Part 14

In a course of twenty four hours I've witnessed two murders, gotten kidnapped, verbally abused and am currently still stuck in my attackers house.

The first time I laid eyes on Tamir, I though he was a wealthy businessman that had gotten himself a little trouble. My initial thought was that Kent was a bad guy since he pulled a gun on me.

But his warning tonight changed my outcome. The way he tried to keep me clam and guided me to a path where I can't be temporarily hurt is enough. Even though Tamir has yet to pull a gun on me Kent seems to be the safer option.

The door clicks open and I go rigid. "She's been asleep for a while sir, she cried all the way here so it wasn't a surprise when she knocked out so easily." Kent's lie spew out. I didn't even cry all the way here, and I'm nowhere near asleep.

"You can leave." Three words that put me on edge, why is he asking Kent to leave?! The door shuts closed and the dead silence surrounds us. I'm terrified. I must have screamed for him to stop back at the match and that must have pissed him off.

His faint footsteps tap on the marble floor, they stop right in front of me and I imagine his body towering over mine. I don't dare move but I can't control my rapid heart that's bound to beat through my rib cage.

"To take advantage of a sleeping girl would make me a monster," his words are softly spoken making me wonder if he's talking to someone or himself. "But to kill an innocent girl, that would make me a demon."

The touch of his fingertips start on my forehead then run down to the back of my ear tucking hair out my face. "Halcyon," he calls my name and I shudder. I want nothing more than to get up and put as much distance between us as I can. But I can't.

His thumb runs across my cheek and then he pulls away, a second passes then something is pulled over me. It's warm and fluffy and I tuck under it for more comfort.

His feet start to distance themselves and I finally let myself breath. The door opens then shuts and I wait counting till 300 before opening my eyes. He's gone. The room is completely empty and dark. Kent was right, Tamir wouldn't do anything to me as long as I'm asleep.

I recall back to Tamir saying I'll have to stay here for a few days but I don't know how long a few days will last with him, will I even be allowed to go back home? Do I even have a chance?

What about Kate? I'm hoping she's just trying to do her own thing rather then trying to hunt me down, if she tries to figure out where I am and finds me here, she'll get dragged into this world. I can't do that to her.

As soon as I'm up I'm told to go take a shower by Kent and I see that there's already clothes ready for me. This time I'm wearing a strapless bra to work with the set I'm wearing, which is bodycon and black.

I find a hair tie and put my hair up in a high ponytail pulling out the two pieces of hair by my ears. I tried to take my time, or as long as I can, so I won't have to see Tamir but he doesn't even come.

He doesn't make an appearance for a while and I finally let myself relax. How far is he going to let me sink in his mess? That first night when I helped out with the bleeding man and then Kent showed up, was that when it all started?

And then he started to show up more frequently at my shop, is that when he decided to target me? But that doesn't make any sense, all the times I served him, he was nothing but kind.

So he has some good in him...why is he trying so hard to show me the big bad side of him? What is the bottom line here? Scaring me to death?

He literally locked me up in a luxury bedroom like say I'm Rapunzel or something, I just want to go back and work. The shop is the only family reminder I have left and I can't lose that too.

The door clicks open and I sit up, there he is. "Halcyon," he gives me something that looks like a warm smile.

"Tamir." I reply standing then pull my skirt down as I make my way over to him.

"I have something for you." He goes into his tux pocket then pulls out a small golden bag, I watch him pull the string apart and then he pours a necklace out. The pendant itself is...disturbing.

I can definitely tell it's pure gold but the imagine is stuck between a lion, a skull's head and a snake. "You'll wear it tonight." He unclips it. "It'll keep the bad men away." He puts it around my neck and I shiver form the gold touching my bare skin.

I look down examining it, I fear for my life so I give him a grateful. "It doesn't seem to be working," I half joke and he laughs, then my face is taken in his hands and I look up at him. "What's happening tonight?"

"We're going back." My face drops up at his words. "And," he continues with an upbeat tone, "I'll be in the ring tonight. And you're going to watch me win."

"You mean murder? Again?" I need him to laugh to let me know he's joking.

"If you shut your eyes tonight I'll make you kill him. Do I make myself clear Halcyon?" If you want to survive here, everything he says goes. I have to believe those words, I'm trying to but it's not hard.

His stone cold eyes tell me he's dead serious about me witnessing him commuting homicide right in front of my eyes. I hope he sees his reflection in my disappointed eyes. "I understand." I nod.

He smiles. A wicked grin I wish to never see again. He then let's go of my face and then takes his tie off.