-Oh?" The door swings open and Kate is standing there with a confused expression plastered all over her face, she scans Tamir and company and then me. "What is it with you and brining sexy men in suits?" She's walking in.

"Afternoon gentleman." She smiles as her eyes linger for a second too long on both men, then she's moving to me and her face drops. "You're the worst you know that?!" She's behind the counter and I can feel my cheeks burn.

Her baby blue eyes stare down at me telling me I messed up in a different language. "You were supposed to-"

"I know." I cut her off. "But I can't throw customers out." I nod my head to the men still visible there trying to remind her. "Give us a second," I grab her wrist and drag her to the back. "Today's our eight year anniversary, yes I'm sorry, but you know better then anyone that it's just not in me to say no."

"You're such a softie! Just invite them if you don't want to kick them out."

"No."

"Ugh! You're impossible! Don't tell me we're gonna be here for our eight year anniversary! This is supposed to be our night!"

"You say that every night. Plus keep it down," I shush her, "they might be sexy men in suits but they're still customers." She rolls her eyes giving up with me. "In my defence they came before six," She glares at me. "I'm sorry." I try hiding my childish smile form her.

She storms out and I follow behind her. He's still here. My heart skips a beat when we lock eyes but I shift my gaze to Kate who's stealing a doughnut form the display. She walks away leaving me to clean up after her.

"Was there something I could help you with?" I look up at Tamir.

"Kent here wanted to say something to you,"

"I'm sorry about the other night," I immediately lift my eyes to Kate who's pacing while eating the doughnut "it was unacceptable what I did. It shouldn't have happened like that."

"No i-it's fine." It isn't but I don't want to talk about it with her not far. "Honestly please don't mention it." I look down at their empty cups and take it form them.

"Well that was what our visit was about, we knew you were closing up early so we didn't want to keep up waiting." Tamir follows my gaze to Kate who was smiling hard at me until he looks at her and her face drops into a serious manner nodding. "We should leave you to it."

I bet she was dying to hear those words. Tamir stands with Kent close behind him and I watch his back move further away form me. "Thank you for coming!" I call behind him and he turns back and give him a small nod before leaving.

"He's a regular is he not?" Kate closes the door behind them.

"He's becoming a regular."

"What does he do?"

"I'm not sure, business?" I guess.

"Explains his suit and tie-oh! Did he you see his watch though?! What business man has that much money? Ooo! Maybe he's in the mafia! You're familiar with the mafia right?"

"Shut up Kate," I roll my eyes taking my apron off.

"Do you think his friend is single," she pauses and snaps her fingers "Kent was it? I don't know!" I'm moving around closing blinds as she keeps talking. "Wouldn't that be so cute though? Bestfriends dating bestfriends?

"We ain't never been on double dates," I look up at her words and she gives me an apologetic smile "let me rephrase that. We ain't never been on double dates that work out for the both of us. But come on!"
She's still going.

"Are you completely oblivious to the way he looks at you? Some times I just want to smack your gullible self!" I shake my head out with a small smile.

"Come on," I open the door for us and she steps out"

"Think about it though, if he were to ask you out what would you say?"

"I just met him." I close the shop behind me.

"He's been going to your shop for what... a week now?"

"I'm not really interested in dating right now."

"God you're going to die surrounded by cats!" She sighs and I'm laughing so hard. She chuckles at me then takes my hand leading me away.