Part 66

Just because I'm not going back to work doesn't mean I shouldn't keep myself up with all the paper work that comes with running a shop. Although I am a little picky about going back just yet, I still miss my regulars.

A knock comes at the door and I practically jump to my feet and rush to the door to open it. "Hey," I smile at Tamir outside my door. His suit is open and has one hand behind his back.

"Hello my-" the impact of me throwing myself at him cuts him off, his arms secures around me hugging me back as I bury my face in the nook of his neck. "Love." His finishes and my feet lift of the ground.

My eyes open to the sound of the door closing and I pull away to cup both my hands on his face, my sleeves half way up my palms, and take his lips without a second thought.

The softness of them makes me reminisce feeling them before slumbering into a sleep or waking up to them like I used to when I lived with him.

I'm lifted higher making hair fall in my face, a smile cracks on my lips. "God I've missed you," he lets out and I peck him three times before letting myself slip feeling my apartment floor once more. "Here." From behind me he reveals the hand he had before his back.

My jaw drops before it forms into a wide grin. "Awwwww," I drag the word. It's a single red rose. "For me?"

"I'm not seeing anyone else." I look up at his words bring the rose under my nose.

"Thank you," I baby it. "I've never been given a rose in time." I turn to make my way back to my couch.

"You've never been given flowers?" He follows me.

"I've been given flowers," I sit down and lift my head to watch him take his tux off, "you think that I bought all those vases filled with flowers in my shop. I've just never been given a single rose." Except from him.

"Glad to be the first." Both his phone and gun are placed on my coffee table. He leans back pushing his hips up to get comfortable. "Do did you guys talk?"

"Yeah...we're sorting things out." I recall my conversation with Kate.

"Does that mean you'll stay here?"

"No," I craw over to him, getting on to straddle his lap, "I mean, unless you want me to."

"I don't want you here, I want you back with me."

"Okay," I nod resting my hand on his chest. "How was the day in a life of a mafia leader?"

"I am exhausted," he admits.

"You look it too," I go to loosen his tie and un do the first two buttons, I smile at the feeling of his hand run up my outer thighs. "You should probably sleep, or at least take a nap."

"Can't,"

"Why not?"

"I have a million things to do, plus I came to see you, I can't just knock out."

"Of course you can." I shrug and he leans in resting his forehead on my chest.

"Are you working again?" He says into my chest changing subjects.

"Not right now, I mean I was just doing some paperwork but I haven't went back to work work yet."

"Mm-hm," his sleepy tone is so soothing, I run my hand massaging the back of his hair to relax him a little more. His shoulder drop as he brings me closer to him.

"I want to go back of course, but I just want to make sure that I'm okay...and that we're okay...and that Kate and I are okay."

"We're okay...I mean, we have a lot to talk about but...we are okay, right?"

"Yes." I believe we are. "Yeah we are." He drags air in to let our out heavily letting our silence lengthen. I keep my hands in his hair, tangling them.

"I have a...a family thing next Tuesday, come with me." I can't tell if he's asking or telling me to.

"And see your sister..." he picks his head up looking up at me with doe eyes, "she will be there right? It is a family thing." I know for a fact that woman has a personal vendetta against me.

"I get that, but I had to do the test on her boyfriend at the time. He did try kill me but now we're even."

"Are you suggesting I stab your sister?"

"You couldn't,"

"Er-" my mouth parts a little as my eyebrows rise.

"I did not mean it like that," he sits up, "of course you could take her on!"

"Don't lie to me!"

"Okay," he chuckles. "What I meant is, you're not that type of person, the type that chooses violence. So genuinely I wouldn't think you would even try that. I'm all for it, if that what you want."

"You would help me stab your sister?" I question.

"Yeah," he doesn't miss a beat.

"Wow," I blink at him, torn between shock and confusion.

"Sweetheart, it'll be like a scratch to her,"

"I'm not stabbing your sister." He chuckles as a response, I watch his tired eyes find mine once again. "This is why..." he lets his words whisper out not finishing.

"You were going to say something cheesy."

"I was," he cringes.

"Ewww," I tease.

"Oh shut up," his eyes dart away from me, I deluge him in kisses before I pull away with him smiling. "Spend another day with me," I'm nodding before he can even finish. I'd do a thing to spend another day with him. "No interference, just me, you, and a whole lot of sex."

He leans into my neck planting one sole steady kiss. "Mm-hm." I nod to him kissing lower.

"Let's start here." He builds fabric up from the bottom of my sweater before pulling it over my head. His hands runs up my stomach and I miss a breath. "You're eyes," he kissed my left eyelid, "you're been crying."

I don't respond letting his kisses consume me. God have I missed him.