Chapter 45: Alola Crisis Arc Part V - Somber End

Hello all! Welp, the time has come for the conclusion of the most important arc of this story. I don't really have much more to say here (mainly cause I'm drawing a blank on what to say) so I hope you all enjoy the finale of the arc!

The bright light that covered Alola slowly started to fade. Everyone in Alola looked in awe as all the planes with their respective weapon were destroyed. Cheers boomed across all the islands. The surviving Rainbow Rocket grunts scattered around Alola started to get rounded up. The Island Guardians, while weakened, flew to their respective islands, not to slumber, but to retrieve.

Tapu Lele made her way towards the beach she had sent Pikachu and Sylveon to. She spotted them as well as others. She flew down, landing right next to the Pokémon. She had a look of sadness as she stared at their bodies.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I wasn't there to assist you..." she said as tears started to form in her eyes.

That's when she noticed a purple haired man and a few other Pokémon making their way towards the fallen Pokémon. Tapu Lele put up a defensive position around Pikachu and Sylveon. She looked angry, although tears were still falling.

"Don't come any closer!" She yelled.

James stopped. He slowly backed away.

"Forgive me...I tried to help them as best I could...but I failed...I'm sorry..." he said with sadness and regret in his voice. "I thought, if I finally did the right thing for once, maybe, I could save them...but I..." he continued with tears forming.

He suddenly felt something on his body. He turned to see Gourgeist, Inkay, Wobbufett and Mareanie hugging him, their own tears falling. Tapu Lele watched them interact and decided to trust them. She flew over to them, surprising them.

"...I'll trust you. But I need your help fast while we still have time" she said.

"Time? For what?" James asked.

Tapu Lele looked back at the two. "Just a moment ago...I sensed a faint heartbeat in both of them."

"So they're still alive?! We can still save them?!" James said.

Tapu Lele nodded. "But we must act quickly!" She said.

James nodded. He suddenly remembered that their enemies were still here. He looked at them with a blank stare. "What will we do about them? They will probably wake up soon."

"Don't worry, I extended their time of being unconscious when I arrived here. By the time they wake up they'll be in custody" Tapu Lele explained. She started to fly back towards Pikachu and Sylveon. "Now hurry! We don't have much time!"

James nodded and followed her with his Pokémon right behind him.

On the cliff side of Ula Ula Island, Primarina continued to hold Decidueye in her arms, her crying not stopped.

"Decidueye..." she tearfully whispered. She couldn't get the images out of her head. The image of him heartbroken during the Island Challenge, his fake smile and speech, and his dying face. "Please Decidueye...come back...! I'll do anything! Please come back to me!!" She cried, holding his head against her chest.

Ninetails was watching them with her own tears. It killed her inside seeing her Uncle's lifeless body being cradled. She couldn't find any words to say. But then again, what COULD she have said? Either way, it wouldn't make it any better.

The two suddenly saw a shadow growing bigger. They turned and saw a Pokémon hovering towards them. He slowly got closer, until he had to dodge a Hydro Pump being fired at him.