Part 6

We get into the back of a taxi and she tells the driver the address and by the postcode I know we're going deep into the city. "Where're we going?" I look over at her but she's just smiling. "Seriously."

"We're going rollerskating!" She finally gives in.

"I can barely skate." I whine and she's shaking her head.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you,"

"No my bad, I'm sure it'll be fun." I grab her hand. "Thank you." She's smiling again and when the cab stops we get our and enter the hall pumping with music and moving bodies.

Good thing I decided on a crop short sleeve top and regular jeans, it's already getting hot in here. I take my hair out it's working bun letting my hair fall past my shoulders stopping just below my waist. My mother never was a fan of me cutting my hair.

Matter of fact, I tried to die it once and my hair got so damaged I had no choice but to cut it. Now I let it grow out, in remembrance of her.

When we settle our things down we put the rollers skates one, Kate is pulling me to the slippery floor and I chuckle following close behind her. This isn't my first time sliding this smoothly but I'm definitely not used to it.

I'm clutching onto her hand as she leads wizzing in and out of people. "We should get out more!" She tells me over the music and I smile to her.

"Who's idea was it to start a seventeen season show again?!" She laughs at my comment then turns to face me, she lets go of me moving her hips to the music and I take it upon myself to keep up with this life ball.

The lights start to dim around us and then flashing colours start to flood the room, the music is turned up. "Race me!" Katy grabs my hand again and I look over at her.

"On three?"

"One," her smile is wide.

"Two," I mirror her and then she lets go speeding off with me behind her. She's going through people letting her curly yellow hair fly behind her. I flip my own hair out my face trying to keep up with her.

Everything else is a blur as I focus on trying to catch up yet something in the moving crowd catches my attention. Two figures standing around at the two colours I can only imagine Tamir wearing blur together. White and black.

It's my fault when I meet the heftiest wall face first taking me right down. My ass kisses the ground and I bounce twice before stopping. "Are you okay?" A teenaged voice asks and I'm looking up at a young redheaded boy.

"Are you alright?" I ask looking up.

"Yes." He nods and holds a hand out, I take it and I'm instantly lifted.

"Thank you," I smile. "Are you sure you're okay? I bumped into you so I'm sorry for that."

"I'm fin-"

"Watch where you're going kid!" Kate almost shoves him but he just glides back. Her eyes scan me troubled. "Are you okay?" I nod and she's looking back probably to shoot the kid a glare since he's already rolling away.

"Take was my fault you know?" She's taking my hand and we're rolling away, in a slower pace this time.

"I saw." She stops scanning me then sighs. "Let's get some food." I'm nodding and we start moving to the exist. For a split second as she's guiding me once again I look back into the crowd. Why did I think Tamir was here?

Don't tell me I'm obsessing over him! That won't be good news for either of us. Why would my subconscious do that to me? He's merely a customer and he's allowed to go places, not saying he's here. I look around again just to make sure.

We start to roll on the carpet and then come to a stop in front of our bench. "Maybe you need more practice then I attend." She sits and I'm right beside her as we start taking out skates off.

"I told you." I unite my right skate and out my sneakers back on.

"Let's go again," she suggests. "tomorrow after work. We don't have busy roads on Sunday so we can practice on the street."

"Don't you have work to do?"

"Ugh! Yes..." she pauses for a second. "My mood broad can wait a few hours." Unlike me, Kate decided to go to university, I just entered college and then took over my father's shop. The shop is all the experience I know.

"Where do you want to eat?" I throw my side bag over my head and then pick my roller skates up.

"I don't know." She reply's as we're moving to go return our skates. The night is ever lasting and when it ends I can't help but feel a painful pang in my chest watching Kate leave. "Don't forget our date!" I smile in return.

She's always been my safe space. I don't remember a moment where she wasn't there for me, I don't think I would have gotten this far if it wasn't for her.

I try to sleep that night but nothing's working for me. I toss and turn playing unwanted memories in my head. I'm left staring up at my ceiling with a heavy chest. At times like this I would usually call my mother but I filled her voicemail up.

I'm turning over to grab my phone, it's two in the morning and I have to work tomorrow, at least I'm not opening. I go into my contacts and call my brother pressing the phone next to my ear.

"It's Liam! I'm probably really busy right now, leave a message at the beep, whoever that it! Text me!" The beep comes and my eyes shut at the end of his sentence.

"Hey..." I let out a heavy sigh. "It's me again."