Part 63

It takes me three days because of the lack of information I have but I find it, on Google maps, I find the location.

Next on my list is find myself a gun, which is something I wouldn't do but at this point, what more do I have to lose?

In the city is a gun shop, where I can by just what I'm looking for which is the first gun I've ever held in my hands. A Glock 43, six bullets plus one in the compact. I get it.

I sit, a night alone, looking at the address I wrote down, the gun and my hands. The first day I met Tamir he was bleeding out into these hands, the first time I realized who he was he held a man at gun point, the first time I spent the whole day with him was at that loft.

I would never touch a gun willingly but when I pick it up in my hand, it feels so light and a part of my hand, I don't mind it.

For my break in, I decided on a black lace bodysuit with jeans, a belt, black timberlines and I add a blazer on top. To relieve me of the task, I put my hair in a high ponytail leaving the frame of my face hairs free.

An Uber isn't my best way there, but it's my only solution. It's not like I can ask Kate for a ride anyways. I ask to be dropped off two roads down so I walk the rest of the distance.

I can't let myself second guess this, or start to doubt so I can back out. This is the only way Tamir will see me so this is the only way I'll do it. If he sees me that is.

The back door is shut and has a keypad on its left waiting for a code of access, a code I didn't get to see, a code I didn't ask for. So, I take a step back and pull the gun from my waist line.

"Be very careful with it because once you fire it, the impact can smack you right in the face." Tamir's words run in my head as I bring the gun up to view. I use two bullets, mostly because the first one surprised me so much I shot again.

The shot was loud making me check my sides and step in before I'm detected. It's no surprise the door doesn't lock when I shut it behind me but it also doesn't swing back open so I can work with that.

Beep, beep, beep! A small monitor rings besides me and I shoot that silent too. Now he's definitely going to come.

I move in letting the light tap of my shoes ring in the air, I run my hand up a smooth wall coming to a bumpy stop the flick the lights on. The whole bottom floor becomes brighter as I keep moving to the couch.

I'll give it about an hour before he finally shows.

If he doesn't, I don't know what I'll do. If he send Kent here he'll instantly recognize me and then call him down, he has to see me one way or another. He can't avoid me forever.

Tucking my gun back behind me I reach out to the head of the couch, the fabric is soft but the frame itself is stiff, I turn to sit. I let each hand take in the sofa before leaning back and wait.

I look out into the kitchen and all I can see is the ghost of us cooking, me making brownies while he cooks Salmon for dinner. My eyes scan the cooker to see the time flashes. 11:23.

The I see me doing the dishes and him behind me forcing me on my tip toes just so I can take him from the back, then the counter, my legs locking his waist in. Then this very couch.

Everything mostly went down upstairs, the shower, the desk in that room, the bed, the chair that comes with the desk, the walls. Gosh you name it.

This man better have the best excuse in the world, a whole dissertation to exactly why he hasn't called, to why he's ignored me, to why he hasn't showed up at my apartment yet.

I hear a door swing open and lift my head to the time, it's almost twelve fifteen. Footsteps come my way, a huddle of them and then one by one, Tamir's men in suits hold me at gun point.

"This better be good-" The man in question finally steps in view. He stops mid sentence to blink at me, I don't think he's realized it but his jaw has dropped a little.

"Well," my eyes scan the flood of men surrounding me, "you can start by telling me why you've ignored all my calls." I go back to him, his eyes start at the top of me and scans down. "Hi,"

Kent stands besides him looking just as dumbfounded as he, the other men I recognize find it hard to believe it's me standing right in front of them. Tamir finally steps forth. "How'd you get here?"

"I used your back door." I tell him watching him take another step.

"You shot my back door? And the alarm system? You did that?"

"Yea I did that." I stand and start making my way to him. "Because you kept ignoring my damn calls," now all the depressed memories of me waiting for him in that hospital bed rushes to me, "what the hell was that huh?" I shove him.

"What kind of boyfriend are you? You leave all your girlfriends on hospital bed and ignore their calls?!"

"Put your guns down," I hear behind him, Kent I believe, "this is them...talking."

"I'm sorry my love," he smiles reaching out to me.

"Don't I'm sorry my love me!" I swat his hands away.

"Your bitch of a bestfriend wouldn't let me see you."

"Don't blame this on the bitch of my bestfriend! I could think of a million ways you could have indirectly reached out to me. But you didn't! You chose not to. Don't smile at me like that! I'm being serious."

"You just...God you look good." I let him touch me before I remember I'm mad. "You're going to make me turn into a mess in front of my men."

"I hate you."

"You have every right to sweetheart." He's still overjoyed to see me. I step out his grip being stubborn.

"Stop it! Like seriously, what the hell?"

"I can explain-"

"Well you better get to it cause I fucking waited for you!" Pain beats in time with my heart. "I waited for you and you never fucking showed up!" I shove him harder. He doesn't say anything. After all this time, he doesn't say anything.