Chapter 64: Galar League - Grass Badge

Hello everyone! Happy 2023! I'm so very sorry that I took so long to get a chapter out. I injured one of my fingers and it was unfortunately one of my main writing fingers. But it's doing a lot better now and I can finally resume writing. I'll just say this now. This story will end this year, not sure when, but I'm aiming for Late June/Early July at the latest. And there's a reason for that. If I finish before my desired deadline, I'm going to submit this story to the 2023 Wattys. It's a longshot, but I want to see if I've got what it takes to do good in a competition (I'll spare you the depressing history). That also means that after the Galar arc is over, the story will be too (not abruptly of course). So that means Ash and Serena will not go to Paldea after Galar. I'm still working on the roadmap for the events of Galar, but it's mostly finished. I think I've said that Galar will be shorter than Alola, which is still true. I'll also tell you that chapters 64-71 will be Serena getting the badges, after that, well, I shouldn't spoil anything that far ahead (probably spoiled too much already). Well I'll shut up now, so enjoy the chapter!

The group was walking along Route 3, en route to Turffield and the site of Serena's first Gym Badge. As they walked, they of course took in the sights.

"Woah, check that out" Ash said.

"Yeah, the view is so pretty" Serena said.

"I bet it would look so pretty at night" Delphox added, imagining her and Greninja watching the sunset as she leaned on his shoulder.

Greninja had a pretty good idea what she was thinking, causing him to sweatdrop and blush.

"That's something me and Ash learned on our journey, to just enjoy the little things" Pikachu said.

"Good takeaway" Sylveon said.

They kept making small talk until they came up to a cave.

"What do you think lies in there?" Serena asked.

"That Serena, contains the Galar Mine-roto" Rotom said.

"Galar Mine?" Ash said.

"The Galar Mine features various Minning equipment and is used to extract material by the Macro Cosmos company" Rotom explained with a screen showing information.

"Interesting" Serena said.

"So will we still reach Turffield if we go through it?" Ash asked.

"Correct, there is already a laid out path-roto" Rotom answered.

"Well then let's go" Ash said.

The group entered the mine. It was well lit and had wild Pokemon roaming around. Rotom of course took pictures. They were just about to reach the exit when they saw the same arrogant boy that was at Motostoke. He turned around when he heard them walk up.

"Well, this is rather unexpected. So I guess you are going to take on the league little miss princess" he said with a smirk.

This immediately annoyed them.

"Its Serena first of all. And I am taking on the league. I want to see if I have what it takes to be a performer and a battler" she said.

"Performer? What does that entail? Trying to look pretty and turning guys' heads?" He asked.

"You have no idea who you're messing with buddy" Ash said angrily.

Bede looked at Ash and scuffed. "And who are you? Her little cheerleader?"

"I'm more than that. And if you know what's good for you, you'll leave now" Ash said with a scowl.

"Is that a threat?" Bede said.