Chapter 29: Acceptance

Hello again everyone! I'm so sorry for the lack of chapters, I've been working on the plot of the next major arc as well as working on the job where I actually get money. This chapter will mainly be comfort themed with a little drama, but will also set up the next major arc. So for now that's all I've got, enjoy the chapter!

It's been a few days since Serena and Delphox performed their first bond phenomenon transformation. Ever since then, the two have been getting even closer. They joined Ash and Greninja in their Aura meditation sessions to further their own progress.

The sun was already up over Alola as the Kukui household was well and up already. Kukui had to go to the Pokemon School and Burnet had to go to Akala Island to visit one of her labs. Ash was outside training with his Pokemon. Serena was currently inside the house, her telling Ash she wanted to research something she had been interested in. Ash offered to help her but she declined, much to his surprise and confusion.

Serena was currently in the living room sitting on the couch with a medium sized book in her arms. As she stared at the book she couldn't help but giggle and blush at what she was looking at.

She was currently looking at the marked 'Baby Ash' section of the book. She just kept giggling with each passing second.

'Hehehe...he's sooooo cuuuutttteee!'

She flipped to the next page and saw pictures of him sleeping soundly and dressed in adorable outfits. She grew hearts in her eyes and mouth as she laughed in bliss.

As she kept scanning the pictures, Delphox walked in and saw her in her goofy state.

'What's got you all giddy?' She asked.

Serena looked up and ushered her to sit next to her. Delphox sat down and looked at what Serena had been. She instantly grew hearts at the pure cuteness that was Baby Ash.

'He's so cute!!' Delphox squealed.

'I know right?!' Serena answered.

'I wish I could've seen Greninja when he first hatched, I bet he was so cute too.' Delphox said with a sigh.

'For sure' Serena said.

The two continued to scan through the book, pointing out how cute Ash looked in some. Eventually they reached the end, which was a picture of him right before he first left for Kalos. Serena sat the book down.

'Even after everything he still has that same smile on his face' Serena said.

'He's always been so determined from what I've seen, even after all he's been through.'

Serena nodded. 'He never gave up, he always persevered no matter what he faced.'

Delphox placed a paw on Serena's hand, causing the latter to look at her.

'You helped him with that remember? You're the reason he never gave up, you're the reason he is where he is now.'

Serena stared at her partner with awe. She blushed and smiled, and just nodded her head. The two sat in silence. Suddenly Serena got up.

'Where are you going?'

'I saw something behind Burnet's bookshelf in their bedroom that I want to check out.'

Serena went into the bedroom to get the book. Meanwhile outside, Ash had been training when he suddenly got a chill.

'What's wrong Ash?' Greninja asked.

'I don't know, I just suddenly got a weird chill down my back.'

The two continued to train with the others. Serena eventually returned with the item and she sat back down next to Delphox on the couch. The two looked at it together. There was a picture of two people with hearts around them with the title 'How to Strengthen the Love you share with your Partner'