Chapter 1: Laying Out Our Feelings

The crowd cheered as Ash and Serena continued to hold up the Kalos League trophy. It still felt so surreal to both of them. Ash had finally won a majorly important league, and Serena was finally with the boy she loves with all her heart. Eventually though, Ash and Serena lowered the trophy and Serena let Ash hold it.

Ash couldn't help but continue to stare at the trophy, still in disbelief that it was his. A lot of thoughts ran through his mind. All his past journeys, his old friends, all his battles, and all his Pokemon. And of course, the one person who gave him the strength to win. He looked over to her, and saw her hugging Delphox, like she was congratulating her on her new relationship with Greninja, who was still a blushing mess. Pikachu wasn't faring much better, as Sylveon continued to cling to him. Ash chuckled from seeing this, he was so happy for everyone.

However, something felt different for Ash, something that made him take a serious look at himself. All his life he imagined that he would be able to become a Pokemon Master through his own hard work. But now that he was, he realized that that wasn't the case. Sure he believed his Pokemon would help him, but nothing beyond that. It was because of her. She made all this possible. Ash knew he had to think of a way to thank her for all that she had done for him.

***

It was night time and the Kalos gang was fast asleep, or almost all of them. Ash sat near a pond that was outside the hotel they were staying at. They were planning on going to Serena's house in the morning, and spend the next day there before Ash and Pikachu would return to Kanto. But for some reason, Ash didn't want to go back, part of him wanted to stay here a little bit longer. But given his impulsiveness for new adventures, he did want to explore more outside of Kalos. He also wanted Serena with him, but knew that her dream was to become the Kalos Queen, and that Palarmo woman offered to train her, to which Ash figured she'd say yes to. Either way, Ash was stuck.

"Ash?"

Ash turned around, and saw Serena in her nightwear looking at him with what he assumed was confusion and worry.

"Oh hey Serena, what's up? Can't sleep?"

Serena was a little hesitant to answer. Ash seemed to pick up on this. He patted the spot next to him, signaling for Serena to sit next to him. Serena smiled and sat down next to him. The two sat in silence, both thinking about what they wanted to say.

"Hey Serena--" "Ash I--"

Both of them started to talk but immediately cut the other off.

"Oh, sorry about that" Ash chuckled.

"Its alright" Serena said, silently giggling.

"You can go first Ash" Serena offered.

"Nah, you go first Serena."

Serena paused for a moment before speaking.

"Its just, I saw that you weren't in bed so I got worried and went to find you."

Ash felt a little guilty.

"I'm sorry Serena. I just wanted to come out here to think."

"About what? Maybe I can help" Serena offered.

Ash smiled, he could always count on Serena offering her help.

"Well, since the Kalos League is over, I was planning on going back to Kanto soon."

Serena felt really sad hearing this, almost to the point of crying. All her life she wanted to be with Ash, but now its possible he might actually leave, just after they finally got together. Serena lowered her head so her eyes weren't visible. She dreaded the thought of hearing Ash saying that he'll leave Kalos and possibly her behind.