Chapter 68: Galar League - Fairy Badge

Hey everyone! I'm finally back after an I don't know why it took me so long absence! This will be Serena taking on Opal for her fifth badge. I alluded in the last chapter of returning dark elements, which is true, this chapter will be a partially dark, but only for the first half. The last chapter was also the longest chapter I've ever written, with over 7k words! Like holy crap! I don't want to make these chapters too long, but I don't want to make them too short either. Gotta find a middle ground right? Anyway, enjoy the long awaited chapter now!

The group journeyed deeper into Glimwood Tangle, apprehension growing stronger with each new step.

"Why does this place feel weird? Its almost like its..." Serena said.

"Alive" Ash said.

Serena was surprised that Ash said the word she thought.

"I was thinking that too" Greninja said.

"If that's true...then what exactly IS alive about this place?" Delphox asked as she clung to Greninja for safety.

As they kept walking, something continued to bother them.

"Hold on" Ash said as he stopped.

"What is it?" Serena asked as she stopped.

"How come we haven't seen any Pokemon?" Ash asked.

The others' eyes widened. They looked around and sure enough, there were no signs of any Pokemon anywhere.

"Even if its a dark one, surely any forest area would have some Pokemon living in it" Serena said.

Ash pulled out a Poke Ball. "Lucario, come out!"

Lucario appeared and instantly felt a tingle brewing. He looked at Ash. They both nodded. Lucario closed his eyes as his ears flew up and his body starting to glow. After a brief minute, he opened them again.

"I can't locate anything, something is distorting my Aura vision" he said.

Ash grunted. "I guess there is something out there then."

"H-Hey Ash? How about we do some t-training for a bit?" Serena asked with nervousness.

Ash was confused at first, but quickly surmised that she wanted to do something to dismiss the fear she was going through. With that, Ash agreed and they let out all their Pokemon.

They all got into small separate groups, working on different things. All the Pokemon felt similar apprehensive feelings like their trainers. Well, almost everyone.

"Hey Dreepy? Don't you feel kind nervous here?" Drizzile asked?

"Nervous? What should I be nervous about?" She asked.

"W-Well uh..." Drizzile tried to say something, but couldn't think of any reasons.

Raboot maintained her calm and cool demeanor, although she was growing internally nervous.

"This place gives me the creeps..." she said to herself. She heard sounds but when she turned she didn't see anything. She started to breathe faster. She tried to calm down by thinking happy thoughts, which quickly took over.

Shadowy creatures were surrounding her, laughing evilly. She was shaking with fear.

"H-Help me! S-Somebody!" She cried out with tears.

The shadowy figures kept getting closer and closer. She shrieked but she suddenly heard more noises. She looked and saw Drizzile in front of her.

"Don't worry my dear Raboot! I will always be here to protect you!" He said with his arms crossed.