Chapter 73: Galar League Tournament - Part II

Hello! I'm here with part II now! This will be the match between Serena and Bede, which I'm sure a lot of you have been waiting for. Well wait no longer, cause it's finally here! Now then, enjoy the chapter!

"And the winner of this match goes to the challenger Bede!" The referee declared.

Serena fell to her knees as she recalled her Pokémon. She was in utter shock at what just happened.

"I...I lost...no..." she said with tears.

"Why are you surprised? I told you that you were weak. You never stood a chance against me to begin with. Guess you'll have to go cry back to Alola and your waste of space of a champion. But don't worry, I'll give you my autograph when I win and become champion. Goodbye, little miss princess" Bede said as he walked away.

Serena's eyes shot open. Her body jerked up as she gasped. She was breathing heavily, sweat coming down her face. She looked around, finally noticing that she was still in the hotel room, darkness still filled the outside. She let out a long sigh.

"Just a dream..." she whispered to herself.

She quietly got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. She silently closed the door behind her. She went up to the sink and grabbed a small paper cup. She turned on the faucet and filled the cup with water. She took a sip and sighed again. She looked into the mirror, staring at her reflection. She grew sad.

"Can I really win against him?" She asked to nobody. She let out a grunt as her expression changed. She formed fists of determination. "No...I'm not gonna let doubt creep up on me now...! I will beat him, and wipe that stupid smirk of his ugly ass face!"

She exited the bathroom and climbed back into bed next to Ash. She suddenly felt Ash's arm wrap around her, pulling her closer to him. Serena blushed but smiled happily as she closed her eyes.

'As long as you're here...I'll be just fine. I won't let you down Ash! I promise.'

Sleep finally consumed her again.

The sun made its way into the sky as everyone got ready. After getting breakfast they headed to the stadium. As they walked Ash could tell Serena was still a little nervous.

"Don't worry Serena, you'll do great" he said.

Serena sighed. "You say that, but..."

Ash put his arm over her shoulder, surprising her and making her blush.

"I'm not just saying it, I know it. You've come this far in your first league, and you've done it better than my first league. That means that you will do great" Ash said.

Serena stared at him in awe. She then formed a smile and nodded.

Once inside they all split up. Both Delphox and Sylveon stayed with Serena this time. Ash and the others went up into the stands.

Serena entered the locker room and saw Marnie with Morpeko in her arms.

"Hey Marnie" Serena said.

"Hey Serena, good morning" Marnie said.

"Are you nervous?" Serena asked.

"Not really, I'm more excited than anything" she said.

Serena was a little surprised to hear that. This was most likely Marnie's first league too, yet she hasn't shown any nervousness yet. Serena looked down in sadness. Marnie noticed this.

"What's wrong Serena?" She asked with genuine concern.

"It's just...I keep worrying that I'll let Ash and everyone else down...and everyone will see that Bede was right about me after all..." Serena said.