Chapter 13: Tapu Koko's Grand Trial

So sorry I took so long to write a new chapter! Work has been so tiring. But now that I have some time off, I can finally write a new chapter! So here we go!

Pikachu and Tapu Koko stared each other down, like waiting to see who would make the first move. Ash decided that debate.

"Pikachu use Quick Attack!"

Pikachu charged in at lightning speed towards Tapu Koko, who managed to dodge with ease. It continued to observe Ash and Pikachu. Ash got an idea.

"Use Quick Attack to jump off the trees to get higher!"

Pikachu obeyed and jumped from tree to tree, slowly getting higher with each jump. Tapu Koko jerked its head back and forth to keep Pikachu in its sights. Suddenly Pikachu was nowhere to be seen. Everything seemed quiet. Serena was looking around for any sign of Pikachu, holding Vulpix in her arms as she did so. Vulpix tried to copy her trainer/mother as best she could. Ash smirked.

"Iron Tail!"

Pikachu came crashing down with his tail glowing. He swung it and hit Tapu Koko in the side of the head. It started to fall towards the ground but quickly recovered. Pikachu landed in front of Ash, a confident smirk plastered on his face. Tapu Koko stared at them once more. It then let out a cry as electricity started to surround the area. The group looked all around with confusion.

"What's going on?" Serena asked to no one in particular.

"It must be some kind of move" Ash guessed. He heard Pikachu call out to him and refocused himself. He saw Tapu Koko starting to charge up electricity.

"If its electricity you want, then we've got plenty. Pikachu, use thunderbolt!"

Pikachu shot out a Thunderbolt after a brief charge. Tapu Koko fired off its electricity. The two attacks collided but Tapu Koko's broke through and hit Pikachu. Smoke erupted and Pikachu was blown backwards. Pikachu bounced off the ground but landed on his feet.

"You okay buddy?"

Pikachu gave him a reassuring nod. Ash started to think.

'Man, Tapu Koko is no joke, we manged to get a hit in but my guess is it let its guard down on purpose to test us. Gotta think of something...'

"Pikachu use Electro Ball!"

Pikachu formed an electric ball in his tail and launched it towards Tapu Koko. It responded by smacking the move away and back towards Pikachu, who was too stunned to dodge. Pikachu managed to get up again, but was clearly starting to get tired. Ash grunted.

'Dammit! I thought for sure--" he stopped when he glanced at Pikachu's tail. 'Wait a minute, that's it!'

"Pikachu use Electro Ball again!"

Once again Pikachu launched an Electro Ball towards Tapu Koko, who smacked it back towards Pikachu again. However, Ash predicted this. With a smirk, he threw his fist forward.

"Hit it back with Iron Tail!"

Pikachu swung its glowing tail and smacked his own Electro Ball back towards Tapu Koko, who was a little stunned at first, but narrowly avoided the attack. Serena and Vulpix stared in awe at the boys' performance.  Tapu Koko finally made its decision. It flew at high speed past Pikachu and was about to run into Ash.

"Ash!"

"PikaPi!"

Ash crossed his arms in front of his face in preparation for an attack. However, that attack never came. Ash looked to see Tapu Koko staring at him. It reached out its wing like hand and tapped on Ash's Z-Ring. It started to glow. Tapu Koko flew back and motioned for Ash to copy it. Ash and Pikachu seemed to understand and started to mimic Tapu Koko. The three did the same movements, however once it was done, a light started to emerge from Ash. The light made its way towards Pikachu and enveloped him.