Chapter 3: Kanto Bound

Heyyo everyone! Here's chapter 3!

The early sun lit up the Yvonne household, illuminating any area that didn't have a light on. Normally, Ash would be sound asleep, but right now, he was fully awake, as his excitement about telling Serena the news energized him. Grace had come downstairs about half an hour earlier and was beginning to make breakfast. Ash offered to help but she shooed him away. Soon Clemont made his way downstairs, and was surprised to see Ash awake.

"Morning Clemont" Ash said with a smile.

"Good morning Ash, I never expected to see you awake this early."

Ash chuckled. "Well, its an important day for us right?"

Clemont was confused at first but quickly remembered.

"That's true, today's the day you're going back to Kanto right?"

Ash nodded. "Yup."

Clemont looked a little sad, which Ash picked up on. He walked over to Clemont and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry Clemont, I promise I'll keep in touch with you guys" Ash said with a reassuring smile.

Clemont smiled. He knew Ash well enough to know he meant it. He then frowned again.

"What about Serena?"

Ash was about to answer when suddenly Bonnie came down the stairs, still in her Tyrantrum onesie.

"Morning" she said sleepily.

"Morning Bonnie" Ash said.

Bonnie entered the living room and sat on the couch. Ash then grew curious.

"Hey Bonnie, is Serena up yet?"

Bonnie shrugged. "Beats me." She then grew a sly grin. "Maybe you should give her a wake up kiss?"

"B-BONNIE!" Clemont said. He then turned back to Ash, however, when he looked he wasn't there anymore. The two then spotted him walking up the stairs, most likely headed to Serena's room.

Ash walked quietly towards Serena's door, assuming she might still be asleep. He silently cracked open the door to check. He glanced at her bed and didn't see her. He then looked over towards her closet. He finally spotted her, however, she was only in her underwear. Ash became red, more red than he has ever been. He quickly ran back downstairs and past everyone and right out the back door. Everyone was so confused, but decided not to know why. Ash had his hands on his knees and was breathing heavily. Pikachu came out and stood behind Ash.

"PikaPi? Pika Pikachu?"

Ash didn't turn around, but he did acknowledge his partner.

"I'm...fine...Pikachu" he said in between breaths.

Pikachu seemed confused about his best friend's state, but decided to know more later.

Serena soon came down, all dressed and ready for the day.

"Morning" she said.

"Good morning sweetie" Grace said.

"Morning mom." She then noticed Ash wasn't here. "Hey, where's Ash?"

"He's in the backyard. Although he ran out there like he was using Quick Attack" Clemont answered.

Serena was confused by that, but decided to head outside to see him. She made her way out and saw Ash in the same position, however his breathing had calmed down.

"Ash?"

Ash recognized Serena's voiced and became really stiff. His body turned red again. "O-Oh h-h-hey S-Serena! G-Good morning!"