Part 27

I call in sick for work surprising customers and my coworkers. I wish I knew what was up with me but I just don't feel too well.

The back of my throat is sore but I can't stop coughing and every time I do I feel as if I'm going to cough up my oesophagus. My energy is low making it hard for me to move, my temperature is high and I have no appetite.

"I'm coming over." Kate is convinced she can make me a remedy and I'll feel better in no time.

"You can't," I feel the back of my throat itch, "Kate I can't...you can't catch whatever I have." Truth is my Face is still bruised up and my eyes are puffy form crying about it, I can't let her see me like this.

"What?! Nonsense! I'm coming to make you feel better!" She hangs up not really giving me much choice. In fear that I don't know when she'll come I move at a slow pace to my bathroom and start dapping foundation on my face, light and carful.

Three powerful coughs escape me and I check my elbow sure I coughed up blood but there's nothing there. Once my coverage is done I move to open my windows, leaving them wide and letting fresh air in.

Before positioning myself on my couch, I unlock my door and place a box of masks near by with a please wear me! note on it. If she's going to come see me, the least she could do is follow that rule.

I lay on my couch convincing myself I'll just get some shut eye before Kate gets here.

"Halcyon darling!" A loud voice shifts me in and out of my sleepy daze. "Please wear me? What in the world?! Baby, it's not like you have a virus." She laughs to herself. "Ew! I don't even look cute!"

I let out a row of coughs, the last one really building up in my throat. "That doesn't sound good," her voice is close, I flutter my eyes open to see her standing over me. "When did you get this sick?"

"I don't know," I sigh. "I came home with a little cough...and then before I went to bed I took some Advil's, woke up and it was worse." I swallow and feel pain going down with my saliva. I groan turning over.

"Have no fear, I'm here to cure you!" She goes on. "I went shopping to get the ingredients so I'll get right to it! A special soup, hot and steamy just for you!"

"I'm not hungry." I mutter but she doesn't hear me.

"My mother used to make this for me, I used to get sick a lot, you remember those days! I still can't believe after all this time, you, Halcyon, with your perfect health is finally sick!" Pots and pans start to clash together. "I know I'm not much of a great cook but for you my dear, I'll do anything."

"It's no...it's no big deal." I feel the sleep tug me, something about her voice is like a lullaby putting me right back to sleep.

A hand on my shoulder shakes me and continues to until I turn opening my eyes. At first I'm struck by how dark it's become and the only light source is coming form the moonlight, then I'm struck by the realization of who woke me up.

"Tamir?" I rub sleep from my eyes, my voice has grown worse now breaking at every chance and raspy.

"You've probably been out for a long time now," he speaks over me, "you shouldn't sleep for so long especially when sick." My eyes are to heavy to look up at him for so long. "You should go take a shower, a cold one, you're burning up." My eyes shut to the lullaby of his voice too. "Halcyon!"

"Yes!" I jerk awake.

"Go shower," the cover is taken off me and I feel the breeze up my legs. "You've been sleeping in this cocoon of yours trying to keep warm when all you had to do is shut the windows." I'm pulled up by the waist and I stumble into Tamir.

"Woah," I put my hand out on his chest. "I didn't see you there..." my words blur together. We're turning and the lower back of mine is pushed slightly forward helping me put one step in front of another.

"I won't repeat myself." The bathroom door opens for me and he steps in before me, I catch a clear image of him, he's still wearing his tux as if he just got here and...no mask. What was my sign for then?! My eyes dart to my shower as soon as water is pouring out of it.

He leaves and I watch him go before doing as told. At least the cold shower wakes me up some more making me more aware. I step out feeling the change of tiles to carpet and start to make my way to my room.

My eyes catch Tamir's back in my kitchen, his back muscles stretch against his white business shirt, I scan around for where he dropped his tux top while moving closer to me room. I don't know what he's doing but I can see a pot on my stove and he's going through my cupboards.

I move faster before he catches me in my towel then shut the door behind me. I start coughing once more, letting the worse of the worse come out so I don't have to cough in front of him, I don't even know why I'm so worried about it.

For the most part, I did my night routine and creamed myself all I have to do is change. I get into a lettuce cut set, beige with mini blue brunnera flowers spaced out.

"Just walk out," I whisper to myself, "it's no big deal, just walk out." I reach out for the handle. It's easy right, it's not like he's never seen me in short clothing. Right?!

I pull my hand back in massaging my finger tips together, I don't get why I'm getting so worked up.