Chapter 39: Island Challenge - Ula Ula Island Part IV

Hello everyone! I'm finally here with the final chapter of the Ula Ula Island Challenge arc! I'm sorry it took so long, gathering some last minute ideas stalled me a little. But, I'm finally writing this so enjoy the chapter!

Brionne walked down the forest path, in search of the one she hurt. She felt awful for what she did and wanted to make it right. She finally saw him and ran.

"Decidueye! W-Wait hold on a minute!"

Decidueye stopped but his back was still turned.

"I'm sorry for what I said! I was just flustered and wasn't thinking straight! I'm sorry."

There was a momentary silence. Decidueye suddenly started to walk forward.

"Wha?! Hey Decidueye wait!" She called out.

"You're the worst being I've ever met, I don't have any feelings for you anymore" he said.

Brionne gasped. She started to tear up.

"No...Decidueye please..."

Decidueye just kept walking.

"DECIDUEYE!!"

Her eyes suddenly shot open as she shot up, her breath heavy and fast. She looked around. It was still dark out, and she was still in the same spot from earlier. She sighed.

'I...I need to apologize to him...I have to make it right.'

The sun eventually made its presence known as everyone started to rise. Ash stretched his arms into the air.

"Ah, that was a good sleep, I'm ready to fight the Kahuna!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said with mutual excitement.

"Those two never change" Serena said.

"Del" Delphox said while nodding her head.

As Ash and Serena gathered their things, all the Pokemon started to gather as well. Two were absent however, which the couple picked up on.

"Hey, where's Decidueye?" Ash asked.

"Brionne isn't here either" Serena said.

All of a sudden Decidueye came up to the group. He said nothing however. Dry tear stains were visible on his cheeks. This made Delphox, Sylveon and Passimian sad, as the know what caused them.

"Decidueye? Hey what's wrong buddy?" Ash asked in concern.

Decidueye walked up to Ash and grabbed his Poke Ball. He tapped the button and recalled himself. Ash caught the ball before it fell.

"What was that about?" Serena asked.

'I-I can explain' Delphox said to Serena.

Delphox explained what happened last night. Serena grew upset upon hearing it. She explained it to Ash, who was also upset. Eventually Brionne returned, her head down. She eventually looked up, only to see Delphox and Sylveon giving her a death glare. She looked at Serena, who gave an "I'm disappointed in you" look. Brionne looked down. She was suddenly grabbed and held up against a tree. She looked and saw Passimian with pure anger in her eyes. Ash attempted to stop her but Serena placed her hand on his shoulder.

"You've got some nerve showing your face here" she hissed. "Do you have ANY IDEA how much you hurt him?!" Tears started to fall down her face. "Honestly...you're just the worst..." she said as her arms shook. She dropped Brionne back to the ground. "I asked him what his problem was...now I know what it is...so what's yours...?" She asked coldly.