Chapter 50: Island Challenge - Poni Island Part II

Hello again! I've brought part II of the final Island Challenge for you all to enjoy! I'll do the best I can to end the longest story arc as best I can. Speaking of story arc, the next major story arc will be the last one for Alola! Crazy how much the story has progressed. And what's also crazy, is this chapter is the 50th. 50th! Holy crap! That's a lot! Well, I'll let you all read now, I'll talk more about the final Alola story arc at the end. Enjoy!

Greninja remained frozen in place. He couldn't even speak. He just stood there wide eyed, his body slightly shaking. Zoroark could sense his apprehension.

"I know you might have mixed feelings about seeing me. But I promise you, it really is me."

Greninja's webbed hands started to twitch and he struggled to swallow the lump in his throat. Tears were beginning to build up.

"I'm sorry swee-, no...Greninja...I know you might be upset with me, but I at least want to tell you that I—"

She was cut off by Greninja wrapping his arms around her, his body shaking. Zoroark was surprised at first, but smiled. Tears were starting to fall from Greninja's eyes.

"I...I've wanted...I've wanted to see you again for so long now...mom..." Greninja said as he cried.

"Your Aura...it's the same as mine...you're definitely my child..." Zoroark said as she hugged him back.

After hugging each other for a bit, the two pulled apart.

"What are you doing her mother? I thought you were...you were..." Greninja asked as he slowly realized it.

"I've heard that Tapu Fini can create this mist to let someone see deceased loved ones" Zoroark said.

"Tapu Fini? How can she create mist that lets you speak to someone who's dead?" Greninja asked.

"I'm not sure. Maybe Tapu Fini wants us to talk to each other" Zoroark guessed.

Greninja finally remembered something.

"Oh right! Mother, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend Delphox" he said. But when he looked, she wasn't there. "Delphox? Where'd you go?"

"So, you've fallen for a Delphox huh? I'm quite surprised" she said with a giggle.

Greninja blushed, which made Zoroark laugh.

"I never thought you'd like Fire types that much. But...she really loves you."

This surprised Greninja. "How do you know that?"

"Motherly secret" she said with a wink. She suddenly changed her facial expression to one of sadness. "Greninja."

Greninja focused on her.

"There's something I need to tell you, or rather...show you."

Greninja grew confused. "What'd you mean?"

Zoroark's eyes lit up. The scene around them changed. Greninja found it familiar. It was mostly grass with a few small bodies of water nearby. There was a structure that functioned as a shelter overseeing everything.

"This place..."

"It's where you were born" Zoroark answered.

Suddenly another Zoroark appeared, except this one blended in with the scene. She was holding an egg in her arms as she hummed a tone. She laid down and snuggled against the egg.

"Just a little bit more. Mommy can't wait to meet you" she said.

"And start his training" a new voice said, one that Greninja recognized instantly.