Chapter 55: Alola League Part V - Alola's First Champion

Hello again! I really wanted to get this out sooner rather than later. It's finally time to see who will become Alola's first ever champion! So I won't waste any more time. Grab a snack and drink, sit back and enjoy!

Greninja readied a Night Slash sword. Turtonator stomped on the ground.

"Charge in Greninja!" Ash said.

"Flamethrower!" Kiawe said.

Turtonator fired a Flamethrower from its nose. Greninja didn't even need to be told to dodge, as he simply jumped and spun in the air. The tip of his Night Slash sword was caught in the flames. He landed and got in front of Turtonator.

"Do it!" Ash said.

Greninja swung his sword right into Turtonator's front. It cried out in pain, especially with the added heat from the tip of his sword.

"Follow it up with Aerial Ace!" Ash said as he punched the air.

Greninja's fist glowed blue as he readied it.

"Block with Dragon Tail!"

Turtonator turned and powered up its tail. It intercepted Greninja's fist. It then deflected Greninja backwards, who recovered from doing a backflip.

"Use Dragon Pulse!" Kiawe said with a wave of his hand.

Turtonator fired a Dragon Pulse right towards Greninja.

"Use Double Team!" Ash said.

Multiple copies of Greninja spawned. The Dragon Pulse hit, but didn't get the real one.

"Use Aerial Ace!"

The Greninja copies powered up their fists and leaped forward.

"Turtonator!" Kiawe called out.

Turtonator understood and got into position. The Greninja copies all made contact with its shell and exploded, making them all disappear. Once the smoke cleared, the real Greninja started running towards Turtonator.

Kiawe saw some debris next to Turtonator. "Launch some debris at it!"

Turtonator picked some debris and threw it Greninja.

"Keep moving!" Ash said.

Greninja jumped and did a vertical barrel roll to slide in between some debris. He landed on his feet and kept running. This shocked everyone.

"Night Slash!"

Greninja produced a new sword and swung it at Turtonator.

"Flamethrower!"

Turtonator fired a Flamethrower at Greninja at point blank range. This sent Greninja back towards Ash. Greninja had one hand on the ground while his other arm was stretched out.

"Water Shuriken!"

Greninja produced a Water Shuriken and hurled it at Turtonator.

"Destroy it with Dragon Tail!"

Turtonator swung its tail and cut the Water Shuriken in half. Ash gritted his teeth and let out a grunt.

"You're messing with me, aren't you" Kiawe said.

Ash looked confused. "Huh?"

"You're pretending to struggle cause Greninja hasn't entered its special form yet. Do you think Turtonator and I aren't worthy? Stop screwing around Ash! Fight me at full strength!" Kiawe declared. "Cause that's what rivals do."

Ash's eyes widened. He remembered the night Kiawe called him his rival.

"I will still win and prove I'm the strongest!" Kiawe's voice echoed.