Chapter 11: Housewarming Hospitality

Let's do this!

Kukui pulled up in front of his house, and from the looks of it, it felt kind of cozy. It wasn't a very big house, but it wasn't very small either. It had a porch and some chairs situated on it, and it had a little garden on the side. It was also right on the beach, and no doubt the windows facing it had the best view. Ash and Serena admired the area when they got out of Kukui's truck.

"Wow! Check out the view!" Serena said with stars in her eyes.

Kukui chuckled. "This home does have its perks after all."

"Yeah no kidding..." Serena said, still transfixed on the view.

Ash looked at her with a smile. He was happy that Serena was enjoying this. It actually gave him idea for something to do later. He approached the professor.

"Professor Kukui?"

Kukui turned to face Ash.

"What's up Ash?"

"What's the weather supposed to be like tonight?"

Kukui put his hand on his chin. "If I remember correctly, its supposed to be a pretty clear night. Why do you ask?"

Ash blinked a couple times. He chuckled as he rubbed his hand behind his head. "N-No reason professor, just wanted to know a little more about the climate that's all."

Kukui, of course, saw right through him. He knew why. He did the same thing when he started dating. Kukui crossed his arms with a smirk on his face.

"The climate huh?"

Ash was sweating as he continued to scratch the back of his head. Just then, the door opened, revealing a woman with white hair. She was wearing a light gray tanktop and dark pants, a jacket of some kind wrapped around her waist.

"Are you all just gonna stand out here staring at the view or come inside before the food gets cold?"

Everyone looked at the woman. Kukui smiled.

"Sorry about that honey, we're coming in now." He motioned to Ash and Serena to come inside.

Once they entered, Kukui did the introductions.

"This is my wife Burnet. She's also a professor but works in a different field than me."

Burnet stepped forward.

"Its a pleasure to meet you both" she said with a smile.

"My name's Ash, and this is my partner Pikachu."

"Pika, Pikachu!"

"My name's Serena. And thank you for your hospitality" Serena said with a bow. Ash copied her a second later.

"You're very welcome. I'm actually glad to finally have some new people over, all of our friends are always quite busy and don't have time to just eat and relax" Burnet said as she clasped her hands together.

Just then, a small brown Pokemon came running up to the group. It laid its front paws on Kukui as it barked. Kukui lifted it up to his eye level.

"Hey there buddy, did ya miss me?"

Ash looked at it with intrigue.

"What's that Pokemon?"

"This here is Rockruff, its known as the Puppy Pokemon, its also a rock type" Kukui explained.

Serena blushed with her eyes closed and had a huge smile. "Its so cuuuuuttteeee!"

Rockruff responded by jumping out of Kukui's arms and jumping into Serena's. It then licked her face as Serena laughed. Ash couldn't help but chuckle at the sight.