Chapter 20: A Day at the Pokemon School

Hello all! I'm here with a brand new chapter. I decided I wanted to do one more filler-type chapter before starting the next Island Challenge arc. This is mainly because I want to have the characters not do too much and to get to know more of them. Plus I want to set up another future plot point too. So enjoy I guess!

The sun rose up over Alola. There were some clouds in the sky that gave off a hint of potential weather. The occupants of the Kukui household slowly got up one by one. By the time Ash and Serena got up, Kukui was already dressed, well, as dressed as he can get, and Burnet had started making breakfast. As the surrogate family started to set up the table, Pikachu and Sylveon entered into the living room and laid on the couch. Pikachu used his tail to turn on the TV. He let Sylveon pick a channel. As she was flipping through, the humans decided to eat breakfast with them. Eventually breakfast was done and everyone, minus Greninja and Delphox who might still be sleeping, sat on the couch and dug in.

"Nothing starts a good day in Alola better than Burnet's cooking" Ash said.

"For sure, I always look forward to it" Serena said in agreement.

Burnet was a little surprised, but grew a wide smile. "Aww, you two are very sweet!"

Kukui chuckled. "They're not wrong honey, your food is top tier."

Burnet was getting a little flustered at all the praise, but was happy nonetheless. As they were eating a news report suddenly came up.

"In other news, Kalos Region Champion Diantha is scheduled to visit Alola for a movie shoot, so mark your calendars for September 15th now!"

Serena grew excited upon hearing that.

"Diantha's coming here?! Ash, we should go try to visit her, we still need to thank her for her gift too."

Serena didn't hear Ash respond, so she turned her head towards him. He looked deep in thought, and she could vaguely hear him mumbling. 

"The 15th...so its almost here..."

"Um, Ash?"

This snapped Ash out of it. He looked back at Serena with a smile.

"Sorry about that Serena. And yeah, we should definitely go!"

Serena was supposed to be excited by this, but instead was a little worried. Kukui decided to chime in.

"Well its September 1st today, so that should give you enough time to complete your trials on Akala Island Ash."

Ash nodded. "Yeah, and I'm gonna win them all!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said with equal determination.

"And I'll cheer you on the whole way" Serena said.

Ash smiled and nodded. "Thanks Serena, I'll win for sure with you there."

Serena blushed but returned his smile with her own.

Kukui and Burnet watched with smiles on their faces. Kukui suddenly got an idea.

"Say you two, how about you come to the Pokemon School today?"

Ash and Serena turned to him with surprise. Burnet was a little surprised but liked the idea.

"It would be a good learning experience, you should do it" Burnet said.

Ash and Serena looked at each other. I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out. After some thought, they turned to Kukui and nodded yes. Burnet packed Ash and Serena lunch as Kukui was getting ready to leave. Rotom was flying around in excitement.

"This will be a great chance to gather even more data-roto!"

"I'm sure it will Rotom" Kukui said.

Ash went to get his backpack, and found Rowlet asleep in it. He decided to let him be for now. Noises suddenly erupted. Delphox and Greninja made their way down and joined the others. Greninja was still a little sleepy, but Delphox was more awake but couldn't look Serena in the eye. Serena understood why. She assured her over and over again that she was not mad at all. After finding out what happened on their date, Ash and Serena were not mad in the slightest. Serena walked up to Delphox and gave her a hug.