Part 8

I push my legs further as my arms are flapping wildly as I try build more momentum. I need to run faster! Pick up the pace! I'm trying, I really am but I have nowhere to go. I'm running into nowhere.

I look back feeling the wind hit my face, they're still there. Three suited men are still behind me and are visibly catching up to me. Don't cry don't cry don't cry. I glance over at the empty street. Where is everyone?!

I can't keep this up much longer, my legs burn and the air I suck in isn't reaching my lungs. I need to cross the road, I need to do something to lose them.

Bang!

It rings in the air and I trip over my own two feet scrapping the skin of my palms but I don't stress over that, I'm quick to cover my ears with my bleeding hands. "Huh-huh-huh." I take in three violent breaths of air.

I'm pulled to my feet but I still keep my eyes shut. He's going to kill me. This is really how I'm going to die? By a gun? I don't want to believe it, I can't. Was Tamir really the reason behind the murder I just witnessed?

I can't even bring myself to stand and I can feel hot tears pour out my eyes even if they're sealed shut. I'm going to die. Shot like an animal that needed to be contained. I'm going to die and they well be no one left in the Chong family.

I start to try struggling my way out but that doesn't last long, my face is grabbed forcefully and I feel as their thumb digs deep into my tissue and their four other fingers do the same to the other side of my face.

"Open your eyes." His voice doesn't sound so mesmerizing now that he's about to kill me. I wince as his grip tightens. "Look at me Halcyon!" My eyes spring open. There he is in the flesh. Oh God.

"Listen to me," his tone is lifeless going against how he normally talks to me, "you are going to get into the car and not try running away. Do you hear me?" I'm nodding to fast. "If you run Halcyon, I'll paralyzed you with a bullet."

I'll take your word for it. I want to reply but I have no words. I nod once again and he lets my face go, my head hangs as the tears I built up blink out. I try standing without the support of the men dragging me up but fail miserably.

"Look at me." I lift my head at the order and he leans in forward making me jerk back. He stops and we watch each other's expression, I can't read his but I imagine the fear he's reading on mine. He tries again and a silk fabric is presented before me.

He blindfolds me before I'm moving and then my head gets ducked like I'm getting arrested. I don't even think about the whole situation, what's on my mind is Kate's safety and it makes me soak the blindfold.

I'm stuck in the middle of two bodies not giving my much choice but to stay still, I should have just went home, after the girl tried to make sure I was alright I should have went home! My hands start to sting and I ball them up in fists to stop them from shaking.

The car stops and all I hear are all fours doors shut, am I alone now? I try listening in but I don't catch much. "Woah!" My arm is grabbing and I'm staggering out, we set off walking with my guid holding my upper arm.

Are they going to kill me in the comfort of their own home? How much of a monster is Tamir?

I'm seated and the silk around my eyes fall, I don't open my eyes though. I don't think I can bring myself to. I don't even know how long it took me to get here, I just know I cried all the way here. I hear footsteps and someone is dragging a chair close to me before something is dropped.

Cold hands brush the back of my palm and as much as I try not to I shudder to the touch, I do yet they don't let go. They take my hand laying it out on their own and then in ball my fists. "Halcyon," tears flow back at the sound of my name.

"I promise, i-it wasn't in-intentional," I sniff "I-I didn't mean to see what I saw."

"I never knew you were so damn fast." He chuckles to himself still holding a hand of mine. "You're quite the rabbit." Something cold is dabbed on my hand making me wince. I open my eyes, finally.

Like the first time I saw him he's in a suit but he's took off his top half leaving him in a white shirt, his shoulders are broad and I watch how his biceps threaten to tear his shirt. His left hand is under my hand for support as his right is wiping it down.

I look down at the hand he's nursing to see that all the skin from the bottom my plan has been scratched away, my other hand still has visible concrete balls still stuck in them and I just close them again.

"It isn't that bad." he presses down on my hand to clean it better, my jaw drops as my fingers tense. "Give it a few weeks and you should be as good as new." He moves to put down the red cleaning wipe down and then grabs an other packet.

He brings the packet to his mouth then tears it open with his teeth, I watch him spit the plastic out then he puts my hand down on his knee to take the huge plaster out. He tears it in two taking off the non sticky part and then places it on my wound.

"Ah!" I shut myself up, his eyes look up at me and I freeze under the influence.

"Your other hand." He nods and I turn myself slight so he has a better angle.