Chapter 87: Asking the Question

Hello all! I'm here with the next chapter! This will be very exciting, as I'm sure many of you know what will happen! I won't keep you guys waiting any longer, so enjoy!

The plane landed in Hau'oli City. The sky was slowly turning orange at this point. After getting their bags they left the airport. Rotom flew out of Ash's bag, hovering above him. They also let out Greninja and Delphox and they all walked out of the building.

"Ah, it's great to back!" Ash said as he stretched his arms out.

"For sure, I always love coming back here" Serena said.

"I missed it as well. It's almost nostalgic-roto" Rotom said.

"Where's Professor Kukui? He said he'd be here" Ash said as he looked around.

"Ash! Serena!" A voice said a little ways away.

The group turned and saw Kukui waving at them next to his truck. They walked up to him.

"Alola you two" he said.

"Alola" they both said.

"Is Professor Burnet not here?" Ash said.

Kukui shook his head. "I'm afraid not. She needed to finish up with decorations while we still had time" Kukui explained.

"Well let's head there then, I've been meaning to try making a new recipe and I need some new taste testers" Serena said.

"What's wrong with us?" Ash asked as he, Greninja and Pikachu looked at her.

"Because you guys will eat anything without a second thought" Serena teased.

"True" Greninja said.

They all piled into Kukui's truck. They eventually returned to the Kukui household. Upon approaching the house, Ash was immediately trampled by his Tauros herd, welcoming him home.

"Ah...ah...my everything..." he moaned.

Everyone sweatdropped. A vine suddenly wrapped around him and pulled him up. Once on his feet, he turned around and saw a Meganium smiling at him.

"Bayleaf? Is that really you?" Ash said with surprise.

Meganium nodded happily. Ash hugged her and congratulated her.

"She worked hard in order to evolve, though she got a lot of help from Sceptile" Kukui explained.

"From Sceptile?" Ash said. He finally got the message. "Meganium...are you and Sceptile...?"

Meganium blushed and nodded happily. Ash smiled. The ground started shaking again. Everyone turned to see the rest of Ash's Pokemon running up to greet him. One particular Pokemon caught his eye. He made his way towards him.

"No way...!" Ash said.

Rotom took pictures.

"Gigalith. The Compressed Pokemon. A Rock Type. The solar energy absorbed by its body's orange crystals is magnified internally and fired from its mouth."

"That's awesome Gigalith!" Ash said.

Gigalith nodded. Ash and Serena let out all their other Pokemon to enjoy themselves. The group made their way towards the house. Once inside, they all saw a bunch of Christmas decorations and a fake Christmas Tree next to the living room couch.

Burnet emerged from the kitchen.

"Oh! There you guys are!" Burnet said happily.

She came up and hugged Ash and then Serena.

"How are you doing Professor?" Ash said.

"I'm doing great, I finished all my work and can relax until next year!" Burnet said with excitement.