Chapter 33: Icy Rescue Arc Part IV - You'll Always be my Mother

Hello again everyone! This chapter will be the final chapter of this arc, so I hope you'll all enjoy it. I'll see you all at the end to share what comes next. Aiight, enjoy!

*Earlier*

Vulpix was standing her ground, determined to protect her mama at all costs. The Ninetails, while still struggling to get up, was in awe at seeing her child act so brave. Faba was still recovering from Vulpix's attack on his stomach, he held it as he grunted.

"Insignificant brat! How dare you attack me!"

Vulpix remained unfazed. She narrowed her eyes as she scowled at him.

"I'll do much worse if you don't leave me and mama alone!" She said boldly. Of course Faba couldn't understand what she said but had a feeling she was threatening him.

"If you're threatening me, you'll regret it" he said as he slowly reached for another Poke Ball. He held it out. "Last chance. Come with me, or die here with your mother."

Vulpix closed her eyes, only to open them a second later. She fired another Ice Beam, this one hitting Faba in the groin. He wailed in pain. He looked up to see Vulpix sticking her center toe up at him. This made Faba go over the edge.

"THAT'S IT!!!! YOU AND YOUR MOTHER ARE DEAD!!!"

He threw the ball in the air. In a flash, a Claydol appeared.

"Use Ancient Power!" Faba yelled in anger.

Claydol summoned a few big rocks and launched them towards Vulpix. Vulpix responded by jumping out of the way and began to run around Claydol. Faba simply laughed.

"Looking for a blind spot? Don't bother, Claydol has 360 vision, so a blind spot is impossible!"

Vulpix fired off another Ice Beam, which Claydol dodged. Vulpix decided to run around again. She tried an Ice Beam again, but Claydol dodged once again. Ninetails had been watching her child battle. She had to find a way to help her. She scanned the room for anything. Her eyes eventually landed on the sprinklers attached to the ceiling. She quickly turned to see a box directly beneath one of the sprinklers, cords coming out of it.

Knowing what she needed to do, she began to concentrate. Her eyes suddenly glowed as she focused on the box. After some struggling, sparks started to appear. As more and more appeared, smoke started to rise. It eventually reached the ceiling.

'Please...let this work' She said to herself.

A moment later the sprinklers went off and the whole room was starting to get wet.

"What the?! What's going on?!"

"Now's your chance sweetheart!" Ninetails yelled to her child.

Vulpix was confused but it became clear once she saw Claydol. Said Pokémon was starting to melt, or at least it seemed like it. Vulpix ran forward, and shot a Shadow Ball directly into Claydol. Claydol was blown backwards. While struggling to get back up, it failed to notice Vulpix coming straight towards it.

"Uncle Pikachu...lend me your strength!"

She jumped into the air. With all her resolve, her tail started to glow.

"Take this!!"

She swung her tail right into Claydol, knocking it back even further. Claydol laid still on the ground. Vulpix landed on her feet, slightly out of breath. Faba looked shocked.

"Now then, unless you want me to do that to your ugly face, I suggest you leave us alone!"

Ninetails was in utter shock at her child's display of bravery. 'Sweetheart...who helped you become so brave...?' This question made her realize something. 'She must've been found by someone who helped her, a human most likely, and seeing how determined she was to protect me, it's most likely a female.' That's when she finally connected all the pieces. 'It seems I'm not her only mother...'